Welcome to The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge!
Your sim is put in an asylum against their will. And, the only way they can get out is by proving to their psychiatrist that they’re fine. But, they’ll have to do so while taking care of 7 other people! Prepare to face a challenge full of hardships and adventure. Because this is The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge!
People originally designed this challenge for the Sims 3. But, it’s worth a try on The Sims 4! Your main goal is to complete your sim’s aspiration while also keeping your “friends” alive. However, things aren’t as easy as they might seem. Let’s see why that is.
Looking for a different challenge? Find it in our The Sims 4 Challenges Ultimate Collection!
The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge Rules
How to start:
As we mentioned, the main goal is to complete your sim’s aspiration while keeping everyone alive. Keep in mind that you have no control over your friends, and you all share the insanity trait. Obviously, your aspiration can’t be related to having families, wealth, and going outside.
- Start by creating your main sim. Remember that they must have the insanity trait and be a young adult.
- Afterwards, create 7 other sims that all have the insanity trait. But, none of your sims are allowed to be related. We recommend you opt for different traits each time to spice things up.
- Then, build your asylum in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. The size of the lot doesn’t matter. You can also use money cheats when building it. But, you can’t own any kind of pricey furniture, they all have to be the cheapest.
- Once you are done with your asylum, set your money to the amount your difficulty says.
Want something else? Check out The Sims 4 Apocalypse Challenge!
The basic rules:
The rules are fairly simple. All you have to do is make sure your friends are alive and well. But, without controlling them or checking their needs.
- When your asylum saves up a bit of money, you can start upgrading your furniture. But, you can’t buy any new furniture. You can always upgrade objects through handiness.
- You must always play on your main sim.
- No cheats, mods, or hacks.
- The sims’ lifespan can be on normal or long, your choice. Keep in mind that you should have autonomy on high as well.
- If a sim dies, you have to keep their grave on the lot.
- Because sims often die from embarrassment, you can have multiple toilets.
- Your sim can work hard in their career. But, you can’t make the others do it.
This challenge comes in many difficulty levels. Those levels are easy, medium, and hard. Completing hard will give you the most points!
- Complete two aspirations.
- Your starting funds are 1.000.
- You can have both the PC and the TV at the same time.
- No more than 6 bed spots.
- Up to 5 skill building objects. Computers, stoves, bookcases, mirrors, and TVs don’t count as skill items.
- All your friends must be in the criminal career. That’s because it is the lowest paying career.
- You can buy lifetime awards.
- Your sim can leave the asylum at any time. But they can go in public spots only between 9am and 3pm.
- You can have a maid and order pizza
- Your starting funds are 500.
- You will have to complete three different aspirations.
- If you have a PC, you can’t have a TV. And vice versa.
- No more than 5 bed spots at the same time.
- Only 2 of your “friends” are allowed to have jobs.
- No maids and no pizza.
- You can only leave the asylum from 7am to 5pm. However, you can only visit other sims from 9am to 3pm.
- Your starting funds are now 100.
- This time, you will have to complete four aspirations.
- No more than 4 bed spots at the same time.
- Your “friends” can’t work. But, your main sim can still join a career.
- You can only leave the asylum between midnight and 5am.
Where can I find the full set of rules?
You can find the rest of the rules on a forum post by simswithcheese, here.
We hope that you enjoyed this challenge! Don’t forget that on the forum post you can find a detailed way to keep your score. Challenge your friends and family and see who can get the highest scores! Share your score down in the comments and challenge other enthusiasts too!
Happy simming everyone!
Need a new challenge? Try out The Sims 4 Decades Challenge!