The Werewolf Mod: an Overview
The Sims 4 werewolf mod is one of the most refreshing experiences that any Simmer could get! Maxis and The Sims Studio have never created a werewolf pack, so the closest thing to it is the vampire game pack. But even if you don’t like the fantastical side of the game at all, the werewolf addition is a flavor that hardly anyone could pass on.
What is the werewolf mod?
It is a furry and ferocious lifestyle, unlocked through some mysterious means. It allows your Sims to become a wild werewolf during the night, but also to remain a fully functioning human during the day.
You will be bitten in a puzzling situation by strangers; you will have questionable moods and even more questionable actions. You will undergo a painful transformation, and if you’re just mildly into the phantasy gameplay, then you’re in for a treat! And while there is a whole range of werewolf mods and CC which focus on only one particular thing, this is the complete experience of being a werewolf! It is created by Nyx and it has served the Sims 4 community faithfully for many years.
Who and What Are the Werewolves?
The werewolves have a furry body, long ears and muzzle, big feet and a tail. Their voices are also deeper and their walking animation completely different from your regular one. But, they still fit the clothes of the human form before the transformation, and the same hairstyle is in place too!
However, they will look almost nothing like themselves, so different Sims will react differently to them! The werewolves have a new skill as well, called Lycanthropy which they can level up in order to unlock new abilities. They also have increased energy needs and they will feel tense after every transformation.
The ferocious life is a unique one, with a lot of interesting features and actions. You can scare regular Sims with your growls, you can team up with other werewolves and go hunting, you can howl at the moon and maul enemies…
There are also some special interactions between two werewolves. For example, you can “Nuzzle” with another werewolf, which basically means hugging and kissing. The werewolf transformation lasts from 8 PM to 7 AM. At first the transformation will happen regardless if you want it or not, but as you level up your werewolf you will be able to get a full control of your instincts.
How to Become a Werewolf?
The first thing that you are going to ask yourself after you install the mod is: How do I become a werewolf? Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Step 1: Buying a Special Treasure Map. This item costs 2415 simoleons and you will need to put it on a wall. Your Sim will be able to inspect the map and figure out that there is a shortcut through the woods, leading to a treasure.
- Step 2: The “A treasure huh?” moodlet. This focus moodlet will appear, after you inspect the map. It lasts for 4 hours and if it disappears just inspect the map again and you will gain it again. But while the moodlet lasts, a new interaction will be available on your Sim, called “Explore the deep dark woods”.
- Step 3: Exploring the deep dark woods. This is the simplest step. When you click on the interaction, your Sim will go outside and disappear for a few hours.
- Step 4: The return. Your Sim will return a bit changed. An uncomfortable moodlet called “Recent Bite” will take place and the transformation will begin.
Transforming into a Werewolf
There are 5 phases of becoming a werewolf and all of them last for a couple of hours.
- Stage 1: Recent Bite. Your Sim is bitten by a werewolf. Scars will be visible all over the body and painful headaches will take place.
- Stage 2: So Much Pain! The pain will be so high that their hands will start shaking. The scars will begin to heal though.
- Stage 3: Temporary Amnesia… Your Sim will experience short-term memory loss. They will be dazed and unsure of what they did in the last couple of hours.
- Stage 4: Ferocious Behavior. Nearly all the scar will be healed, but your Sim will still feel embarrassed of everything that has happened.
- Stage 5: A Werewolf. At around 8 PM, an animation will take place and your Sim will be a fully developed werewolf.
Leveling as a Werewolf
There are also 5 available levels for a werewolf and these are the abilities that go with them:
- Go hunting
- Howl at the moon
- Raw lamb
- Get more raw meats
- Random collectibles
- Call other werewolves
- Practice sparring
- “Wildness” need
- “Feral Power” moodlet
- “Uncontrollably Feral” moodlet
- Transform anytime
- Give a cursed bite
- Control feral instincts
The werewolf mod has been a stable extension for The Sims 4 for years. But we’re sad to announce to you that it hasn’t been updated for the latest patch of the game, so it is not currently working. Also, the official publishing page at ModTheSims was deleted, so we’re more than sad that it seems like it’s gone for good. But we don’t have to look so grim! If anything, the community has shown how much such an extension is needed for the game.
It’s always possible that the wonderful creator Nyx will come back and reupload the mod so we can all enjoy it once again. And who knows, maybe EA will listen to our prayers and make a werewolf pack for their game? But while you wait, check our selection of the best furry mods for The Sims 4.