Would you like to become a part of The Sims 5 Playtests before the game is officially released on the market? Well, here’s everything you should know!
SIMS 5 Playtests: What You Need to Know
In our recent article, we have updated you about our thoughts on how The Sims 5 will look like, based on the unofficial screenshots that were released from the latest playtest. Since the game is still in its early stages, more playtests will be conducted to fine-tune the game before its launch. But did you know that you can actually have the opportunity to be a playtester for The Sims 5? Read below to learn how!
Why Is There A Need For The Sims 5 Playtests?
Early in the development of Project Rene, the team decided to collect feedback from members of the community through the conduct of a small playtest. The purpose of this was to test various game systems to see how they interacted with each other. You see, playtests are essential before the launch of games, to assess critical interactions and technologies for the game, especially in a highly customizable and interactive environment like The Sims. Of course, plenty of playtests were also conducted before the previous Sims games were launched.
What Happened During The Last Sims 5 Playtest
In the official news from EA, game director Grant Rodiek reported that in the fall of 2022, they “released a small private playtest evaluating interior design, furniture customization, and collaborative interior design on PC and mobile devices.” This “Apartment Customization” playtest showed just a small snippet of what was planned for the entire project.
This was a glimpse of what the game has in store and was specifically chosen to test different systems and their interactions. The playtest helped the development team understand the impact of customizable experiences on Sims’ interactions with their environment, from sitting on the couch to preparing food, and more.
How To Sign Up for The EA Sims 5 Playtests
Becoming a Sims 5 playtester is an exciting opportunity, and the process is pretty straightforward, too. But of course, the chances are not guaranteed! You also need some luck and patience in order to qualify. Here’s how to get started:
2. Read and Accept the Agreements.
To join the playtests, you’ll need to agree to certain terms and conditions, including the following three:
- Pre-Release Feedback Agreement
- Electronic Arts Playtesting Code of Conduct
3. Enter the Playtest Portal.
Once you’ve accepted the agreements, you may now access the Playtest Portal on the EA website! Click Get Started to enter the said portal.
4. Choose Your Playtest Preferences.
In the Playtest Portal, you can specify your preferences by answering a few questions. This helps EA match you with the most suitable playtests. Your preferences include the following:
- What motivates you to play video games
- Your preferred game types
- Your specific Playtests of interest
- Where you’d like to participate for the Playtests
5. Check for Available Playtests.
Keep an eye on the Playtest Portal for the upcoming playtests! While waiting for The Sims 5 to appear in the Portal, you may try to apply to other available playtests that may be of interest to you. Take note that thre are no exact dates when a Playtest will be available. Thus, you have to check the Playtest Portal regularly.
What to Expect After Signing Up for The Sims 5 Playtests
Once you’ve signed up for EA Playtests, there’s a chance that there will be upcoming playtests about The Sims 5, as the team announced that there will be more playtests for the upcoming game soon, and their last one was on 2022. So, here’s what you can expect:
- Application Emails: After registering, you will receive application emails for playtests you are eligible to participate in. These emails will include a survey to gather additional information about your gaming habits and preferences.
- Further Instructions: If your profile matches the requirements for a specific playtest, in this case if it matches a playtest for The Sims 5, you’ll receive an email with further instructions on how to participate!
- Questions: If you have any additional questions or need more information, visit the Electronic Arts Playtesting website or contact email@example.com for assistance. You can also check their Playtesting FAQs page for more information.
Conclusion: Join The Sims 5 Playtests!
Becoming a playtester for The Sims 5 offers a unique opportunity to shape the development of the game and provide valuable feedback to the development team. As the game continues to evolve and expand, your input can contribute to making it even more special. So, sign up today and have the chance to become a playtester for The Sims 5. Trust us, your input can make a real difference!