Learn Everything There is to Know About the Politician Career in The Sims 4!
The politician career can be a fun experience for types of simmers out there. Even though it’s representing the real-world profession, a politician in The Sims 4 isn’t boring at all. You actually get a lot of things to do, as well as some rewards to unlock as you level up. The ranks of this career path are interesting as well, so everyone should give it a try.
If this is your first time playing as a politician in The Sims 4, there are a couple of things you’ll want to consider. First, you shouldn’t expect to become the wealthiest person in the world, even if you become a president. Don’t get it wrong, this is still a very profitable profession, but it doesn’t generate the most amount of simoleons. And lastly, you’ll need a lot of charisma to rank in this career, so we recommend you to use our charisma skill guide!
Now let’s jump into the details of the politician career in The Sims 4!
The Politician Career in The Sims 4!
The politician profession was brought to us with The Sims 4: City Living. It allows our Sims to become important individuals in their community, either by organizing charity events or leading whole nations as presidents.
This career offers four basic ranks and two branches with additional six ranks for you to progress through. The first four ranks revolve around your Sim successfully promoting a cause, no matter what it really is. At first, expect to spend some time at your house, working from home. You’ll have basic tasks to perform on a daily basis and get paid as you level up. But later on, you’ll take podiums and address masses, and the job will become much more fun.
Here are the four ranks of the basic politician career in The Sims 4, how much they pay, and what you get as a reward!
- Rank 1: Unruly Activist – $16 per hour. Rewards: None.
- Rank 2: Campaign Intern – $26 per hour. Rewards: Debate Politics interaction.
- Rank 3: Social Justice Worker – $39 per hour. Rewards: Check Cause Progress interaction and New Clothes.
- Rank 4: Community Organizer – $49 per hour. Rewards: Give Expert Speech interaction.
One thing to remember here is that the ideal mood for this career is Confident. And if you want to level up faster, make sure to hunt this mood all the time.
Do you want to become a scientist in The Sims 4? Follow our guide!
Once you complete the rank 4 of the politician career, you will be presented with a choice. You will need to select a branch in which your Sim will specialize further. Basically, there are two branches that you can go for are the Politician Branch and the Charity Organizer Branch.
The politician branch is a natural choice here if you’ve chosen this career for the opportunity to become a high-ranking politician. The additional six ranks you get will help you climb the political ladder and even become a president. All titles offer significantly higher wages, so it’s more than worth ranking up.
With this branch, your Sim will also be able to give speeches. Addressing the masses can boost your charisma skill, as well as grant you a Confident mood. So, make sure to at least give them a try.
These are the six ranks of the politician branch in The Sims 4!
- Rank 5: Civil Servant – $65 per hour. Rewards: Promote Policies interaction, Secure Vote interaction, and Make Empty Promises interaction.
- Rank 6: Public Official – $91 per hour. Rewards: New CAS Clothes.
- Rank 7: Councilperson – $127 per hour. Rewards: Kiss Baby interaction and The Squared Office unlocked.
- Rank 8: Representative – $178 per hour. Rewards: $3000.
- Rank 9: Elder Statesperson – $231 per hour. Rewards: $4000 and New CAS Clothes.
- Rank 10: National Leader – $340 per hour. Rewards: $5000 and Stately Chic Pre-Built Room unlocked.
Charity Organizer Branch
On the other hand, the charity organizer branch offers you an alternative path in the politician career. It is a much more humble profession. And you’ll be focusing more on environmental issues and making sure that charities end up in the right hand. But, it has a similar pay rate to the politician branch, so you don’t have to worry about getting broke.
Here, you won’t have to work on securing votes. Instead, you’ll mainly be asking for donations, so your charities can be successful.
Here are all the ranks of the charity organizer branch in The Sims 4!
- Rank 5: Friendly Lobbyist – $57 per hour. Rewards: Convince Protesters to Leave interaction.
- Rank 6: Fundraising Specialist – $98 per hour. Rewards: Every Little Thing Counts Pre-Built Counts.
- Rank 7: Charity Organizer – $123 per hour. Rewards: New CAS Clothes.
- Rank 8: Non-Profit Director – $153 per hour. Rewards: $600.
- Rank 9: Leader of the Cause – $219 per hour. Rewards: $700 and New CAS Clothes.
- Rank 10: Charity Icon – $342 per hour. Rewards: $900 and Making a Difference Pre-Built Room.
Aspiring to be a painter instead? Check our complete guide!
No matter which branch you pick in the politician career, you’ll still have tons of fun nonetheless. Running for a president is one of our favorite things to do here, with the whole gathering of votes and making sure the people love you. But, collection donations for charity is also a noble profession that we recommend to everyone!
If you need more help on this or other Sims 4 topics, please visit our cheat page. There you can find guides on all the cheats for the game. Good luck!