In our recent news post, we introduced you to an exciting sneak peek of The Sims 4 Growing Together, the recently announced expansion pack for the game. This time, we are letting you in on more gameplay details of The Sims 4 Growing Together we’ve gathered so far! Read on!
The Sims 4 Growing Together
After The Sims 4 excitingly unveiled the first official trailer for its new expansion pack, Growing Together, on February 2, 2023, their Twitter account showcased the second official trailer for the said expansion pack last February 23, 2023. The first was a reveal trailer that provided simmers a sneak peek of what to expect in the coming expansion pack, while the latter is a gameplay trailer that enlightened simmers regarding the actual gaming details for The Sims 4 Growing Together. Apart from these thrilling trailers, The Sims 4 also released posts which covered the enticing new details of the expansion pack. But, to make things easier for you, we’ve gathered everything we know so far in this article!
The Awesome New World of San Sequoia
The Sims 4 Growing Together incorporates an exhilarating new world in the game. Yup! Welcome to the land of San Sequoia, a bustling town nestled in the nearby ocean bay. Not much is known yet about this world, only that it was once a small fishing village for our Sims. In the trailers, San Sequoia is shown to feature piers, play areas, a nature path, a library, a movie theatre, and open parks, which all seem to be pretty family-friendly. There are three new neighborhoods cradled inside San Sequoia. These are the following:
- Anchorpoint Wharf – a busy village nearby the coastal area and the pier, where Sims can leisurely walk by or go fishing.
- Gilbert Gardens – a neighborhood located near the lake, wherein sims could hike, jog, or ride a bicycle on a nature path.
- Hopewell Hills – a calm residential area filled with craftsman-style homes, embellished with traditional and modern aesthetics.
Introducing the Family Dynamics
Family Dynamics is a new feature introduced in The Sims 4 Growing Together, which can shape how our Sims live their lives. It determines the nature of the relationship that sims have with each family member, which then ultimately impacts their succeeding social exchanges. According to a tweet by The Sims team, the Family Dynamics can be tweaked right away in Create-A-Sim (CAS). However, it could also change between Sims, depending on the type of interactions they have with one another. Here are the types of Family Dynamics that we know of, so far:
- Close – Sims who are close share a special bond with each other and are comfortable in the presence of one another.
- Distant – Two sims who share this do not necessarily hate each other but wouldn’t’ prefer each other’s company.
- Difficult – Sims who are distant have a difficult and awkward relationship with each other.
- Jokesters – Sims who are jokester love to have loads of mischief and laughter with each other!
- Competitive – Sims who are competitive may feel that they are rivals with each other.
Playing with Social Compatibilities
Another new feature that the official The Sims 4 Growing Together gameplay trailer revealed is Social Compatibility. In the video, it is shown that Sims could now have varying compatibilities with other Sims, depending on the things they like and dislike. This Social Compatibility can then move the relationship of Sims forward or break it. There are two known Social Compatibilities for Sims:
- Good Social Compatibility – When sims have plenty of the same interests (likes and dislikes), they have good social compatibility.
- Bad Social Compatibility – When sims have numerous opposing interests (likes and dislikes), they have bad social compatibility.
Celebrating Milestones in Life
The Sims 4 Growing Together will also incorporate the concept of Milestones in the game. Milestones is another novel feature that will help enrich the day-to-day lives of our Sims. If you closely watched the gameplay trailer, you will notice how Sims get to acquire distinctive icons during defining moments in their lives, which represent their Milestones. Milestones pretty much resemble the Memories feature from The Sims 3. Here are a few of the Milestones that we have observed from The Sims 4 Growing Together:
- Pooping in diapers
- Taking the First Bath
- Eating New Food
- Learning to roll over
- Learning to pull themselves up
- Learning to crawl
- Losing baby teeth
- Learning to ride a bike
- Falling in love
- Getting married
- Having a baby
- Starting a fire
- Overcoming career obstacles
- Getting fired from your job
- Having a midlife crisis
- Having the family move in
New Playable Families Available
Have you been expecting more playable households in the game just to spice up your game? Well, you simmers are lucky, because another exciting detail unwrapped through the trailer of The Sims 4 Growing Together are the new families that will be joining our existing Sims in the game.
- The Robleses – The Robleses household is described to be “an influential local family” in the game. Whether you’d be playing this family or simply glimpsing at them as townies in the game, the addition of new characters just makes the entire game more stimulating!
