If you have not yet tried the first-person mode in the Sims 4, you totally should! It will allow you to experience The Sims 4 on a whole new level. To help you out, we’ve got this essential guide for you!
Learn How to Use the First-Person Mode in The Sims 4!
Can you ever imagine stepping into the shoes of your Sims and experiencing their lives through their own eyes? In the November 2018 game update, the developers of The Sims 4 made this dream a reality with the introduction of a fully functional first-person mode. And, yup! It is a groundbreaking feature for the game! With the first-person mode, you can immerse yourself in the world of The Sims 4 and feel life from the perspective of your Sims.
What Can You Do With The First-Person Mode?
You can follow your Sims as they interact with their surroundings, watch their every step, and observe their daily activities. Once you activate the first-person mode in The Sims 4, we recommend that you try the following activities:
- Cook Meals – This is one of the best uses of the first-person mode! You will be able to witness the cooking processes much clearer.
- Talk to Other Sims – You will see their facial reactions more vividly.
- Play with Pets – You’ll feel much closer to your Sims’ pets with the first-person mode!
- Look at the Sky – Try stargazing or cloudgazing with the first-person mode!
- Swim in the Sea– You will find amazing stuff under the water.
- Ride a Bike – Get a glimpse of the neighborhood while riding a bike.
- Read Books – Flip through the pages and see the book with your Sims’ eyes, although you will not be able to read real text, of course.
- Use the Computer – Try to let your Sims play The Sims while in first-person mode!
- Hug or Kiss Other Sims – This one is sort of hilarious! But it’s worth noting that some actions may appear buggy due to the perspective shift.
More on SNOOTYSIMS: Trying to get the perfect angle for a photo in the Sims 4 gets frustrating with how limited the camera tilt can be; if you don’t know what you’re doing, read this article!
Activating and Deactivating the First-Person Mode
How exactly do you activate the exciting first-person mode in The Sims 4? Can you also easily switch back to the normal camera mode? Well, we’ve got the answers for you below!
- Activating the first-person mode: To activate the first-person mode, simply press the SHIFT + TAB keys simultaneously. The camera will instantly switch to your currently selected Sim’s perspective, which will allow you to see the world through their eyes. If you want to switch to another Sim, press SHIFT + SPACE. This even works for pets, enabling you to experience the game from your canine or feline companion’s viewpoint.
- Deactivating the first-person mode: To exit the first-person mode, simply press SHIFT + TAB again. This will bring you back to the standard Sims 4 interface.
Known Problems In Using the First-Person Mode
Despite the great idea and the hype around it, the first-person mode for The Sims 4 isn’t the shiniest of updates for the game. During its initial launch, it had a bunch of little issues that broke the experience for many Simmers.
- Glitches – Some have reported minor glitches, particularly during actions like Woohooing.
- Limited Vision – you will be unable to interact with objects that are not within your field of view, requiring you to physically walk to them before engaging.
- Motion Sickness – For those prone to motion sickness, the constant head bobbing of your Sim may cause discomfort!
- Interactions with CC – There are some hair CCs, particularly those that feature bangs, that will manifest in the first-person mode. It will sometimes feel distracting.
- Limited UI Access– You will also not be able to click on the game’s UI features while in this mode.
Even with these shortcomings, the game’s first-person mode offers a special and immersive experience that can help you enjoy The Sims 4 in a novel way. The chance to view your carefully crafted Sim homes up close and personal, and interact with objects and pets really gives a remarkable feeling! And with a little bit of creativity, you can even use this mode to enhance your storytelling and role-playing experiences in the game.
Conclusion: See The World In Your Sims’ Eyes!
Although not a perfect feature, the first-person camera mode for The Sims 4 is an extremely interesting addition that you have to try. Despite the shortcomings we pointed out above, being able to see the world as a Sim, swimming in the pool of your Sim’s backyard, and feeling the sun shining on your Sim’s face, is a really amazing experience.
How about you? Have you tried The Sims 4 first-person mode? Let us know! We are on Google, Patreon, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and Tumblr where you can follow and message us! Or, you can leave us a comment on this post! Happy simming, Simmers!