The Sims 4 AutoSave Mod for 2021
Autosaving has been one of the most innovative creations in videogaming. Right now, it’s been in active use for a lot of videogames, mostly action and RPG games. Although a common function, it’s disappointing how The Sims 4 doesn’t have an AutoSave feature available. In this guide, we will help you get this AutoSave function for your game.
Want to have an easy life in The Sims 4? Check this simple trick here.
The Sims 4 AutoSave mod features a wide variety of options you can fully customize.
AutoSave Mod Features
The AutoSave mod features a lot options for you to choose from including:
- Editable Backup Names. This feature helps you name and keep track of your backups, especially if you’re doing an in-game experiment. Multiple save files are very common in any kind of progress-based video game, and in times like you feel like something’s about to go wrong, having this feature is handy.
- Status Indicator UI – This is the user interface the appears once you start using the autosave feature. It helps you track the status of the current saves and the backups that you’ve made previously. Furthermore, this feature reminds you when will the next autosave backup will be written and will be available.
- Periodic Backup Frequency Selector – Options to select the frequency of your backups with respect to sim time.
- Rotational System Backup – A defined value of how many backup can be stored by the system. Simply put, it’s the number of your backups.
First, let’s discuss how this AutoSave mod works:
What you’re gonna be doing to activate the AutoSave feature is of course, to have a base game computer. Selecting any of these game computers on any of your household will get you an option in which you can select the AutoSave function.
Second, there are several functions that you need to know in order to understand how this AutoSave mod functions as a whole.
The Sims 4 AutoSave Mod Functions and Options
Some of the features includes:
- A menu-driven configuration. This feature is exceptionally convenient, since you don’t have to click too many options, making it easily-accessible for you to choose which action you’ll like to do with the AutoSave function menu.
- Backup period cycle selection. This option allows you to edit and change the period in which the backup gets its periodic saving. The cycles are separated into the SIM Time that are currently available. Although you can’t always save every minute or two, it’s nice to be able to save every 15 minutes. (Note: You can save up to a day (24 hours) of SIM in-game time).
- Editable backup cycle. This function allows you to fully edit your backup cycles with respect to the SIM time period. Although it’s not really a full customization of everything like what most game-breaking mods does with your saves, it helps you with keeping tabs with you backup save files. It’s also possible to separate your original save files and modify them using this function.
- A history of changes made displayed as wall messages. This function helps you keep track of the number of changes you’ve made in the past 15 minutes of game time, or in the past hour. This option is very helpful since it allows you to record all the previous changes made, making it possible for you undo a certain change or redo your changes by using your backups and previous autosave files.
Having trouble with your game? Check out this post so you can fix it right away!
Additional Features for the AutoSave Mod
Although it’s been quite some time since it’s been updated, this AutoSave mod still features several hidden options that were added before it can be a working product.
The Sims 4 AutoSave Mod is fully accessible for Chinese and Brazilian players with the addition of the mod language translations for the base game. The biggest function of this mod comes from the addition of the daily-save mod, which comes from the options of being able to choose the 24-hour in-game periodic backups, which helps a lot in long in-game sessions.
The AutoSave feature should be a mandatory option, especially for roleplaying games like The Sims 4. Luckily, there are modders out there who are doing God’s work and allows us to play the game comfortably.
If you’re still not satisfied, you should check our list of The Sims 4 cheat sheet! We’re always out here to help you find the best of the best gaming experience.