Welcome to Our Guide on Herbalism in The Sims 4!
Herbalism is a skill that came with The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat game pack. And it isn’t the hardest of skills to level up! However, there are a couple of things you want to consider, so we’ll explain everything in this post.
The primary benefits of playing with the Herbalism skill in The Sims 4 are the powerful potions. These can grant many positive moodlets and remove negative ones as well. There are also some potions that are useful all around, so choosing Herbalism is a great choice for any Sim. And if you’re enjoying the fantasy of gathering herbs and brewing your own drinks, then let’s learn how to make the best of it!
Do you want to instantly become an expert chef? Learn all the cooking cheats here!
The Herbalism Skill in The Sims 4
There are primarily three ways of leveling up your Herbalism skill in The Sims 4: Brewing Potions, Identifying Plants and Reading a Book about Herbalism.
Now, remember that brewing potions will give you the most amount of experience in this skill. However, identifying plants comes close, although you shouldn’t depend on it to carry you alone. And lastly, reading a book about herbalism is a nice bonus, especially if you can get more than one book.
To create any potion in Herbalism, you’re going to need herbs. Some of them will be easier to find than others, but they can all be acquired in a relatively short amount of time. Here are all herbs for the Herbalism skill in The Sims 4!
If you want the full set of toddler cheats for The Sims 4, check out our complete guide for that!
- Chamomile – Found in Granite Falls National Park. Eating gives +1-3 4 hour Happy Moodlet.
- Toxic Chamomile – Found in Granite Falls National Park. Eating gives +2 Tense Moodlet for 2h.
- Elderberry – Found in Granite Falls National Park. Eating gives +1-3 4 hour Happy Moodlet.
- Noxious Elderberry – Found in Granite Falls National Park. Eating gives +2 Sad Moodlet for 2h.
- Huckleberry – Found in Granite Falls National Park. Eating gives +1-3 4 hour Happy Moodlet.
- Muckleberry – Found in Granite Falls National Park. Eating gives +2 Dazed Moodlet for 2h. Dazed Sims are better targets for Romance.
- Fireleaf – Found in Granite Falls National Park. Eating gives +1-3 4 hour Happy Moodlet.
- Poison Fireleaf – Found in Granite Falls National Park. Eating gives +2 Angry Moodlet for 2h.
- Morel Mushroom – Morels are sometimes found in the Hidden Area of Granite Falls. Eating gives +1-3 4 hour Happy Moodlet.
- False Morel Mushroom – Found in Granite Falls National Park. Eating gives +2 Uncomfortable Moodlet for 2h.
Understandably, a different mixture of herbs will result in a different potion. There are a couple of tricky potions, though most of them are fairly easy to make. Here is a list of all Herbalism recipes in The Sims 4, their effects, and their required ingredients.
- Inscent Repellent Liniment – Prevents Insect Bites while in the Wilderness, which can happen when collecting them. Requires 2 Noxious Elderberry, 2 Basil.
- Sadness Alleviation Lotion – Eliminates any Sadness Moodlets. Requires 2 Elderberry, 1 Firefly.
- Fungal Infusion Fertilizer Recipe – Learn from Friendship with Hermit. See below. Likely the best Fertilizer in-game – it should last a long time but will require further testing. Use it to help Evolve Plants. Requires 3 Morel Mushroom, 2 False Morel, 1 Blackberry, 1 Dust Spirit.
- Deodorizing Cream – Replenishes the Sim’s Hygiene Need. Higher Quality seems to do more. Requires 1 Elderberry, 1 Strawberry, 2 Parsley.
- Soothing Skin Balm – Heals or reduces the duration of any insect bites and possibly burns. Requires 2 Chamomile, 2 Basil, 1 Locust.
- De-Stressing Decoction – Eliminates Stress Moodlets. Requires 2 Chamomile, 2 Muckleberry, 1 Walking Stick.
- Tummy Therapy – Alleviates Nausea-type Moodlets and other stomach-related ailments. Requires 2 Huckleberry, 2 Sage, 1 Termite.
- Clear Mind Distillation – Gives Sim a +2 Focused Moodlet for 4 hours. Requires 2 Toxic Chamomile, 2 Huckleberry, 2 Parsley.
- Fireleaf Extract – Makes Sims extremely uncomfortable giving Unrelenting Itch for 8h and an upset stomach. Requires 2 Poison Fireleaf, 2 Morel Mushroom, 1 Fire Ant.
- Natural Herbicide Oil – Can only be used on a plant when the ‘Weed’ option is available. Pouring this oil will remove the weeds and stop them from growing for a time. Requires 2 Toxic Chamomile, 3 Fireleaf, 1 Stink Bug.
- Energizer Infusion – Gives a +2 Energized Moodlet for 4 hours. Requires 3 Muckleberry, 2 Poison Fireleaf, 1 Dragonfly.
- Rage Relieving Salve – Eliminates any Anger-producing Moodlets. Requires 3 Noxious Elderberry, 2 Fireleaf, 1 Tomato, 1 Rainbow Firefly.
- Elixir of Fertility – Increases the likelihood of Twins and Triplets. Requires 4 False Morel, 2 Sage, 1 Bee, 1 Will-o-the-Wisp.
It shouldn’t be too long before you level up the Herbalism skill in The Sims 4. Almost every level gives you something useful, but the Elixir of Fertility at level 10 is the ultimate price. If you ever wanted your Sim to have twins without using cheat, then this is the way to do it. Of course, you can always use these twins cheats if you don’t want to.
Also, if get tired of leveling up Herbalism, then check this skill points cheat. It grants an instant level 10 and quick access to all the recipes!