Why Should You Enable Cheats?
Learning how to enable or turn on cheats should be one of the first things you do in Sims 4. Cheating is a big part of this game, and there are tons of cheats that could help you in every aspect of the game.
Unlike in other video games, the majority of the Sims 4 cheats don’t really break the authentic experience, or at least not in a major way. True, there are some cheats that instantly level up your skills or give you rewards, but you don’t have to use them if you don’t want to.
But if you enjoy building, for example, then you simply can’t play the game with cheats like Move Objects or Enable Free Build. These cheats are so crucial for building beautiful houses in Sims 4 that no one advises against them.
In the end, it’s up to you how and if you’re going to use cheats in TS4. But since you’re here, let’s check how to enable/turn on cheats!
How to Enable Cheats in Sims 4 on a PC?
Enabling cheats is always an easy thing to do in Sims 4, regardless of your platform. However, in my opinion, turning on cheats on a PC is the easiest.
Here are the instructional steps for enabling cheats on a PC in Sims 4:
- Launch your game.
- Hold down your SHIFT + CTRL + C on your keyboard to trigger open up the command console box.
- Once the cheat box appears in the top left corner of your screen, type “testingcheats on” or “testingcheats true” in the dialogue bar. (It doesn’t matter which one you use.)
- Press ENTER.
- You’re done! The game will notify you that cheats are now enabled in your game, so you can continue adding the rest of the cheats you want to use.
You should always enable cheats before you try to activate any cheat in Sims 4. It’s quick, and it makes sure that every next cheat you type in works properly.
How to Enable Cheats in Sims 4 on a Mac?
If you’re playing the Sims 4 on a Mac, then enabling cheats should be as easy as using a Windows PC.
Follow these instructional steps if this is your first time doing it:
- Go into the game.
- Press down your SHIFT + CMD + C buttons on your keyboard. This should open up the command console box in the top left corner of your screen.
- Type one of these two cheatlines in the dialogue bar – “testingheats on” or “testingcheats true.” (It doesn’t matter which one you use.)
- Hit ENTER.
- And that’s it! You can continue adding more cheats after you’ve enabled cheats usage in your game.
How to Enable Cheats in Sims 4 on PS4 and Xbox One?
Sine PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are consoles and don’t have external keyboards, the enabling cheats goes all through the controller.
Here’s what you should do to enable/turn on cheats in Sims 4 on a PS4 or Xbox One:
- Open up your game.
- Hold the 4 triggers on the back of your controller (R1, R2, L1, and L2). This should open up the cheat box window and a keyboard window.
- Using the keyboard on your screen, type one of these two cheatlines – “testingcheats on” or “testingcheats true”. (It doesn’t matter which one you use.)
- Select the “Done” button on the keyboard or simply press R2 on your controller.
- You’ll receive a message stating that cheats are now enabled in your game. You can continue adding more cheats after that.
And that’s pretty much it! Once you do this a couple of times, enabling cheats becomes a super quick and easy thing you do before you actually use cheats in TS4. If you skip it, there’s a good chance that your cheat won’t work. So, any time a cheat in Sims 4 doesn’t work for you, make sure you’ve enabled cheats first.
That’s all on how to enable/turn on cheats in Sims 4! Happy simming!