About School in Sims 4
Without a doubt, the school system in The Sims 4 is one of the most disappointing features of the game. It’s practically non-existent since our child and teen Sims simply “disappear” when they go to school, and we don’t see them a few hours later. And the gameplay really feels empty without school. As a solution, here I’ll tell you everything you need to know about the Go to School mod for The Sims 4!
Can you go to school with your Sims in Sims 4?
If you don’t use a mod, then no – you can’t go to school with your Sims in. There is a school system in the game, but you don’t follow your Sims to school. They simply disappear while they’re at school, so you can’t witness anything that happens there. But you can use the Go to School mod to fix this.
The biggest game-changer that this mod introduces is the fact that you’ll actually play with your Sims while they’re at school. You can watch them and control them as you would while they’re at home. Not to mention that actually going to school is a realistic feature that most simmers wanted for the game since day 1.
That said, let’s check out what the Go to School mod for Sims 4 is all about!
Go to School Mod for Sims 4: an Overview
The official name of the Go to School mod is The Sims 4 Go to School Mod Pack V4. It’s created by Zerbu, a mod creator that we often feature here on SnootySims. The Go to Shool mod dates back from 2017, and it’s one of the most popular mods for the game even today. I remember that everybody loved it when it first came out, and worth trying it out!
Here’s a list of the best features that this mod has to offer!
- Classrooms – work exactly like in the real world, which means your Sim can follow the class with other Sims.
- School Employes – like in every school, there is a Principal, Teachers, a Janitor, and a School Counselor.
- 5 Subjects – Personal Development, Problem Solving, Creative Arts, Health and Fitness, and Science and Technology. Each day offers a different subject.
- Favorite Subjects – your Sim can choose his/her favorite subjects in school and receive positive or negative moodlets while at school.
- 2 New Venues – there is an elementary school and a high school. You’ll need to place these buildings in your neighborhood because they’re essential for this mod to work. If you don’t use these venues, your Sim can’t go to school.
There are more awesome features in this mod, but I’d like you to explore them for yourself. In a nutshell, the Go to School mod is the complete school experience for Sims 4. It introduces everything you’d ever need in a school mod, so I recommend you try it.
How Do You Use the Go to School Mod?
You should use the Sims 4 Go to School mod as the best school tool for the game. The first thing you need to do is to download and install the actual mod. Second, you’ll need to place one of the two new avenues on a lot. And third, you’ll need to send your Sims to attend school!
As long as you follow this step, you’ll do fine. Feel free to explore the school building with your Sim since it’s massive and mysterious.
Keep in mind that the Sims 4 Go to School mod works for both elementary school and high school. So, no matter the age of your Sim, you can enjoy this awesome extension.
If you like this mod and want to try similar ones, I definitely suggest you check our list of the best school mods for Sims 4. You’ll find everything you need there!