Sims 4 frogs are one of the small animals you can collect, breed, or sell. If you spend a few game hours catching them, you’ll be able to earn some money, especially if you catch rarer frogs. Not only that, but you can make money by breeding them. So, are you interested in knowing how to collect and breed frogs? If yes, continue reading.
Frogs are one of a few small pets in the Sims 4. Learn more about Pets in the Sims 4 here.
Where to find Sims 4 frogs?
Not all Sims worlds are equally rich in collectibles, the same applies to finding frogs. For instance, in Willow Creek, and especially in the Sylvan Glade secret lot, you’ll be able to find a good majority of frogs than in San Myshuno, per see, which is quite an urban area. Secret lots are generally richer in frog species than the worlds they are a part of, especially rare frogs. They can be found in logs, although that might not be your best bet.
The best places to collect them are in urban cities such as San Mishuno parks, city lakes, beaches, and small ponds. In worlds that are rich in greenery, such as Granite Falls, you’ll find it slightly easier to catch new variations of frogs. Commonly, you will find sims 4 frogs in all the ponds, and every pond has different frogs. Be wary that catching them isn’t a guarantee that you’ll have them in your collection, as they might slip away from your Sims’ hands.
How to breed frogs?
In case you miss any type then you can breed them to complete your collection and make new types. The Sims 4 breeding frogs rules are simple. They can be either common, uncommon, or rare, and this will dictate their value if you decide to sell them. There are a total of 25 frog types you can collect and use for breeding. There are two variables or two types of gene characteristics that play a role when breeding. In other words, every frog species belongs to two breed groups.
- The first variable or a type of frog – eggplant, leaf, dirt, sunflower, and heart.
- The second variable is an attribute of frog – plain, striped, spotted, whirl, and surf.
Frogs are among a few other collectibles you can find in the game. Learn more about collecting and collectibles here!
Mixing sims 4 frogs genes
Mixing one from the first group of variables with one from the second will help you get a new frog breed. For instance, you can mix a frog that belongs to a sunflower group and a plain group, with a frog that belongs to the leaf and whirl group. Since each frog has two variables, so you have a 25% chance of getting the desired frog after combining them. For instance, if you mix a frog that has a spotted attribute with an eggplant type of frog, you can get a Spotted Eggplant frog.
To breed, you’ll need to have two of those little guys in your Sim’s inventory. Click on one frog you’d like to use for breeding and select ”Breed”, you’ll get to choose their breeding partner. This will create a new frog in your collection. The game will automatically notify you about its breed.
- Striped Leaf Frog: It has the highest level of camouflage because it eats leaf insects. You’ll be able to earn $10 by selling it, and its breed groups are leaf and striped.
- Striped Dirt Frog: It is at the top of the dirt frog hierarchy, and its breed groups are dirt and striped. If you sell it, expect to earn $30.
- Leaf Frog: This frog can camouflage itself in a green environment. Its breed groups are leaf and plain, and it can be sold for $10.
- Dirt Frog: Its color is pure brown, and breed groups are dirt and plain. You’ll be able to get $10 by selling it.
- Heart Frog: Its colors are stunning, and its breed groups are heart and plain. Its value is $10.
- Spotted Leaf Frog: Its breed groups are leaf and spotted. This one has cute green freckles and can be sold for $10.
- Spotted Dirt Frog: It is mud-colored with excellent camouflage and the ability to turn into chocolate brown. Its breed groups are dirt and spotted, and it can be sold for $30.
- Eggplant Frog: Its breed groups are eggplant and plain, and its value is $10.
Learn all you need to know about common frogs on this page.
Uncommon sims 4 frogs
- Surfer Leaf Frog: It is of green colors, and its breed groups are leaf and surf. It is worth $10 if sold.
- Leopard Frog: Its breed groups are sunflower and spotted, and the price is $100.
- Tiger Frog: Its breed groups are sunflower and stripe, and the value if sold is $35.
- Striped Eggplant Frog: It is prone to violence, and its breed groups are eggplant and stripe. Its value is $10.
- Striped Heart Frog: Known as the barber’s pet its breed groups are heart and striped. The value of this frog is $10.
- Dirtsurfer Frog: This is a frog you’d like to have in your sims 4 frogs collection. Its value is decent, $100, and its breed groups are dirt and surf.
- Dirtwhirl Frog: Its breed groups are Dirt and Whirl, and they can be sold for $120.
- Spotted Eggplant Frog: Its breed groups are eggplant and spotted, and its value is $10.
- Spotted Heart Frog: It has red-dot-like pimples. Its breed groups are the heart and spotted, and it can be sold for $30.
- Sunflower Frog: It is of golden color and its breed groups are sunflower and plain. You’ll be able to get $30 for it.
- Hypno Frog: Its breed groups are leaf and whirl and you can sell it for $25.
- Sunsurfer Frog: This frog is yellow and can be sold for $125. Its breed groups are sunflower and surf.
- Eggplant Whirl Frog: These are fickle sims 4 frogs, and their breed groups are eggplant and whirl. The value for one is $100.
- Bullseye Frog: This has a slight resemblance with the bull’s eye and its breed groups are heart and whirl. You’ll be able to get $100 for it.
- Whirlyflower Frog: Known as daisy frog. Its breed groups are sunflower and whirl, and its value is $160.
- Heartsurfer Frog: It is red and its breed groups are heart and surf. However, although a rare one, you can get only $25 if you sell it.
- Surfer Eggplant Frog: Its breed groups are eggplants and surf. Its value is $30.
Looking for reliable Sims 4 cheats source? Check out the ultimate guide to Sims 4 cheats here!