The Free Real Estate Cheat for Sims 4
Using the free real estate cheat in Sims 4 can be a great way of purchasing homes for free. Not only does it give you the opportunity to live in your dream house, but it also allows you to spend your simoleons elsewhere.
The free real estate cheat is especially useful to players that don’t like cheating in Sims 4. Instead of overloading your game with millions of simoleons (by using cheats like MOTHERLODE or ROSEBUD) just to buy a house, you can type the free real estate cheat once and be done with it.
So what is the free real estate cheat line in Sims 4? And how should you use it?
How to Use the Free Real Estate Cheat in Sims 4?
If you’ve never used it before, the cheat for free real estate in Sims 4 is simply “freerealestate on”. And once you’ve done purchasing your new home for free, you’ll need to type “freerealestate off”. But if you aren’t sure how this whole process usually goes, here’s what you’ll need to do!
- Open the command console box in Sims 4 by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + C on your keyboard.
- Enable the usage of cheats in your game by typing “testingcheats true” in the dialogue bar.
- Then type the free real estate cheat “freerealestate on” and hit ENTER. The game will notify you that the cheat is on.
- Close the command console box.
- Choose a house in your Sims 4 world and purchase it.
- Open the cheat box again and type “freerealestate off” when you’re done.
The free real estate cheat is used before you move in with a family. More precisely, you will first need to select a world you want your Sims to live in, then open up the command console, while you’re browsing for your desired house. In the cheat box, now you will need to type freerealestate on. This will turn on the cheat and let you choose whichever house you want. For free!
Please note that you can’t select every single lot on the map. You won’t be able to move into a house that’s already got a family of Sims living there. So, you can only purchase empty pre-made houses with this cheat. However, the choice is still wide since there are so many great and expensive lots to check out with your new Sims!
If you’re a new player and don’t know how to enable cheats, check the steps below or visit this guide.
How to Enable Cheats in Sims 4?
Even though most simmers know how to enable cheats very easily, new players often ask me for instructions. It’s very confusing when you first start dealing with cheats in Sims 4, so here’s how to enable them.
- Launch the game.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + C on your keyboard to open the cheat box (CMD instead of SHIFT if you’re on a Mac, or the 4 triggers on the back of your controller if you’re using a console).
- Type “testingcheats on” or “testingcheats true” in the bar and press ENTER (it doesn’t matter which one you use since they do the same job).
- The game will give you a message, saying “Cheats are now enabled”.
- Here you can use any cheat you want, including the free real estate cheat.
- And when you’re done with cheating, open the console again and type “testingcheats off” or “testingcheats false”. This should disable cheats usage in the game.
And that’s all you need to know about enabling and disabling cheats in Sims 4!
Now let’s see why you should use the free real estate cheat in Sims 4!
Why Should You Use the Free Real Estate Cheat?
Here are the top 3 reasons why you should use this cheat:
- Grants free access to all the real estate in the game
- Can be activated very easily through the command console box
- Saves your money so you can spend them on decoration or other things
The free real estate cheat solves a lot of problems when it comes to moving in with new Sims. The cheat clears all of your worries about money and lets you have the house of your dreams without paying for it. That’s especially great if you have big plans for your Sims and want to keep all the cash for decorating your interior, for example.
The free real estate cheat is better than MOTHERLODE and the other free money cheats and mods in many situations. You can use it any time you’re looking for a new home in Sims 4 and it’s always available.
The best part is that you don’t have to move your Sims in a random house first, then use the cheat to move them later! Instead, whenever you finish creating a family of Sims and you’re deciding on a house, just pop up the command console and activate the free real estate cheat in the cheat box! It’s as easy as that.
But this isn’t the only useful cheat when you’re starting a new family in the Sims 4. Here is a handy cheat for skipping utilities and mortgages in Sims 4.
Free Utilities Cheat for Sims 4
If you want to save even more simoleons in Sims 4, I seriously recommend you use the free utilities cheat. It lets you skip paying for your bills which is really helpful when you first move to a new home. Here are the cheats you should be aware of:
- household.autopay_bills – automatically pays all of your bills.
- household.autopay_bills true – turns off all of your bills.
- household.autopay_bills false –turns all of your bills back on.
These are just a few handy tools you can use in combination with the free real estate cheat for Sims 4. Keep in mind that if you disable the cheat usage in your game, you’ll also remove the effect from these 3 cheats if they’re activated.
The Sims 4 free real estate cheat is the easiest tool to use for getting the exact home you want. It’s very simple, easy, and quick, and you can use it for every new Sim you create!
Many of you will find this cheat invaluable because it will save you a bunch of time you normally spend on spamming MOTHERLODE, downloading and installing mods, or just grinding money the normal way.
We, at SnootySims, think that the free real estate cheat is a great quality-of-life tool that every Simmer should at least try out!
And if you need further help around using the free real estate cheat, check this YouTube video! 🙂