Are you interested in letting your Sims become the ultimate face that graces all the city billboards and top magazines? Or are you keen on having them strut the runway as they become the most in-demand high fashion model? Whichever you choose, this guide is for you. Read on, because we compiled everything you need to know about the Model Career mod in The Sims 4!
Just in case you were interested in other Sims 4 careers, these guides have got you covered!
The Model Career Mod in The Sims 4
We have written about the best career and job mods for The Sims 4 in a recent article we released, but today we are zooming in on all the details about The Sims 4 Model Career mod. This interesting little tweak by Kiarasims4mods allows your Sims to become a famous icon or trendsetter in the game by climbing up the ranks in the modeling industry. Take note that for this mod to work, you need to have the City Living and Get Famous expansion packs installed.
Starting the Model Career
Sims can easily sign up for the Model Career through their phones. Just click on the phone and go to the business menu. Then select “Find a Job”. In the career selection, scroll until you find the “Model” job. Click the check icon to accept the job.
- Promotional Model – This is the first rank in the model career. Your Sim gets to start as a Promotional Model, working 5 days a week for 20 simoleons per hour. To enhance work opportunities, the job encourages Sims to work on their Charisma and Fitness skills.
- Body Parts Model – Your Sim can then be promoted to become a Body Parts Model. This will pay them an extra 10 simoleons per hour, letting them earn a total of 30 simoleons per hour.
- Advertisement Model – Next in the job ranks is the Advertisement Model. Once your Sim gets promoted to this position, they can earn a total of 50 simoleons per hour.
Selecting a Model Career Track
After successfully becoming an Advertisement Model, the next time that your Sims get promoted, they would have to choose a model career branch for themselves, which would then determine the path of their whole modeling career. Your Sims have two options. They could choose the Commercial Track or the High Fashion Track. These two Model Career tracks have different sets of jobs. Read on below to know more.
Commercial Model Career Track
In the Commercial Model Career track, your Sims get to model for all sorts of products and brands through various media platforms—television channels, newspapers, magazines, billboards, and the like. With room for more self-expression and by reaching a broader audience, Sims could be seen everywhere and by everyone through this track.
- Magazine Model – The Magazine Model is the first job in the Commercial Model track. Your sim will be paid 50 simoleons per hour in this position, wherein they would be doing shoots for magazine spreads.
- Catalog Model – The second rank in this track is the Catalog Model. Your sim will be paid 70 simoleons per hour in this position, wherein, just like as a Magazine Model, your Sim will have to pose for products and brands for catalogs.
- Social Media Model – For the third position in the Commercial Model track, your Sim will become a Social Media model, wherein they would be doing shoots that will appear in select Social Media platforms. Your sim will then be paid 80 simoleons per hour in this job. To be promoted to the next position, they would have to have 5,000 Social Media followers and attain the Proper Celebrity rank.
- Fitness Model – We then have the Fitness Model as the fourth job in this track, wherein your Sims will become the face for many sports products and advertisements. They would then be paid 100 simoleons per hour in this position.
- Television Model – For the fifth rank in the Commercial Model track, your sim will become a television model and be paid 120 simoleons per hour. Your Sims need to reach Charisma level 9 for this position.
- Billboard Model – The sixth position in this track is the Billboard Model. For your Sims to become promoted further on, they would have to reach the Global Superstar level in fame, and max out their Charisma and Fitness skills. They will then be paid 135 simoleons per hour as a Billboard Model.
- Global Supermodel – Finally, the highest rank in the Commercial Model track is the Global Supermodel! Reaching this top rank would let your sims receive a 50,000 simoleon bonus. In addition, they would now be paid a whopping 200 simoleons per hour. To further earn a raise, your Sim would have to have 1,000,000 followers.
High Fashion Model Career Track
If your Sims do not prefer the life of a Commercial Model, they could then enlist in the High Fashion Model Career track, wherein they get to represent specific brands and top-notch names in the fashion industry, clad themselves in the most updated fashion trends, and walk the runway. This track lets your Sims exclusively focus on appearing for fashion magazines and catwalk events.
