Let’s face it, a lot of things in The Sims 4 are time-restricted. There are tons of interactions that your Sim can only access if she is old enough to do them. And that’s all well for regular gameplay, but what if you don’t want to wait so long? Well, you don’t have to delay yourself until your Sims reach the required age! Instead, you can use the Sims 4 Age Up Cheat. Keep reading to learn all about it!
What Does The Sims 4 Age Up Cheat Offer?
The Sims 4 gives players several options for controlling the passage of time via the “Lifespan” setting, but for some players that might not be enough. While aging up a playable sim is a fairly simple task with the help of a bassinet or birthday cake, aging up non-playable sims, or aging sims down, can be a little trickier. Luckily, the Age Up Cheat is a powerful tool that gives you the freedom to modify your sim any way you want to, including changing their age.
The Age Up Cheat is totally legal to use, and you won’t get in any trouble when trying it out. Also, you don’t have to download any excessive programs or mods to make it work. It’s sort of plug-and-play!
Activating The Age Up Cheat
Open up the Cheat Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C on PC or by holding down all four shoulder buttons on your gaming console controller. Enter the cheat “testingcheats on” and hit Enter; if you do it correctly you should see a message saying “Cheats are enabled.”
Next, enter the cheat “cas.fulleditmode” and hit Enter again (you will not get a notification when you activate this cheat). Close the cheat console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C or your controller’s shoulder buttons again.
Now, open your sim in CAS by doing one of the following:
- Click “Enter Create A Sim” in the Likes and Dislikes section of your sim’s Simology panel
- Choose the Edit option from the Manage Households tab
- Hold down Shift + Click on your sim and then select “Modify in CAS” which will immediately open the CAS screen.
If you’ve entered the Age Up Cheat correctly you will see that all CAS options are available to edit, including the sim’s age. Simply choose the age you want your sim to be and hit Play!
As a bonus you can use the same Shift + Click method to edit NPCs, Townies, and unplayed households in your game.
Once you’re satisfied with your changes, be sure to open the Cheat Console and enter “testingcheats off” to deactivate.
Precautions – 4 Things to Consider
There are a few things you should keep in mind before attempting to use the Age Up Cheat.
- It’s always smart to save your game before you activate testingcheats and don’t forget that if things go wrong, you can exit the game without saving and undo everything. Never save your game until you’ve finished using cheats and verified that everything is working correctly.
- If you try this method on a sim from a household you’ve previously played with, the game will switch to that household once you exit CAS. You can avoid this by editing the sim from the Manage Households tab.
- Toddlers, children, and teens have different aspiration options from adult sims so if you are changing their age don’t forget to update their aspirations and traits.
- Changing the age of NPCs with jobs may cause issues with their positions, so it is advised you avoid changing the ages of specialized NPCs such as the vendors from Cottage Living or the sages from Realm of Magic if you don’t want them replaced by the game.
The Sims 4 gives players a lot of control over how their Sims live, although it’s not always obvious how much control we really have. The Age Up Cheat is the best way to set all the aging problems right. If you’re like us and you’re aiming at the perfect simming experience, then this cheat is a necessary tool to possess. It is a simple and easy solution that saves up a lot of time!
Get a List of the 100 Best Sims 4 Mods
list of the 100 Best Sims 4 Mods!