What is The Sims 4 Laundry Day, and how do Sims exactly do laundry in The Sims 4? We’ll answer that and give you helpful some tips in this awesome article!
Learn Everything There is to Know About Laundry Day in The Sims 4!
The Sims 4: Laundry Day was a stuff pack launched in January 2018, which reintroduces the concept of doing laundry in The Sims 4. Our Sims first became familiar with the laundry system in The Sims 3: Ambitions, allowing them to wash and dry their clothes until they become spotless. The addition of the Laundy Day stuff pack adds a realistic note to the game, letting our Sims accomplish the said household chore either through washing and drying machines or via the traditional way of handwashing. Below, we’ll let you in on some guidelines on how you can wash and dry your clothes in The Sims 4.
The Sims 4 Laundry Day: An Overview
Laundry Day System
The laundry system in The Sims 4 is pretty straightforward. If your Sims have laundry-related stuff or their lot, they will automatically leave a pile of dirty clothes each time they take a bath or change their outfit. If there’s a hamper around, these clothes will pile up inside the hamper. Your Sims can then wash these piles of clothes and then later dry them, depending on the available objects. Alternatively, they can also put the dirty laundry in their inventory, and take this pile to community lots to wash them. In rental houses, like in Granite Falls or Selvadorada, the laundry system does not work.
New Build Mode and Clothing Items
The Sims 4 Laundry Day also introduces all-new items, such as chairs, tables, drawers, doors, and wall decorations. There are a couple of hampers, as well as towels and baskets full of washing supplies. Nearly all of these items are rustic-themed. They come in light wood and are often painted in sky-blue and orange colors. They fit perfectly in a country-themed house with a large yard, especially the ones in Henford-on-Bagley. Through the said pack, there are also new clothes available for all genders and ages.
More on SNOOTYSIMS: Introduce more lifelike aspects in your Sims 4 gameplay by incorporating four objects from the Home and Land Co. Mod!
When it comes to washing clothes through Laundry Day, your Sims have two options: the washing machine or the washtub. First, they must grab the pile of dirty clothes from the floor or the hamper by selecting the “Do Laundry” interaction. Next, they can then use either a washing machine or the wash tub to clean the clothes.
- Using The Washing Machine
The washing machine is the more modern choice when it comes to washing clothes. It is also faster and should be your Sim’s choice if they want to do indoor washing. In this process, Sims will load the drum with clothes and start the cycle. They can do other things while waiting for the wash to finish.
- Using The Wash Tub
Choosing the washtub, on the other hand, engages your Sim in physical activity, as it will require them to manually handwash the clothes. Thus, they can develop fitness skills! With this method, you will witness your Sims vigorously washing each piece of clothing in soapy water to rub off the dirt. They can mop the puddle they have created after washing the clothes, as well as replace the water they have used.
Whenever the washing is done, you can click on either the dryer or the clothesline to begin drying your clothes.
- Using the Dryer
Drying clothes with the Dryer is a much faster process. After the clothes have been washed, simply click on the “Move Laundry to Dryer” interaction. However, please be careful when drying the clothes with the machine. Yup! Sims should perform the Clean Lint Trap whenever each drying process is finished. If they often forget this task, there is a very high chance of starting a fire with the dryer.
- Using the Clothesline
If you want your Sims to save some electricity, they can use the clothesline to dry their apparel. Just click on the “Hang Clothes on Clothesline” option when the clothes have been washed. Using the clothesline takes up to 12 hours of a Sim’s day to fully dry clothes. But beware of rainy weather! If rain occurs, the drying time will restart.
Putting Clothes Away
After completing the washing and drying processes, your Sims can now put away their fresh apparel in their dressers or closets. Just click on the dryer or clothesline and select the “Put Away Clothes” interaction. Remember that much like real life, after a few days of bathing, showering, and changing outfits, the whole laundry process will need to be done again.
Getting Laundry-Related Moodlets
The best thing about doing laundry in The Sims 4 is that it gives your Sims special moodlets. When they wash their clothes and complete the drying process, they will get a +2 fine moodlet. If the drying had not been completed and Sims got to wear damp clothes, they would instead get a +2 sad moodlet. If the clothes are not just dry to the touch but also comfortably warm, they will get +2 playful moodlet. However, if your Sims don’t do the laundry, they will get uncomfortable as it means they are wearing dirty clothes.
Upgrading The Machines
The washing machine and the dryer can be upgraded if your Sims have handiness skills and upgrade parts in their inventory. To purchase upgrade parts, simply let Sims order them through the computer. Here are the upgrades available for the laundry machines:
- Iron Line – If you want your clothesline to have an iron line, your Sims can upgrade it with level 3 handiness skill.
- Lint-Less – With this upgrade, the dryer will no longer get any lint. Sims can get this upgrade at level 5 handiness skill.
- Presoak – This lets your Sims add the presoak upgrade for washing machines at level 5 handiness skill.
- Whisper Quiet – Both washing machines and dryers can get this upgrade using the level 6 handiness skill. With this, the machines will run with less noise.
- Speed Cycle – Upgrading the washing machines and dryers at level 7 handiness skill cuts the time needed to wash and dry clothes.
- Tungsten Drum – Sims can also upgrade the washing machine to have a Tungsten Drum at level 8 handiness skill, preventing it from breaking down.
- Laundry Additive Tray – Sims can also add this tray upgrade to the washer, which can let them add different additives! They can place flowers, food, or extra soap. Adding any food, like cheese, will result in soiled laundry. On the other hand, adding extra soap will result in a puddle of mess. Sims can automatically add laundry additives when using the wash tub.
Other Laundry-Related Stuff to Know
Here are other helpful information when it comes to doing laundry in The Sims 4:
- Helpful Trait for Laundry Work – If you want Sims to do the laundry autonomously, let them have the Neat trait. Neat Sims will not only do the chore automatically, but they will also enjoy it.
- Autonomous Laundry – There are other Sims who would also autonomously do the laundry. Maids, skeletal assistants (from Jungle Adventure), and butlers (from Vintage Glamour Stuff) would do the chore without being told.
- Off-the-Grid Laundry – Remember that if your Sims are living off-the-grid, they cannot use the washing and drying machines. They must instead do the laundry the traditional way.
- Cleanliness and Dryness Levels – Sims can check the status of their clothes by clicking on the washed items. They can check for Cleanliness (Pristine, Used, etc) and Dryness (Soaked, Damp, Dry & Warm, etc.)
- Pocket Search – Before doing the laundry, Sims can search the pockets for some loose change, or forgotten items.
The Sims 4: Laundry Day is one of the most adorable additions to The Sims 4 because it mimics the real world, and allows us to see our lives in our Sims. With this helpful information and tips that we have provided for you, we hope that your Sims will always have clean and fresh clothes in The Sims 4! Happy Simming, Simmers, and don’t forget to leave us a comment and visit our social media sites below.