This article focuses mainly on getting more columns for The Sims 4’s CAS or Create a Sim mode. But first, what is a CAS? And what does it do in the game?
Create a Sim Explained
Create a Sim, or also known as CAS, is an essential part of The Sims 4 or any game in The Sims franchise. It is responsible for creating individual Sims before you add it to the game. In The Sims 4, Create a Sim is reinvented to make it easy to use than its predecessors in TS2 and TS3.
It is where you can customize a Sim’s appearance and personality. You can also customize a Sim’s voice, gender, physical frame, pregnancy abilities, toilet standing, and clothing preference. Since CAS is part of the Create a Family interface, it also allows users to customize relationships within a household before adding your Sims to a neighborhood in the game.
But here’s the thing: CAS in The Sims 4 is great per se, but mod creators know how to make further improvements to make it much easier to navigate for a better gaming experience. Take, for example, this mod created by weerbesu called More Columns in CAS.
Adding More Columns in CAS
The CAS mode in The Sims 4 initially shows two columns when you are selecting an item or a feature for your Sims from the catalog panel. Yes, it does its job well, but with an amazing mod, the number of columns can be increased.
The More Columns in CAS mod by weerbesu is a superb creation that does this for you. Instead of two columns in the catalog panel, you can have three, four, or even five columns to make navigating through the items faster and more convenient for users. Now this works best when you have tons of additional CC options for your Sims’ clothing, accessories, eyes, hairs, tattoos, and more.
Things to Remember
As with other popular mods, you may experience a little bit of errors when using this awesome creation. Don’t worry, weerbesu continuously updates it to fix the issues related to the mod and the User Interface. Here are some things worth noting about More CAS Columns mod:
- The mod is NOT compatible with older versions of the game than it’s built with. The v1.10 version is built with game version 1.58.63, so it will not work for older versions of The Sims 4.
- The UI (User Interface) might be cut off of the screen if your game’s resolution is too low.
- For the 3-column type, the game resolution must be at least 1280×720.
- For the 4-column type, the game resolution must be at least 1600×900.
- For the 5-column type, the game resolution must be at least 1920×1080.
- A higher resolution is required if you have The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack.
- The 1.58.63 game update allows you to adjust the UI scale through the options menu. A smaller UI size will let you have more columns at the same resolution.