Do you ever find yourself getting as frustrated as your sims with the current season? Have you been tempted to change it, but are unsure of how to go about that? If you answered yes to even just one of these questions this article about TS4 Season Cheats is for you!
Seasons in the Sims Franchise
On May 24, 2018, The Sims 4: Seasons expansion pack was released for The Sims 4. This is similar to other packs that had been released respectively in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. In these packs, it introduces different seasons and weather into this popular series. It adds an extra layer of fun and play, but sometimes it can get frustrating when you want a different season rather than the current one.
This is where cheats come in! Not only will you learn about the cheats that enable you to change the season, but also other TS4 Season Cheats you can use.
If you don’t have this expansion pack yet, you can go buy it here!
The Main TS4 Season Cheats
There are two main cheats that enable you to change seasons. The first one is the advance season cheat which is useful if you are unsure of what season you want to change it to or the one you want is next.
In Sims, the seasons go summer, fall, winter, and spring. Rinse, repeat, etc. With the advance season cheat, it brings you directly to the next season. To do this type the following into the cheat bar: seasons.advance_season. Again, this is useful in only certain cases.
The set season cheat is probably the one that is the most useful because of how quick it is. In this cheat, all you do is have to do is insert the number that corresponds to the correct season into the following cheat: seasons.set season X.
X is nothing more than a placeholder in this cheat. The number to insert in its place depends on what season you want. 0 = summer, 1 = fall, 2 = winter, and 3 = spring. So, say you wanted to set it to fall. It would look something like this: seasons.set season 3.
You can even change the weather as well!
Additional Season Cheats
Besides the changing seasons’ cheats, there are also some other cheats for this sims pack that, while all not entirely useful, can be pretty fun to play with. To be honest, most of these cheats involve lightning so your sim really should watch where they step!
These cheats include:
- The weather forecast request cheat which is not exactly fun, but more on the useful side. To use, type in weather.request_forecast 1-28
- Want to cause lightning to strike something on the ground? Well, then type in weather.summon_lightning_strike
- Want to cause lightning to strike an object instead? Well, then type in weather.summon_lightning_strike_object
- Would you rather strike a specific spot? Then type in weather.lightning_strike_here. The here has to be replaced by the coordinates of whatever spot you want to hit with lightning.
So, if you are not afraid of lightning, these cheats are certainly something to check out!
The Sims 4 Seasons pack also brings some special traits that your sims can get. If you want to be able to skip the hassle of trying to get them, you can just type them into the cheat bar by using the following TS4 Season Cheats.
- If you want to have daddy issues, consider adding the Father Winter’s Baby trait. Type in traits.equip_trait FatherWinterBaby.
- Want to be like Elsa and not have the cold weather bother you anyway? Then type in traits.equip_trait ColdAcclimation.
- Heat acclimation is similar to cold acclimation except it helps you not get affected by hot weather. To do this type in traits.equip_trait HeatAcclimation.
- Do you want your sim to be invincible when it comes to the heat or cold? If so, type in: traits.equip_trait BurningMan (which makes them heatproof) or traits.equip_trait IceMan (makes them ice-proof).
- The waterproof trait is pretty self-explanatory. If your sim is outside in the rain, it’s impossible for them to get wet! To get this type in traits.equip_trait Waterproof.
- Want your sim to chase storms and enjoy it? If so, type in traits.equip_trait Stormchaser.
Remember all of these TS4 Season Cheats have to be typed into the search bar.
Whether we like it or not, our sims are going to succumb to death. Sometimes, it can even be a convenient way to get rid of sims and make room for new ones in your household. If they are especially annoying, it is extremely useful. Really, it doesn’t matter what the reason is. The fact of the matter is there is the option of using death cheats in sims and sims seasons bring some unique ones to the table.
One death you can give your sim is death by overheating them and then turning them into a ghost. Type in traits.equip_trait Ghost_Overheat which causes your sim to become a ghost. With this trait, they can warm other sims up! Hey, they might be dead but at least they can still be pretty useful.
The other death cheat you can give your sim is death by freezing. Type in traits.equip_trait Ghost_Frozen and this immediately kills your sim, causing them to change into a ghost. Once you input this treat you will discover that your ghost sim can help a sim cool off.
While these cheats don’t exactly push your gameplay along, they are pretty fun and add some enjoyment to whatever sim household you are currently playing.
And there you have it all you sims, lovers, out there. These are all the cheats you need to know if you happen to have or plan to purchase The Sims 4: Seasons pack. Once you input these cheats not only will you be able to change the seasons, but you can also add certain traits and deaths to your sim.
Always remember to save before using any of these cheats in case you decide that these cheats are not for you. If this is the case, then all you have to do is load back to the title screen and click back into the household!