- Swimsuit Model – The Swimsuit Model is the first job in the High Fashion Model track. Your sim will be paid 50 simoleons per hour in this position, wherein they get to wear revealing swimming apparel. To get promoted, they would have to create a Social Media profile and reach Level 7 in Fitness.
- Lingerie Model – For the second rank in this track, we have the Lingerie Model. Much like the first one, this job will let your Sims wear sexy pieces for magazine shoots. Your Sim will then be paid 70 simoleons per hour. They would then have to attain the B-Lister celebrity rank to be promoted further.
- Runway Model – The third position in the High Fashion Model track is the Runway Model. Your sim will be paid 80 simoleons per hour in this position., wherein they start to strut themselves on the catwalk. For promotion, they would have to reach level 7 in their Charisma skill.
- Glamour Model – We then have the Glamour Model as the fourth job in the High Fashion Model track. Your sim will be paid 100 simoleons per hour in this position, plus, they’ll receive 10,000 simoleons as a bonus. They would then need to have 5,000 followers and record beauty videos to climb up higher in the ranks.
- Fit Model – For the fifth rank in this track, we have the Fit Model. Your sim will be paid 120 simoleons per hour in this position. For them to be promoted, they would have to reach level 9 in the Fitness skill.
- Editorial Model – The Editorial Model is in the sixth position in the High Fashion Model track, wherein your Sim will be paid 135 simoleons per hour. To further get to the top, your Sims would have to max out their Charisma and Fitness skill levels and create videos about fashion tips.
- High Fashion Model – Lastly, the top rank in this track is the High Fashion Model. Like the Global Supermodel job, your sim will be paid 200 simoleons per hour in this position and receive a 50,000 simoleon bonus. They could also still receive a raise after this! All they have to do is to gain a total of 1,000,000 followers.
Working From Home as a Model
As your Sims work their way to becoming the ultimate model, they would sometimes get assigned tasks that they need to perform at home. Doing these assignments could highly improve their work performance and raise their chances for a promotion. Several of these tasks, and how to complete them, are as follows:
- Sell Photos to Publication – Using your Sim’s phone, open the camera, and take lots of selfies. Then, go to the inventory and sell these photos for publication.
- Sign Autographs For Fans – Go to a public location in town. If you see a fan, go and sign some autographs for them.
- Throw a Fan Meet & Greet – Using your sim’s phone, throw a Fan Meet and Greet event. Make sure that your fans have a great time!
- Pose for Pictures – This is quite a simple task. Your sim just have to pose for pictures when there are paparazzi around.
- Record video on Modeling – Get the Video Station from Build Mode and then record a video on modeling.
- Record a video on Beauty Tips – Using the Video Station that you bought from Build Mode, record a video on beauty tips.
- Perform a Workout – Choose your sim’s favorite workout equipment and start doing those reps. Alternatively, let them visit a nearby gym to get their fitness check.
How to Download and Install The Model Career Mod
To install the Model Career mod, simply visit this page in Kiarasims4mods and scroll below to find the download link. Clicking this link will start the download process. Once it is finished, you will get a single PACKAGE file. Copy this PACKAGE file into your mods folder. Usually, the mods folder can be found through this path: Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods. After making sure you have copied the file in the folder, launch The Sims 4. In the game settings, make sure that custom content and mods are enabled in the game.
Read our full guide on properly installing mods for The Sims 4.
Wrapping It Up
The Model Career Mod is a fantastic addition to the game, as it gives us a new career system to play with and try for our Sims. The mod perfectly blends with the Celebrity Rank System of The Sims 4: Get Famous, so we players are provided with a realistic modeling job experience in the game. If you haven’t tried this career mod yet, go and download it now, and we hope that this guide could be helpful as your Sims navigate their way into the modeling industry. Happy playing, Simmers!