Check out our guide on Sims 4 Life States! Whether you prefer the magical charm of mermaids and spellcasters or the mysterious allure of aliens and vampires, playing with these extraordinary life states opens up a world of endless possibilities and fantastic adventures!
What are Life States in The Sims 4?
In The Sims 4, life states refer to non-regular Sims that exist alongside regular Sims. These Sims usually have supernatural abilities and special skills or appear with a distinct set of bodily features and skin colors. Since the launch of the original The Sims games, life states have added a touch of imagination and magic to the game, letting us Simmers create fantastic Sims with unrealistic lives. Apart from occult life states in the game, The Sims 4 also features other life states with distinctive characteristics that also set them apart from regular Sims. Read all about these life states below!
Occult Life States in The Sims 4
1. Ghost Life State
In the game, Ghosts are the spirits of deceased Sims who have returned to the living world. Sometimes, they can still be a part of your Sims’ household.
- Introduced in: The Sims 4 fifth patch update
- Appearance: Ghost Sims are translucent, glowing, and sometimes have a colored aura representing their emotions.
- Common Location: Cemeteries, Near Urns and Tombstones
How to Become a Ghost:
Sims can become ghosts after they die, and a ghost version of them will appear in the game. Alternatively, Simmers can use cheats or game modifications to turn a Sim into a ghost without them dying.
Ghost Life State Special Abilities:
- Possession: Ghosts can possess objects and use them to interact with the living world.
- Haunting: Ghosts can haunt objects and scare Sims around them.
More on SNOOTYSIMS: Have You Seen a Ghost? All You Need To Know About These Spooky Creatures!
2. Alien Life State
Aliens are extraterrestrial beings hailing from Planet Sixam, who can disguise themselves and interact with regular Sims.
- Introduced in: The Sims 4: Get to Work
- Appearance: Aliens have a regular Sim form and an alien form. In the latter, they usually have blue or green skin, black almond-shaped eyes, and they occasionally wear futuristic clothing.
- Common Location: Planet Sixam
How to Become an Alien:
You can create an alien in CAS, or your male Sim can become abducted and come back pregnant with an alien baby. Increase your male Sim’s Rocket Science skill, stargaze, use a telescope, or explore space with a rocket for a chance of abduction by Aliens.
Alien Life State Special Abilities:
- Transmutation: Aliens can transmute metals, crystals, and elements.
- Disguise: Aliens can change their disguises, allowing them to appear differently to other Sims.
- Mind Control: If an alien’s true identity is discovered, they can use this ability to erase a Sim’s memory of the encounter.
3. Vampire Life State
In the Sims 4, Vampires are immortal creatures with supernatural abilities and needs. They can transform into bats and hypnotize other Sims.
- Introduced in: The Sims 4: Vampires
- Appearance: Vampires also have regular Sim forms, but when they transform, they usually have pale skin, fangs, and sometimes glowing eyes or dark veins under their eyes.
- Common Location: Forgotten Hollow
How to Become a Vampire:
Encounter a Vampire and build a friendly relationship, then let the Sim approach them and “Ask to Turn” them into a Vampire. Or, you can create one in CAS.
Vampire Life State Special Abilities:
- Immortality: Vampires don’t age and have a significantly longer lifespan. However, they can die for other reasons!
- Vampire Powers: Vampires can unlock various powers, like mind control and hypnotic command.
4. Mermaid Life State
Mermaids are mystical beings featuring both human and fish-like qualities. The ocean is their dwelling place, and they have a unique set of aquatic interactions.
- Introduced in: The Sims 4: Island Living
- Appearance: Mermaids also have double appearances, a regular and an occult one. In their occult form, they have a mermaid tail instead of legs and may have different skin tones, often with scales and colorful patterns.
- Common Location: Sulani Islands
How to Become a Mermaid:
If you don’t prefer creating a CAS mermaid, turn one of your Sims into one! By spending 500 satisfaction points in the Rewards Store, your Sims can get the Mermaidic Kelp. Let them eat this, and have them swim in a nearby pool or beach so they can transform!
Mermaid Life State Special Abilities:
- Water Powers: Mermaids have various water-based abilities. They can sing lullabies, lure fish, call dolphins, and many others.
- Weather Control: Mermaids have the ability to change the weather through mermaid calls.
5. Spellcaster Life State
Riding brooms and brewing potions brews are what Spellcasters do! These Sims can wield magic and cast spells to affect the world around them.
- Introduced in: The Sims 4: Realm of Magic
- Appearance: Spellcasters look like regular Sims, but may usually have mystical clothing or unique hairstyles.
