Are you familiar with the thrilling Rags to Riches Challenge? We’ve summarized below everything that you need to know about this complex but fulfilling challenge. Yep! We’ll walk you through the full rules, goals, and guidelines that will help you finish the game. Enjoy!
What Is The Rags to Riches Challenge?
The Rags to Riches challenge, also referred to as R2R, is an exciting and popular game in The Sims 4 created by simmer SimishGamer. The aim is to help your Sim rise to wealth from nothing. To complete the challenge, your Sim has to accomplish main goals, which include building a home, finding a job, and starting a family. Read below for the full details!
What You Need to Remember
To complete the Rags to Riches challenge, you must accomplish all of the Main Goals stated below. Take note that there are Required Steps that you must take to fulfill each of the Main Goals. Then, once you have succeeded with the Main Goals, you now have the choice to proceed with the Optional Goals of the Challenge.
First off, begin the challenge by creating your sim and purchasing an empty lot. Move into this empty lot and take away all your sim’s money. Use the cheat console and type “testingcheats true” then type “money 0”, which will set your existing simoleons to zero. This cheat, along with the Reset Sim and Move Objects cheats, are the only cheats you could use for the entire challenge.
Other Guidelines Before You Begin
Before you take on the Main Goals, Required Steps, and Optional Goals of the Rags to Riches challenge, please take note of these important guidelines which will help enrich your journey:
- Before getting a job or a business, your sim can make money in other creative ways (see the section below).
- Your sim’s life span can be adjusted to your preference. You can also turn aging off.
- Any other sim added to the house that isn’t the spouse or children, may not earn any money.
- You can only place objects outside your Sim’s lot and use seeds after completing the Required Steps for Building a Home.
- Let your sim sleep in public areas or friends’ homes before they earn money to buy their bed.
- Your sim can eat and make dishes in public places or their friends’ homes but taking the food with them when they leave is not allowed.
- Your sim cannot keep any of the Simoleons earned through club memberships.
The Main Goals of The Rags to Riches Challenge
As we told you earlier, completing the Rags to Riches challenge means fulfilling all of the Main Goals below! Just remember to accomplish first the Required Steps before diving into the Main Goal.
1. Building a Home
You must build an entire home with a kitchen, a dining room, a living room, at least three bedrooms, and at least two bathrooms. The home must also have a study room with at least one computer, and a pool. After the basics of the home are built, construct a garden outside.
Before building your home, you must attain level 5 in the Handiness Skill and at least level 3 in Logic Skill. You must then pay 500 simoleons to the city as a fine for causing noise disturbance for building your home. As there is no actual in-game feature for paying fines, you can just subtract 500 from your sim’s total money.
A home is considered built when it has the basics: at least one bedroom with a bed, a bathroom with a toilet and shower, a living room, a kitchen with fridge, sink, counter, stoves, tables, chair, fire alarm, and couch. Yep. You can further develop your sim’s home later on. After the basics, you may now focus on the garden. Get your Handiness Skill to level 7 and your Gardening Skill to level 5 before the actual garden construction. Then, subtract another 500 simoleons from your sim’s money as your “garden blueprint” apparently costs this much.
2. Starting a Family
Another Main Goal in the Rags to Riches challenge is for your sim to meet another sim whom they will later marry. Your sim could meet someone who already exists in the game, or you could create one specifically for this challenge. Just make sure that the said sim will have no possessions and zero simoleons before the marriage. Next, let your sim have children with their partner, and then let them later become a grandparent.
Your sim is allowed to marry once the basics of the home have been constructed. After the partner moves in and becomes married to your sim, let them have children. Each little child must be able to max out their skills as a toddler. Additionally, before each child becomes a teen, they must either have level 5 in any skill plus perfect grades at school OR have level 10 in any skill.
Furthermore, before each child ages up to a young adult, they must either have level 5 in any two skills plus a part-time job OR have level 10 in any two skills. When it comes to the marriage of these kids, your sim must host a wedding event for each child and be responsible for paying for the wedding costs.
