If you want to report mods that have been broken due to the most recent Sims 4 For Rent patch update, or simply review the current status of various Sims 4 mods, read our simple guide below!
The Sims 4 For Rent Patch Update Is Here!
Sims 4 Update 12/05/2023 - PC: 18.104.22.1680 / Mac: 22.214.171.1240 / Console: 1.84
In our latest news article, we shared with you that The Sims 4 has recently received another major patch update this December 05, 2023, just in time for the release of the most awaited For Rent expansion pack. This new patch is a fantastic thing because it addresses a plethora of game issues and concerns that have been reported by Simmers all over the world. Aside from providing us with fixes, the game update also adds a few new base game features that could be helpful for our gameplay.
But Well, What About Our Mods?
You might be wondering if your mods are marked safe, what with the dawn of this new Sims 4 update and all. Unfortunately, this latest game patch has altered multiple aspects of the game to be able to integrate the new expansion pack and implement necessary fixes. Thus, many of our mods have been affected. Some are now broken and incompatible with the game, while others have managed to remain functional.
Sims 4 For Rent Patch: How Do We Check for Broken Mods?
Fellow Simmer Scarlet, the owner of Scarlet’s Realm Patreon Page, has developed an incredible Mod List wherein Simmers can check regularly for broken mods. This said list is edited almost daily, and it receives a major update, especially after every fresh patch for The Sims 4. This is how you can use the said list to check for broken mods:
- Head over here to view Scarlet’s Mod List.
- Use the search bar of the list to type the name of a specific mod.
- Check the patch status on the right side, which will tell you whether the said mod is broken or compatible with the game.
- If you want to see a list of mods that are no longer being updated or are totally defunct for The Sims 4 (so you can take them off your game for good), you can just visit Scarlet’s list of all the confirmed obsolete mods.
Note: If you're unable to locate a mod or its creator in the list, kindly utilize the Mod Reporting process in the next section to submit it. Scarlet only includes new mods when Simmers submit or request these to be tracked. So yes, your input is crucial for keeping the information updated.
Sims 4 For Rent Patch: How Do We Report When a Mod is Broken?
Mod testers are very much crucial to the Sims community after each new game patch, as conducting these tests will ensure whether mods are broken, updated, or still compatible with the game. Thus, if you want to help out in testing whether mods are broken or not, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Check “Enable CC/Mods” and “Script Mods Allowed” in your Game Options, but remember, you might need to switch them back on after each game update.
- Before you test a mod all by itself, delete the localthumbcache from your Sims 4 folder and see how it works with no other mods installed.
- If you run into problems with a mod that’s already marked as “Updated” or “Compatible,” please tell the mod creator about it. These mods won’t be marked in the list as “Broken” without double-checking, either by Scarlet testing it herself or getting confirmation from the mod creator.
- Finally, answer the Mod Report Form.
This collaborative effort of mod testing and reporting will ensure the accuracy of information regarding the functionality of mods in The Sims 4. Yup, this is all about teamwork!
Conclusion: Broken Mods For Sims 4 For Rent Patch
New game patches are essential to provide us with continued enjoyment of our favorite game, The Sims 4. But of course, we can’t help but feel concerned about our mods every time a new update is released. Hence, we sincerely hope that this article was able to guide you on how to report and check for broken mods in the game.
Please let us know how you feel about The Sims 4! We are on Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and Tumblr where you can follow and message us. Or, you can also leave us a comment on this post! Happy simming, Simmers!