Otherworldly beings, supernatural sightings, and haunted residential lots in the Sims 4? Yes, please! This exclusive guide walks you through all the awesome (and eerie!) features of The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff. Read on to know what makes this stuff pack so special!
What is the Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff?
The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff was released by EA Games on January 26, 2021. It was the eighteenth stuff pack for The Sims 4 and is considered the successor to the Sims 3 Supernatural expansion pack. It unveiled plenty of interesting additions to the game, such as a new residential lot type, a new skill, a new career, new NPCs, and new CAS and Build Mode items! Read on below to know all the new frightening features of the game.
Haunted House Residential Lots
This is an exciting new addition to the residential lots available in the Sims 4. But first things first, we got to warn you about this new territory! By staying in a Haunted House Residential, your Sims will go through harrowing hauntings.
Basically, they have to brace themselves for the terrifying things that will occur in 7 straight nights—such as encountering cursed dolls, experiencing things being broken around the house, being disturbed by the presence of spirits, and the like. The only good thing that will come out of the experience is that your Sims will reap rewards in the form of satisfaction points each night they survive.
Mischievous Specters Everywhere
In the Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff, one of the first things that will pop out of the darkness is these cute (and sometimes, evil!) glowing balls of spirit. These spectral guests will stay in random areas of your house bearing different colors which signify their various moods. Encountering Green Specters is favorable as they are generally approachable in this state. Blue Specters are also relatively safe to interact with. Encountering the Red Specters, on the other hand, will be risky as these angry ghosts would sometimes breathe out fire and seriously scare your Sims. To appease these Specters, you can offer them a selection of gifts, or if you are quite generous, a piece of your soul would also suffice.
Mastering the Medium Skill
The Medium skill is a new ability introduced in the Paranormal Stuff pack. By performing rituals on the Séance Table, such as communicating with spirits and invoking the dead, your Sims can gradually learn this ability. Maxing out this skill is a major requirement for the Paranormal Investigator career, so if your Sims want to venture into this job, make sure that they obtain their Medium know-how early on. Learning the Medium skill is also essential in summoning the spirit of Guidry the Ghost, as well as Bonehilda. We will touch on these characters later on.
New Paranormal Investigator Career
What also comes with the Sims 4 Paranormal pack is a new career track! The Paranormal Investigator is a freelance career that allows your Sims to obtain an official Paranormal Investigator License and score several ghostbusting gigs around town. There are plenty of ways for your Sims to unlock this freelance job, but the best way is for them to max out their Medium skill level and have them talk to Guidry the Ghost about getting a license. You can read our full guide here to know more about the Paranormal Investigator Career!
What is Spiritual Serenity?
This is the current level of spiritual calmness or chaos inside your Haunted House. If your Sims have been encountering creepy dolls sprawled on the floor, if they’ve been noticing mysterious puddles and broken pipes around the house, or if their pets have been reacting scared of invisible sightings, you can bet that their house is extremely off the spiritual serenity! Have your Sims check the Spiritual Serenity of their lot by letting them use the séance table.
Old and New Spooky NPCs!
Meet these new and recurring NPCs in the Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff!
- Guidry the Ghost – Feeling scared? Guidry the Ghost is out to help you! This friendly and flirty NPC will arrive at your house during the second night of hauntings. Coincidentally, you can also summon him using the Séance table. Guidry is an essential ingredient in helping your Sims survive their 7 nights of terror in the game, as he will guide you and answer all your questions about your strange experiences. His fashion sense and quirky personality are just added bonuses.
- Bonehilda – You might feel nostalgic as you encounter this endearing old NPC. Yup! The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff officially reintroduces Bonehilda to the game, our favorite skeleton maid who originally appeared in The Sims: Makin’ Magic. Like Guidry, you can also summon Bonehilda using the Séance table, and once you do, she’ll go round and about cleaning and maintaining your place. Talk about an added help around the house!
- Temperance – Temperance is probably the most frightening NPC you will ever meet in The Sims 4! She will appear after your Sims have succeeded in surviving the Haunted House for a few nights, carrying a lot of rage inside her. Yup! Be warned that Temperance is a seriously pissed ghost that will cause a lot of trouble in your residence. She can destroy objects or cause them to malfunction, and she will definitely cause your Sim to be horrified, so plan ahead on how you’ll deal with her.
A collection of odd new objects
New interesting stuff is available through the Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff pack, which adds a lot of fun to the gameplay. Here are my personal favorite items:
- Séance table – This special table helps your Sims learn the Medium skill, summon otherworldly beings, connect with spirits, and other important stuff. It is the bread and butter of the Paranormal Investigator career!
- Crystal Ball – This cool glowing ball, with eerie traces of a person’s face in it, is a fancy addition to the Séance table as it helps make the Séance rituals look more legit.
- Helping Hand – This fashionable hand is not just a simple table ornament. It could help you activate Heroic Mode in your Sims’ house, which will advance some of the effects of the hauntings. It can also disable the help of Guidry the Ghost in case your Sims are feeling quite independent.
Verdict: Is the Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff pack worth having?
If you ask us, we totally think that the Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff pack is a great addition to the game. If you are a fan of all things scary and supernatural, you will appreciate having this installed as it will give you endless hours of entertainment in building the perfect Haunted House and having your Sims live through the horror that awaits them. Have fun playing!