Learn How to Utilize the Handiness Skill in The Sims 4!
The handiness skill in The Sims 4 is very convenient! It is the art of repairing objects around the house and crafting new usable items from base materials. Needless to say, this is one of the most fun skills to play within the game, and it deserves an in-depth guide! Here we will focus on providing you with the essential information on how to level it up and what to do with the handiness skill in The Sims 4.
Woodworking is a big part of this skill, and you’ll be wise to practice it as well. With woodworking, you can create many beautiful items that you use around the house later on. These may mostly be sculptures, but tables, instruments, bathroom objects are included as well. And if you like wood-themed homes, this will be the skill for you!
Also, know that you can use the max out skill cheat to instantly level up the handiness skill in The Sims 4. If you don’t like to bother with leveling up, the cheat can be an excellent way around all the extra work. But if you want to experience everything on your own, then this is what you need to know!
The Handiness Skill in The Sims 4
Leveling Up the Handiness Skill in The Sims 4
As mentioned above, the handiness skill in The Sims 4 focuses on repairing items and creating new objects. You can fix your broken TV or craft a stool for your home. As an important skill in the game, the handiness one has 10 levels to progress through. And to level it up, you’re going to need the Focused mood. This emotion will make the whole process more successful. And it will increase the chance of making an item of excellent quality.
A necessary part of leveling up the handiness skill is the Woordwarking Table. This is an item that you can purchase from the store for 1800 simoleons. In return, it lets you craft all the woodworking objects.
New to cheats in The Sims 4? Check out all the skill cheats for the game now!
Handiness Skill Levels
These are all the 10 levels of the handiness skill in The Sims 4!
- Level 1: Repair objects around the house.
- Level 2: find basic upgrades parts or talk about handiness.
- Level 3: Find rare upgrade parts and create multiple woodworking objects.
- Level 4: Advanced upgrade on plumbing and create woodworking tables.
- Level 5: Basic upgrade on the kitchen, brag about handiness, and create woodworking sculptures.
- Level 6: Create woodworking tables and chairs.
- Level 7: Advanced upgrade on the kitchen.
- Level 8: Basic upgrade on electronics and create woodworking instruments.
- Level 9: Advanced upgrade on electronics and create woodworking tubs.
- Level 10: Create woodworking toilets and mentor other Sims.
As a central part of the handiness skill in The Sims 4, upgrading objects comes in great complexity. At its core, it makes your ordinary stuff around the house more useful. For example, if you upgrade your toilet, then you’ll lower the chance of that toilet breaking again in the future. On the other hand, if you upgrade your gaming console, then that gaming console will have the chance to control the display of nearby video screens.
As you can see, some upgrades are simple, and some are more detailed. You unlock them with each level of the handiness skill. And by now, there are tons of upgrade options that are added with each additional pack of The Sims 4. The upgrades are advantageous, so we recommend you completing as much of them as possible.
Do you know that you can manually set the level of any skill? Learn how to do it now!
Woodworking is the second-most important part of the handiness skill in The Sims 4. It lets you create beautiful items that you can either use directly or as decorations. Here is a list of some woodworking possibilities in the game for how many simoleons you can sell them later on!
- Level 1: Horse Sculpture – 40 simoleons.
- Level 1: Knife Block – 20 simoleons.
- Level 2: Barstool – 25 simoleons.
- Level 2: Angry Sculpture – 30 simoleons.
- Level 2: Flirty Sculpture – 30 simoleons.
- Level 2: Sad Sculpture – 30 simoleons.
- Level 2: Playful Sculpture – 30 simoleons.
- Level 3: Bunny Sculpture – 40 simoleons.
- Level 3: Dragon Sculpture – 40 simoleons.
- Level 3: Elephant Sculpture – 40 simoleons.
- Level 4: End Table – 210 simoleons.
- Level 5: Large Bear Sculpture – 60 simoleons.
- Level 5: Large Lumberjack Sculpture – 60 simoleons.
- Level 6: Dining Chair- 180 simoleons.
- Level 6: Dining Table – 630 simoleons.
- Level 8: Guitar – 1200 simoleons.
- Level 8: Violin – 200 simoleons.
- Level 8: Child’s Violin – 45 simoleons.
- Level 9: Bathtub – 1500 simoleons.
- Level 10: Toilet – 220 simoleons.
Do you want to know how to increase your cooking skills? Check this guide!
As you can see, the handiness skill in The Sims 4 can be both fun and profitable. Know that in the case of woodworking, additional expansion packs let you create more objects. These can include mirrors, shelves, decorations, and more sculptures. And as for the handiness skill itself, the upgrades should be your goals at all times.
For more help, please visit our cheat page, where you can find many guides for The Sims 4! Happy Simming!