Welcome to the Sims 4 Decades Challenge!
The Sims 4 Decades Challenge is pretty much a journey through time. It’s perfect for everyone who wants a new way to play the game. Its rules are very straightforward, as well! All you have to do is go through every decade from the 1890s till 2010. In conclusion, the decade will determine how your sims are going to live. You transition into a new decade every time your family’s first child becomes a young adult.
Want a more complicated challenge? Find it in our The Sims 4 Challenges Ultimate Collection!
So what are the rules of the Decades Challenge?
As you have already guessed, on The Sims 4 Decades Challenge, each decade has a different set of rules. Your sims must live under those rules for the whole duration of the decade. Once their child comes of age, they are free to live under the rules of the new decade. The same thing goes for grandchildren.
So let’s check out the rules of the Decades Challenge:
The rules are a direct simulation of how things were during these times:
- Your sim can only have a relationship with a sim of the same ethnicity. And, they can only be of opposite genders.
- Outside toilets.
- Sims can’t use any electricity. They can only use fireplaces to cook and candles for lighting.
- Your sims can only use “Try for baby”. That means no Woohoo interactions!
- Girls can have the creativity bonus trait only.
- Women are stay-at-home mothers. But, they can make money through gardening.
- Your female children can only move out once they are married.
- Your heir must be a male. However, if you only get girls, one of their husbands can be the heir.
- You can only own wooden furniture.
- You can’t have any showers. But, you can use bathtubs.
- Your sims can’t join a career. So, they should only make money through painting, gardening, or woodworking.
- Your walls and floors can only be wooden.
- You can only have impressionist or classical paintings as decorations.
A new century brings change:
- You can now use electricity for light. So, you can finally buy some lamps!
- Your sims’ house can now have wallpapers.
- You can also use phonographs.
- Your male sims can now work!
- Business to level 6.
- Culinary to level 5.
- The musician career is fully unlocked.
The war years are upon us. So, you might have to part with your sims.
- Male teens now have to go to war before they reach adulthood. So, you have to roll a random number. If the number is odd, they’ll die. But, if it is even, they’ll survive! You can roll a number using random.org. They way they die is up to you!
- Male sims can’t work until they reach adulthood. A good idea is to move your young adult sims into another household and invite them over once a week. This will simulate wartime leave.
- You can now own carpets and painted walls.
- The males that marry your female sims must also go to war. But only if they are young adults!
- Careers are still only available for your male sims. They can now join business, culinary, entertainment, and painting.
- Once your male sims return from war, they must have one of these traits:
- Hot headed
The 1920s is the decade when women’s rights first started to appear. So, it is time to enjoy more freedom for your female sims!
- Female sims can now be the heirs of your generation. So, you don’t need to marry them off to some stranger in order to keep playing!
- Your female sims can now join the workforce as painters or musicians. But, they will have to quit their job once they have children.
- The mixologist and criminal boss brunch are now available. Only for males, that is.
Looking for another challenge? Try The Sims 4 Rags to Riches Challenge!
It is 1930 and the whole world has entered the Great Depression. Prepare to face a number of challenges!
- All your sims have now lost their jobs. So, the only way that they can make money for the next 2 weeks is by scavenging. Once these 2 weeks are over, they can get a new job.
- You can only pay your bills once your electricity has been cut off. But, if you want a harder version, you can pay them after your water is cut off.
- All sims that become adults in this era must have one of these traits:
The 1940’s are here and so is World War 2. Let’s hope that both you and your sims are ready for this.
- Your teen male sims have to go to war. And you know how this will go. Roll a random number, if it’s odd they’ll die. And if it’s even, they’ll survive!
- Your male sims can’t work until they become adults, because they’re at war.
- Once they return from war, they must have one of the following traits:
- Hot headed
As for women and the house, these rules apply:
- Every house must now own a radio and someone must listen to it for one hour a day.
- Every house must now have a garden.
- Your sims can only eat one meal per day. But, they are free to eat whatever their garden produces.
- Women now have to work. They must work in one of the following careers:
- Athlete – Body builder career.
- Painter – Master of the real.
- Culinary – Mixologist.
- Entertainer – Either.
Where can I find the rest of the Sims 4 Decades Challenge rules?
If you’re interested in this challenge, you can find the rest of the rules here. We hope that you’ll enjoy this historical Sims 4 Challenge. It is nice to travel through time and see how people lived in every decade.
Happy Simming everyone!
Need a new challenge? Check out The Sims 4 Black Widow Challenge!