Learn How to Use the Mood Cheat in The Sims 4!
Controlling your mood in The Sims 4 can be tough without a cheat. Like real people, our Sims can change their emotions frequently and can be quite problematic when it comes to remaining in one state. However, there is a cheat that is connected with altering the mood in The Sims 4. This is a very helpful one, especially if you like to fully control your gameplay or tell your story in the game.
Playing the game in a regular way, sometimes leaves you with no other option but to cheat. Cheating in The Sims 4 isn’t like in other games. Here we aren’t looking to get competitive, but to have the best possible simming experience that we can have. We, at SnootySims, are big advocates for cheats, since we believe that having fun is the most important part of the game. That said, let’s check out the cheat for controlling your mood in The Sims 4 and learn how to use it!
Do you want to know how to get free real estate? Check this easy cheat!
The Mood Cheat for The Sims 4
If you want to use the mood cheat for The Sims 4, you’re going to have to enable cheats in your game first. And if you’ve never done it before, or you’ve never played with cheats in TS4 in general, just follow these instructions.
First off, open up the cheat box inside the game by pressing down SHIFT + CTRL + C on your keyboard. If you’re a Mac user, the combination for you would be COMMAND + CTRL + C. And if you’re a console gamer, pressing down the four triggers on your controller should do the trick.
Once this window is opened, you’ll need to type in “testingcheats true” in the bar and hit enter. You may receive a message stating that you’ll no longer earn trophies while using cheats. If you don’t care about this part, just ignore the message and continue by adding the mood cheats.
For further help, please check out this video!
Do you want to know how to change the weather in The Sims 4? Check these cheats!
And the mood cheat for The Sims 4 is sims.add_buff_e_buff. This is the core line you’ll be using for adding different emotions to your Sim, so it’s best to remember it right away. Here we divided these emotions into two groups, positive and negative emotions, and we listed the versions of the cheat for every single one of them. Take a look!
- sims.add_buff HappyHigh – Makes your Sim happy.
- sims.add_buff_e_buff_happy – Makes your Sim happy for 12 hours.
- sims.add_buff PlayfulHigh – Makes your Sim playful.
- sims.add_buff_e_buff_playful – Makes your Sim playful for 12 hours.
- sims.add_buff FocusedHigh – Makes your Sim focused.
- sims.add_buff_e_buff_focused – Makes your Sim focused for 12 hours.
- sims.add_buff InspiredHigh – Makes your Sim inspired.
- sims.add_buff_e_buff_inspired – Makes your Sim inspired for 12 hours.
- sims.add_buff FlirtyHigh – Makes your Sim flirty.
- sims.add_buff_e_buff_flirty – Makes your Sim flirty for 12 hours.
- sims.add_buff ConfidentHigh – Makes your Sim confident.
- sims.add_buff_e_buff_confident – Makes your Sim confident for 12 hours.
- sims.add_buff EnergizedHigh – Makes your Sim energized.
- sims.add_buff_e_buff_energized – Makes your Sim energized for 12 hours.
- sims.add_buff SadHigh – Makes your Sim sad.
- Sims.add_buff_e_buff_sad – Makes your Sim sad for 12 hours.
- sims.add_buff AngryHigh – Makes your Sim angry.
- Sims.add_buff_e_buff_angry – Makes your Sim angry for 12 hours. See also our post on angry cheats.
- Sims.add_buff_e_buff_uncomfortable – Makes your Sim uncomfortable for 12 hours.
- Sims.add_buff_e_buff_embarassed – Makes your Sim embarrassed for 12 hours.
- sims.add_buff social_bored – Makes your Sim bored.
- sims.add_buff e_buff_bored – Makes your Sim bored for 12 hours.
- sims.add_buff Buff_Motives_Fun_desperate – Makes your Sim tense.
- sims.add_buff buff_Dazed – Makes your Sim dazed.
Do you want to know how to unlock all items in The Sims 4? Check out this cheat!
As you can see, you have tons of different emotions and cheats to control them. If you ever want to get rid of certain or all emotions, just use the sims.remove_all_buffs cheat. This line will clear all moods that you’ve previously put on your Sims, so you can continue playing the game in the normal way.
If you need more help, please visit our cheat page. There we have guides on all cheats for The Sims 4, so make sure to check it out!