Have you wanted to get your sim into the Military Career in TS4, but you are unsure of how to go about it? Well, our guide on everything to know about the Military Career in TS4 is perfect for you then.
Is there a Military Career in the Sims 4?
The Sims Military career is something that has been a part of the Sims series since the first game. It continued to make appearances in The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Console game, The Sims 3, and finally The Sims 4. It did not get added into TS4 until The Sims 4: StrangerVille DLC. If you don’t have it, then you need to purchase it otherwise you won’t be able to have your sim join this career. Unless you use a mod, of course.
To purchase the Strangerville game pack, click here.
Basic Skill Requirements for Military Career in TS4
So once you have the Strangerville DLC or if you already have it, the next thing you have to think about is making sure your sim has the proper skill set to be able to join the Military Career in TS4. There are certain skills you need for the base career, the covert operator branch, and the officer branch. It just depends on which one you plan to go into too.
- Fitness: The fitness skill should be a given and expected since you want your sim to go into the military. This is needed for the base career from level 1 all the way to level 5. At the 5th level of the base career, a sims fitness level must be 6 or higher.
- Logic: A sim only needs logic skills if they plan to go into the covert operator branch. This basically means you are a spy so this should not be surprising. In order to reach the end of this branch, a sim is going to need to max out its logic skill at level 10. How else can you be an effective spy?
- Charisma: The charisma skill is needed if your sim is going into the Officer branch. If you do not max out your sims charisma skill to level 10 by the time you reach level 9 of this career branch, then do not count on a promotion.
Hey, we all have to start somewhere and your sim is no different. The first 5 levels of the Military career in the Sims 4 are the same no matter what branch your sim decides to ultimately go into.
Military Career Levels:
- Level 1: The Raw Recruit requires a fitness skill of level 2. It will have your sim working early in the morning, five days a week. Basically, your sim is a grunt. Better listen to your commanding officer!
- Level 2: Private Fourth Class means you are working your way up, but still need to answer to officers above you. In order to reach a promotion, level 3 of fitness is required.
- Level 3: Lacking Corporal sounds pretty good. A corporal is a step above a private. To get to the next level, level 4 of fitness is needed.
- Level 4: Sergeant Minor reporting for duty! Finally, you are getting somewhere and can order those grunts around! My how things have changed. Want a promotion? Level 4 of fitness is needed.
- Level 5: Warrant officer is the last level of the base career. If you want to be able to move on to one of the two branches available, level 6 of fitness is needed.
Covert Operator Branch
One of the branches your sim can join is the Covert Operator Branch. Think James Bond but with a buzz cut and wearing military fatigues.
- Level 6: Evidence Eraser is pretty self-explanatory. Makes sure nothing gets out into the public. Do you want mass panic? To get to the next level, logic has to be level 4.
- Level 7: Conspiracy Squelcher sounds kind of messy so if you are eager to get this level over with, you need to get your logic up to level 6.
- Level 8: Cladenstine Investigator sounds a little more appealing than the last level. Want to keep moving on? Well, logic better is up to level 8.
- Level 9: [Redacted] is the next level. No, we did not redact it. It is literally redacted. It is so top secret, that not even you, the player, can know what your sim is doing. To get to the final level, the logic skill has to be maxed out.
- Level 10: Sim-in-Black is level 10 of this branch. Sadly it does not come with one of those fancy devices that erases memory like in the movie Men-in-Black. Or does it? I really can’t remember.
The other branch your sim can go into is the Officer Branch where you truly do become one with the military.
Officer Branch levels
- Level 6: Fourth Lieutenant is the start of this career branch. You still have a degree of respect even if you do have to answer to people. To get a promotion, charisma has to be level 5.
- Level 7: Courageous Captain means you have finally made the rank of captain! To get to the next, your charisma has to be level 6.
- Level 8: Lieutenant Colonel has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it? At this level, you are commanding even more respect than ever. Want more respect? Well, your charisma needs to be at level 8.
- Level 9: Brigadier: Brigadier which is not easy to spell or say to be honest, but it sounds fancy. If you want to reach the last rank, make sure your charisma is maxed out at level 10.
- Level 10: Grand Marshal is the top level of this branch. You have finally made it and become the highest-ranking official in the military. When you walk through a door, respect is instantaneous from people.
And there we have it all your sims lovers out there. This is everything you need to know about the Military Career in TS4. Remember, you can’t get your sim into this career unless you have the Strangerville DLC so make sure you do have it.
We salute your dedication.