Table of contents
If you’re one of those people who have been searching for “simulation lag fix Sims 4” and similar phrases in various search machines, Reddit, YouTube, and more, then do believe us that you’re not alone! This problem is quite common in the game, and many players are looking for the best way to solve their issue.
That’s why, this guide will go through the main ways on how to fix the simulation lag in The Sims 4 game and how you can do that in the easiest and the fastest way with a fixing mod!
Take a look below:
What Problems Will This Fix?
Well, if you have noticed either of these issues:
- Bobbing of your Sim’s head
- Noticing time slowing down on speed 3
- Enjoying leisure time for a few hours
- Time goes back to the past with no explanation
Then you will be delighted to know that you can solve all of this with a simple mod.
Try The Simulation Unclogger
Let’s get to the details. To work through The Sims 4 simulation lag, you’ll need to use the Simulation Unclogger. In the most basic way, it’s a script that can tell apart the simulation lag whenever you have the game on. This lagging can even fully prevent you from being able to play the game through the game crashing, but the Unclogger will help to fix the lag.
This mod could be of great help if your game has a tendency of freezing at the most random times!
Do keep in mind that this mod is a TS4SCRIPT. Meaning, you can either have it in the Mods folder.
There should not be any issues with this mod. Yet, if something is not working and if your game fails to load, just remove it from your computer.
Updating Your Mod
If you’d notice that you don’t have the latest version of the needed The Sims 4 simulation fix mod, here’s what you can do:
- Delete the files.
- Clear your game cache fully.
- Open your game without the mod installed.
- Save your game.
- Install the new version of the needed mod.
Once you follow these simple steps, you will be all set and ready to go!
Fixing The Simulation Lag
If you’d ever need additional help with your lagging fix in the Sims 4, here are a few steps you can take to aid the whole thing:
- De-select the online features and share user data options.
- Open Origin. Once you do that, select game properties and adjust the ‘when launching this game’ option to 32-bit.
- Ensure that you have installed the most updated graphics driver.
- Don’t forget to turn off the in-game chat.
- Also, simply delete your origin cache.
If you have been wondering how to fix the simulation lag in The Sims 4, now you’re ready to do that! It’s time to take matters into your hands and ensure that the game runs smoothly. Of course, let’s hope it won’t get to that, but you can never know!
If you’re looking for more great mods, take a look at our collection!