Reshade for Sims 4
Installing the reshade for Sims 4 is one of the best things you could do to enhance the visuals of the game. The Sims 4 came out in 2014 and is now one of the oldest live video games on the markets. Its graphics are weak compared to most modern titles, so it’s always a good idea to increase the quality of its visuals. So, how to download and install the reshade for Sims 4?
First of all, the reshade is considered a mod because it modifies how your game looks. However, it doesn’t go through the traditional installation process. This means that you can’t extract it, copy-paste it to your Mods folder, and be done with it. Instead, you’ll need to do a few extra steps to make it work.
So without further ado, let’s talk about how to download and install the reshade in Sims 4.
How to Download and Install Reshade in Sims 4?
The first thing you need to do here, of course, is to download the reshade. You could do this by visiting this link. Just look for the “How To Download The Sims 4 Reshade?” heading and hit the download link down below.
Once you’ve downloaded the reshade mod, here are all the steps you need to take towards installing it:
- Open the download Reshade exe. Depending on where your browser downloads the mod, you can find it in different places. For most people, this will simply be the Downloads folder which can be reached through This PC.
- Select your game. Since the reshade can be used to upgrade many games other than The Sims 4, you’ll need to select your game. For this, you’ll need to find the location of where your Sims 4 is installed. Again, for most people, it’s C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Here you will need to select the .exe version.
- Choose Direct3D 9. Once you select your game, you’ll be asked to choose between Direct3D 9, Open GL, Vulcan, and the rest. However, The Sims 4 uses only Direct3D 9, so you only need to select that.
- Select all the effects you want for your game. In this list, you should select ALL the effects if you want to significantly increase the quality of your graphics. Obviously, the more things you’ll be running, the heavier it will be on your computer. However, if you really want to upgrade the appearance of The Sims 4, select all options.
- Click Ok a couple of times and download everything. Here the program will work on its own to download everything it needs for your option. This process shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
- Click to edit reshade settings. You can download multiple different presets and change them whenever you want. Here you can download this preset since it’s one of the best ones I’ve used.
- Extract the downloaded preset. You can use WinRar or any other program for this.
- Copy the extracted preset into the same C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. The preset must go into the Bin folder.
- Select your preset through the reshade program. All you need to do here is to click on the “…” sign and find your preferred presets.
- Launch the game.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully downloaded and installed the reshade for Sims 4!
That’s how to install reshade for Sims 4!
I admit, installing the reshade for Sims 4 is not an easy thing. In fact, it’s one of the most complicated things you’ll ever do for this game. However, it’s totally worth it if you need an upgrade in graphics. Keep in mind that you can further optimize the game’s visuals with mods, so check our mods page for more info.
I hope this post helped you learn how to install reshade in Sims 4!