EA’s The Sims 4 is a fun game on its own! But if you are looking to spice things up a bit and make the game experience more thrilling, then there are always unique and creative gameplay challenges that you could try. One of these, and perhaps the most popular The Sims 4 challenge, is the 100 Baby Challenge.
The 100 Baby Challenge Overview
The 100 Baby Challenge is a crowd-favorite gameplay challenge in The Sims 4 that’s written initially by Snarky Witch. It was based on the first version of 100 Baby Challenge in The Sims 2, which was created by Amiisays.
What is the objective of this challenge?
Playing the 100 Baby Challenge is pretty straightforward. You just need to have a total of 100 babies in as few generations as possible. Easy? Sorry to burst your bubble, but this challenge is not as simple as you think it is! Nannies are not allowed, and the matriarch (mother) of the current generation can’t have a full-time or part-time job. That’s just some of the rules and more on that below.
How to complete this challenge successfully?
You will win the 100 Baby Challenge as soon as your matriarch Sim has given birth to its 100th baby. But break any of the rules, and you will fail.
Now, this is another exciting part of the game. You cannot count each offspring as part of the 100 babies unless they age up as Young Adults. The only exception here is the 100th baby. When the 100th baby is born, any of the underaged babies will then be counted as part of the 100.
Create the matriarch, a young adult Sim, to start the 100 Baby Challenge. The matriarch doesn’t need to be a female. It may have any gender customization as you please, as long as it can get pregnant. Once you’ve created the matriarch, you can move her into any lot it can afford using its available funds. Donor Sims (donors) will impregnate your matriarch sims. They can also be non-binary Sims as long as they are capable of getting a Sim pregnant.
Rules of the Challenge
Creator Snarky Witch makes a list of lengthy rules of the 100 Baby Challenge here. We’ll not discuss everything here one-by-one, but instead, we’ll focus on the most important rules of playing this exciting gameplay challenge for the base game. Note that if you have add-on packs installed, there are separate add-on rules to follow on top of the base game rules.
Before starting playing the 100 Baby Challenge, it’s important to note the following game options as part of the basic rules. First, you must set the game to “aging on” and “normal lifespan” so that your Sims will age up accordingly. Bear in mind that pregnant Sims do not age up, so it makes the challenge more doable.
For Non-Playable Character (NPC) Sims, turn on the Auto-Aging option to ensure that your Matriarch Sim will have more choices for possible donors.
And most importantly – no cheating! You cannot use any mods or cheats that would ease up the challenge. The only exceptions are bb.moveobjects for build mode and cheat codes to resolve glitches.
Here are the basic rules of the challenge for the base game:
Aging and Household
- Any reward or in-game method of extending a Sim’s lifespan is not allowed. However, rewards earned by completing aspirations, whims, and throwing social events are permitted.
- The babies, toddlers, and children Sims have to meet certain milestones and conditions before they are allowed to age up. This particular rule makes the challenge more difficult since aging Sims allow more room in the household for new babies.
- Young adult Sims can be moved out of the house to accommodate more children. However, you are not allowed to move them back in.
- A female, young adult is necessary to continue through the next generation. Once your matriarch becomes an elder, the youngest daughter will be the one to resume the challenge when she becomes a young adult.
- Babies, toddlers, and children must not be taken by social services or killed off.
- Your Sim, the matriarch, must do everything herself in taking care of the children. Hiring nannies are not allowed during the challenge, but you can hire maids, gardeners, and repair technicians.
Jobs and Careers
- Teenagers can help with the household income by working on part-time jobs.
- The matriarch cannot take a part-time or full-time job. However, it may register as self-employed or have a work from home career.
Romance and Donors
- The matriarch cannot get married until it becomes an elder. Once it gets married, it has to move out of the house with its spouse to make more room in the household.
- The matriarch Sim can only use another Sim as donor once. It means that the matriarch must not get impregnated more than once by the same donor. It’s fine if the pregnancy results in twins or triplets.
- None of the donors can move into the household or provide any aid to your household.
- Purchasing and using the Fertile Aspiration Reward is permitted.
Babies, Toddlers, Children, and Teenagers
- You can adopt a child, but it will not count as part of the needed 100 babies to complete this challenge.
- You cannot use any method that will influence the gender of the baby.
- The in-game randomizer must be used when selecting all the children’s traits as they age.
Still not enough?
Head over to this page to find more baby mods! And: On this page, you can find the awesome babyshower mod!