2. Having a Career/Business, an Aspiration, and Wealth
You may choose to let your sim enter a job in any career, or run a business such as a restaurant, a retail shop, or a clinic. If you choose to let them have a job, they must reach level 10 in that specific career. If they get into a business, they must earn 100,000 simoleons from operations, as well as ensure that their employees get full training. In either case, your sim must obtain the Entrepreneurial Reward Trait.
For the aspiration aspect of the challenge, let your sim and his/her wife complete at least one aspiration in their lifetimes. Each child that they have must also be able to complete one aspiration—either in their childhood or adulthood years. In terms of wealth, the goal is to have your home valued at 100,000 simoleons and have at least 200,000 simoleons in your savings. If you want a more difficult challenge, you can even aim for a much higher rate.
If you are going to take the career route, follow this Required Step, but if you are on the Business route, skip this. This is the Step: Before you apply for a career, complete first the Required Steps to Building a Home. Then, subtract another 1000 simoleons from your sim’s savings as this is the cost for a “college degree”.
The Optional Goals of The Rags to Riches Challenge
In order to complete the Rags to Riches challenge, the following goals are no longer mandatory for you. Yep! Finishing these optional tasks can make your game more difficult. However, if you aim to have more satisfaction from the challenge, then the following feats are perfect for you!
Family And Relationships
- Have at least three more children and at least three more grandchildren.
- Have at least one child and their children live with your starter Sim.
- Get a divorce and remarry after you have kids. Keep the kids after the divorce.
- Have an amazing relationship with your kids.
- Woohoo in every place possible.
- Complete one of your children’s adult aspirations.
- Complete one of your grandchildren’s child aspirations.
- Complete one of your grandchildren’s adult aspirations.
- Have twins or triplets.
Skills And Career
- Get both your Sim and its spouse to Level 10 in their career.
- Have a part-time hobby while employed.
- Write every style book.
- Read every book.
- Reach Level 5 at all skills
- Place at least five (5) of your paintings on the walls of your home.
- Upgrade your house to a mansion using the most expensive items in the game.
- Complete every type of party successfully.
- Throw 10 house parties with at least three (3) guests swimming at each one.
- Host five (5) or more weddings.
- Purchase every lifetime reward for one Sim. Potions are excluded.
- Visit every public lot at least three (3) times.
- Raise your family’s worth to one million Simoleons.
How to Make Money without a Job or Career
If you’re scratching your head thinking of the ways your sim can survive the Rags to Riches challenge (and even try to build a home?!) without yet dabbling on a career or a business, then check out the following tips and tricks for making simoleons:
- Before your sim is qualified to construct a garden and harvest their own plants, you can have them harvest plants from other parts of town. Sell these!
- Your sim can find an easel in parks, museums, or at friends’ homes. Let them create paintings here and have them sell these.
- Go to the library and utilize the free-to-use computers to write novels, which can let your sim gain daily royalties.
- If your sim is not fond of writing, then let them try programming in the computers instead.
- There are open mics at nightclubs. Visit these areas and give Comedy a try.
- Some parts of town also have free-to-use musical instruments. You can get your hands on these, to play and make tips. Without musical instruments, you can also simply sing for tips!
- Collect lots of stuff! Scour the town for rocks, crystals, fossils, metals, and elements. You can sell these for a hefty price!
- Visit ponds and rivers in town, and the seas in Sulani. Cast your hooks and catch all the fish that you could for selling.
- Play video games on the library computer and join professional gaming tournaments later on to receive payouts!
- Join competitions and games in festivals for the chance to bag some extra cash!
Wrapping It Up: We Dare You to Take On the Rags to Riches Challenge!
The Rags to Riches might seem like a complicated challenge but getting to finish it would provide you with a profound satisfaction of The Sims 4. With the rules prohibiting the use of almost all available cheats in the game, you’ll certainly feel an authentic sense of satisfaction each time your sim completes the Main and Optional Goals from the challenge. As you begin your Rags to Riches adventure, remember to refer to this article to guide you. Happy playing simmers!