- Common Location: Magic Realm HQ
How to Become a Spellcaster:
You can create a Spellcaster in CAS. Or, have a Sim visit The Magic Realm. Around the Realm, they must look for and gather seven Motes, which are floating orbs. Once your Sim has them, simply bring them back to any of the three Sages to turn them in.
Spellcaster Life State Special Abilities:
- Cast Spells: Spellcasters can cast various magical spells, like turning other Sims into objects or summoning familiars.
- Potion Brewing: Spellcasters can brew potions with various effects.
6. Werewolf Life State
This ferocious life state features Sims who have the ability to transform into powerful wolves during a full moon. They have enhanced senses and can hunt meat and track collectibles.
- Introduced in: The Sims 4: Werewolves
- Appearance: Like Vampires, Aliens, and Mermaids, Werewolves have a normal Sim form, but during a full moon, they transform into large, hairy wolves. They can also master switching to this form anytime they like.
- Common Location: Moonwood Mill
How to Become a Werewolf:
You can make a Werewolf Sim in CAS. Alternatively, Sims can befriend a Werewolf in Moonwood Mill, then ask them to be bitten to become a Werewolf during the next full moon.
Werewolf Life State Special Abilities:
- Transform into a Wolf: Werewolves can transform into powerful wolf forms during a full moon or at will.
- Hunting: Werewolves have heightened senses and can track down collectibles like gems and metals.
Other Life States in The Sims 4
7. Skeleton Life State
This life state features Sims who have been transformed into living skeletons. They can do a few skeleton tricks and jokes, adding a humorous touch to their interactions.
- Introduced in: The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure
- Appearance: They have a skeletal appearance, with visible bones and no flesh.
- Common Location: Selvadorada Jungle
How to Become a Skeleton:
Sims can become temporary skeletons using the relics found in the Selvadorada Jungle. They can turn back to their regular Sims state after two days. Alternatively, skeleton life states also occur spontaneously in the said jungle.
Skeleton Life State Special Abilities:
- Do chores – Skeletons can do basic household chores, as well as take care of children.
- Tell skeleton jokes – They can crack up a sim using their humor.
8. Servo Life State
Well, this one’s mechanical! Servos are advanced robotic Sims designed to help with household chores and tasks. They are highly efficient but oftentimes, need repairs as well.
- Introduced in: The Sims 4: Discover University
- Appearance: They have a robotic appearance, with metal and mechanical parts.
How to Get Servo:
Sims who are delving into the Robotic Skill can build a Servo through a Robotics Workshop. Plenty of technical parts are needed to build Servo, so make sure your Sims have a complete arsenal.
Servo Life State Special Abilities:
- Gardening and Cleaning: Servos can clean the entire house or do gardening outside at once with their advanced modes.
- Nannying and Fixing: Servos can also do nanny duties and repair broken objects around the house.
9. PlantSim Life State
Plant Sims are Sims who have transformed into plant-like beings. They can photosynthesize and have a natural green thumb for gardening.
- Introduced in: The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff
- Appearance: They have a green, plant-like skin tone and may have leaves or petals as part of their appearance.
How to Become a PlantSim:
Purchase the ice cream maker from Buy Mode. If a Sim has a high level of cooking skill, they can create the “Plant Matter” ice cream. When they eat this, they will turn into a Plant Sim temporarily, returning back to their usual selves after a few days.
PlantSim Life State Special Abilities:
- Special Needs: Plant Sims can talk to plants for their social need, and recharge their hunger needs by absorbing the energy of other garden plants.
- Plant Life: Plant Sims can become happy by exposing themselves to the sunlight or being in the water.
10. Unicorn Life State
Unicorns are part of Other Life States because they differ from regular animals. They are special horses that have horns on their heads and have a distinct coat from that of regular horses.
- Introduced in: The Sims 4: Horse Ranch
- Appearance: They look like regular horses in the Sims 4, but they have special horns.
- Common Location: Barns and ranches
How to Have a Unicorn:
You can create Unicorns in CAS, by adding horns to your horses, and choosing from 12 special colors of coat for them!
Unicorn Life State Special Abilities:
- Horn Magic: The horns of Unicorns provide them with a special sparkle in their heads and bodies.
- Distinct Voice: Unicorn’s voices differ from horses, as theirs have a special echo.
Conclusion: Life States Make the Sims 4 More Fun!
Well, that’s all for the world of non-regular Sims! We hope you had a lot of thrill in reading about the diverse occult life states and their intriguing abilities. The Sims 4 truly has a lot of fantastical features to offer us Simmers, and we’re already wondering what new sorts of life states will be added to the game in the future. Happy simming, Simmers!