- The Michaelsons – The Michaelsons, who starred in the trailers released for The Sims 4 Growing Together, is a family that resides in Hopewell Hills. We are really excited to meet them and celebrate their milestones!
The All-New Infant Life Stage
Recently, we informed you about the new baby update for The Sims 4, which included a mini preview and details on the all-new life stage for The Sims 4: Infants! If you’ve been a long-time simmer, this is probably one of the greatest surprises for The Sims 4, as we’ve always wanted to have more control and customization over our little baby sims. Well, with the release of The Sims 4 Growing Together expansion pack, you will have a richer and more in-depth gameplay experience for infants through the newer items, interactions, and milestones that the expansion pack will be able to provide.
Before sims hit the toddler life stage, they will first be infant sims wearing diapers, who are often found clinging to their parents’ arms, and who are learning about their first life-defining moments. New items from The Sims 4 Growing Together, such as baby carriers, high chairs, and changing stations will be able to help nurture the needs of infants. Additionally, infants will be able to acquire several of the following Infant Quirks as they progress through the game:
- Early Riser
- Messy Eater
- Frequently Hiccups
- Good Appetite
- Snuggly Sleeper
- Happy Spitter
- Free-Air Tinkler
More Toddler Updates? Yes, Please!
Through The Sims 4: Growing Together expansion pack, toddlers will also be receiving a refreshing update! As you play the game, toddler sims will now be able to acquire several Toddler Quirks, which will have an effect on their interactions with themselves and other people. Toddler Quirks are different from the Traits, as Toddler Quirks are naturally obtained through gameplay progress. Here are a few of the 18 discoverable Toddler Quirks:
- Picky Eater
- Early Riser
- Little Singer
- Good Appetite
- Loves Water
- Hates Bedtime
- Loves being Carried
New Updates for Children Sims
Of course, we should not be forgetting the older children in The Sims 4! Yes, because The Sims 4: Growing Together will also deliver all-new aspirations for Child Sims. These new aspirations include the following:
- Slumber Party Animal
- Mind and Body
- Playtime Captain
- Creative Genius
Additionally, new items brought about by the new expansion pack will be dedicated for Child Sims as well. Some of the new items that will be joining the game are the Splash Pad, Treehouse, Sleeping Bag, Bike, and Friendship Bracelets. How fun, right?!
More Inclusivity: Birthmarks, Scars, Stretch marks, and Signs of Aging are Here!
In a news post we released last January, we informed you of the recent content and CAS update in The Sims 4. Through a new patch that delivers hearing aids, glucose monitors, binders, and shapewear, The Sims 4 has been able to expand representation and provide inclusivity for people in the deaf, trans, and non-binary communities. With a new base game update through The Sims 4: Growing Together, we will also be getting more body-positive elements in the game.
In a tweet last Feb 27, 2023, The Sims detailed how “birthmarks, stretch marks & cesarean scars will be coming to The Sims 4” soon! In the trailers released for the expansion pack, it has also been apparent how elder sims exhibit signs of aging in their bodies! Now, that’s the realistic representation of people!
Thrilling Social Events
New social events will also be incorporated into the game, through The Sims 4 Growing Together expansion pack. So far, the trailer has revealed two new social events that are available for the game, including baby showers and slumber parties.
- Baby Showers – Are your Sims expecting a baby anytime soon? Have your sims’ relatives and friends join in on the fun by throwing a baby shower!
- Slumber Parties – Bring out the best pajamas and stuffed animals because children can participate now in slumber parties with their friends, classmates, or family members!
The reaction of Simmers to The Sims 4: Growing Together
With the constant release of teasers and trailers that showcase how families and relationships will have substantial transformations in the game, Simmers all around the globe just can’t seem to wait for the release of The Sims 4: Growing Together. Many of the players have taken to Twitter to air out their excitement for the said expansion pack.
Soon: Official Livestream of the Gameplay and New Updates
So that’s it! We here at SnootySims have covered everything we know so far about the new expansion pack blazing our way, The Sims 4: Growing Together. Surely, there are a ton of details that we might have missed. Hence, come back to this page to be able to watch the official live stream of The Sims 4: Growing Together as it airs on March 3rd, 2023, and get the said expansion pack when it launches on March 16th, 2023. As always, happy playing Simmers!