Are you someone who wants to start carving pumpkins in Sims 4 but you are unsure of how to go about it? If this sounds like you, then check out this article. You will find out not only how to carve a pumpkin but also what sims can do with it!
Time to Get Your Carving On!
Sims 4: Spooky Stuff introduced the pumpkin carving station, which lets you carve pumpkins in The Sims 4. Thankfully, in The Sims 4, Halloween, or their spooky version of the holiday, comes much sooner than it does in real life! Due to our helpful guide, you will learn how to carve a pumpkin via the caring station and what to do with it afterward.
Acquiring the Carving Station
To get the Pumpkin Carving station, buy The Sims 4: Spooky Stuff pack here. Without this, the carving station (that enables you to start carving pumpkins) will not show up in the catalog items available for purchase.
It was released in 2015 and currently sits at a price of $9.99 USD. Once you purchase and download it onto the main sims game, you’ll be ready to get your pumpkin carving on!
Carving Pumpkins in The Sims 4
Well, you have the pumpkin carving station. The next obvious step is to start carving pumpkins! Children, teens, and adults can carve pumpkins, so do not think child sims cannot get in on the fun. To carve pumpkins, the sim is going to need to have the handiness skill depending on the pumpkin they carve. For child sims, it is a motor skill.
Pumpkins come in four colors: pale orange, green, white, and basic orange. When it comes to carvings, there are 10 different carvings sims can create. Children sims can create four of them while teen sims or older can carve all ten.
- Dud Pumpkin or Fail Variant: Basically, kid sims and older are able to create this fail of a pumpkin. Motor skill and handiness only have to be at level 1 because it is a well… fail.
- Cockeyed Pumpkin: A step up from a failure, but still pretty lame. Kid sims or older can create this sim. All they need is to have their motor or handiness skills at level 1.
- Classic Pumpkin: Ah, the… classic pumpkin. This kind of pumpkin your sim can carve is pretty self-explanatory. It can be carved by children sims and older, but in order for them to do this, the motor skill must be at 3 or handiness at 1.
- Cat Pumpkin: Cat pumpkin can be described as meowtastic and is the last type of pumpkin a child sim can carve. For a child sim or older to carve this, the motor skill must be up to 5 or handiness 1.
- Ghost Pumpkin: Boo! Believe it or not, the ghost pumpkin is not the scariest one on this list! An adult sim only needs their handiness at level 2 if they want to carve this one.
- Smiling Pumpkin: Depending on your fear tolerance, a smiling pumpkin can be pretty creepy. If your adult sim does feel up to carving this uncomfortable-looking pumpkin, their handiness only has to be up to level 2.
- Owl Pumpkin: The only pumpkin on this list that is a hoot! Get your sims handiness up to level 3 and they will be able to carve it.
- Scared Pumpkin: If a pumpkin is scared something must be seriously wrong. Still, if your sim feels up like they want to carve this pumpkin, make sure their handiness is at level 3.
- Puking Pumpkin: The one pumpkin carving on this list that is more on the funny side. Get your sims handiness to level four for this one. Then your adult sim will carve a pumpkin.
- Wicked Pumpkin: And finally, the last one on our list, which is probably the evilest out of all of them. In order for your sim to carve this devilish pumpkin of epic proportions, their handiness skill needs to be up to level 5.
What to Do After Carving Pumpkins in The Sims 4
You have a carved pumpkin of your choice, but what exactly are you supposed to do with them, anyway? Thankfully for you, we have put together a small list of what exactly you can do with carved pumpkins.
- Some typical activities you can engage in with a carved pumpkin are simply viewing the pumpkin or putting them in your inventory. Not very difficult to do when you think about it.
- Want to light a candle in your pumpkin? Well, your sim can do that if they carve a pumpkin. The moment they are sick of it they can just extinguish the flame.
- Smashing Pumpkins is now more than just a band! In The Sims 4, you can smash your newly carved pumpkins.
- Enable or disable an emotional aura.
- If you want to preserve your carved pumpkin, you can do so by paying only $50 simoleons and getting your handiness skill to 5.
- Ghost sims can have some special interactions once sims are done carving pumpkins. They can not only possess a pumpkin and get their haunting on but can also wear it and then become a pumpkin head ghost!
And there you go, Sims lovers! This is how can get your sim can do some carving pumpkins in The Sims 4 at a carving station and what you can do with one once you have gained it.
It is a perfect thing to do during the spooky season and all of them spooky parties!