Have you ever tried Trendi, the convenient app in The Sims 4 that allows your Sims to buy and sell the latest fashion looks? In this article, we’ve covered everything you need to know to utilize this cool, and nifty app! Read on!
All About the Trendi App In The Sims 4
Trendi is a new in-game app that made its debut with the launch of The Sims 4: High School Years in July 2022. The app is a buy-and-sell platform where Sims can dive into the world of trends and delve into a variety of fashion looks. It’s not just about shopping, though. On this online fashion hub, Sims can stay up-to-date with the latest styles, and even gather followers on their account! Below, you can read about the other features that Trendi has to offer.
1. Sims Can Access the Trendi App.
If you have The Sims 4: High School Years installed, you will have access to two new apps—Trendi and Social Bunny. Once you click on your Sim’s phone, you will be able to see the Trendi app characterized by the pink sunglasses icon, on the top left. Clicking on it will give you access to the following Trendi interactions:
- About Trendi – describes what the app is all about.
- Browse Trendi – lets your Sim access the online shop.
- Check Followers – allows Sims to see their current follower count.
- Check the Latest Trends – shows what’s hip and low right now.
- List a Look – lets your Sim list a look that they’ve created or bought from the app.
- Promote Current Look – allows Sims to bump up their current look online.
2. Sims Can Browse Trendi For Fashion Looks.
If you click on “Browse Trendi” through the app, you will have access to a list of the current fashion looks that your Sims can purchase. The app lists the names of the fashion looks, their trend categories, and their costs. You can also see these two features of the app:
- App Refresh – this part of the app details the time it will take until the app refreshes. The app refreshes to show the latest looks.
- Hot Trendi Tips – this section of the app gives your Sims hot tips on how they can get the most of out the Trendi app.
3. They CAn Buy Fashion Looks.
After browsing on the app and purchasing fashion looks for your Sims, they will receive the orders in their inventory. Once there, Sims will be able to see the names of the fashion looks they purchased, as well as their hype levels and their trends.
When clicking on the purchases, your Sims will have a few options for interacting with the said fashion looks. They can choose the following:
- Wear Outfit – Sims can automatically wear the fashion look that they’ve purchased.
- Sell Outfit in Trendi – Sims can resell the fashion look they’ve bought, right after getting them on the app! Yey for business-minded Sims 😉
- Gift – Sims can also choose to give the fashion look to other Sims as a present.
- Name – They can also rename the fashion look, however they want to.
4. Sims Can Visit The Thriftea Store FOr Fashion Looks.
Sims can visit the Thriftea Store in Copperdale to have access to clothing racks. Through these racks, they can learn more about fashion looks, or create their own stylish ‘fits! Alternatively, Sims can also purchase the said clothing racks through Buy Mode, to have easy access to these in their homes. These are the interactions that Sims can choose for the racks:
- About Fashion Looks – will give Sims a description of what fashion looks are.
- Create a Fashion Look – will take Sims to CAS, where they can mix and match a great fashion look.
5. Sims Can Create a Fashion Look!
As we’ve mentioned earlier, Sims can utilize the clothing rack to create a fashion look. Clicking on the said interaction will take you to a special CAS room, where a mannequin is waiting. To create the fashion look, you must add clothing pieces to the mannequin Sim, and name the said fashion look. On the top left, you’ll see pre-made fashion look names, while on the bottom right, you can see the total items and cost of the look. All in all, here are the requirements to complete a fashion look:
- Top – Choose from the set of tops in the choices.
- Bottom – Next, select one from the bunch of bottoms in the options.
- Shoes – Now, pick a pair of shoes from the roster of footwear.
- Look Name – There are default names you can choose from, but you may create a custom one.
6. Plus, They Can Sell These Looks on Trendi!
After your Sims have successfully created a set of new fashion looks, they can proceed to sell these on the Trendi app. All they have to do is open the said app, and choose the option, “List a Look”.
- Setting prices – Sims will be able to name their prices before making the sale. It’s important to set the amount to realistic prices (see the similar prices described on top of the price) because expensive ones have a likelihood of not getting sold.
- Shipping to buyers – Once someone makes an offer on your fashion look, drag the fashion look’s shopping bag from your inventory and into the mailbox. This will allow you to ship your Sims’ goods to their buyer.
How TO sell The Best Fashion Looks
Your Sims can optimize the Trendi app to make the best out of its functions. And hey, they can opt to do some cool tactics! Here are our pro tips:
- Before creating a fashion look, go to the app and select “Check the Latest Trends”. This will display Trendi Analytics, revealing to your Sims what’s currently hot and not.
- Create a fashion look based on the top trend.
- After creating a fashion look, let your Sims wear these. Wearing these might further raise its hype level.
- Then, go ahead and list the fashion look on the app to rake in some simoleons!
Other Trendi Things to Remember
Here are some other things you have to remember about the Trendi app:
- Gender Neutral Trends – Any gender can wear the fashion looks your Sims create.
- Follower Count – Wearing your fashion looks can significantly increase your Sim’s follower count on Trendi.
- Entrepreneurial Skill – Once your Sims make their first sale, they will gain some Entrepreneurial Skill!
Wrapping It Up: Use Trendi Now!
We hope that this guide about the Trendi app was able to help you! We’d have to admit, the Trendi app is a super cool addition to the already awesome gameplay of The Sims 4. In its special way, it gets to reflect the real-life concepts of online buying and selling. How about you? What do you think of Trendi? Let us know! We are on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok, where you can follow and message us! Or, you can leave us a comment on this post! Happy simming, Simmers!