For the first time ever, players can create pets for their Sims to love, train, play with and take to the park. Create-a-Pet allows players to mix, match and create the perfect dog or cat for their Sim. Labradoodle? Shnoodle? Puggle? Choose breeds and customize your pets. Put your pets to work in a variety of different careers including Show Business, Security and Service. Hang out in Central Park, the community center where you can interact with other Sims while shopping for various pets accessories. Play "doc" as your run the town Pet Care Center! Gain status based on your Sims pet care skills, from performing examinations to healing, playing and training.
- Sims Have Pets! Your Sims can share a lifetime with their pets. Sims can adopt dogs, cats, birds, and more.
- Create-A-Pet Choose from dozens of dog and cat breeds, or customize features for a unique pet and then pick their personalities.
- Pets Have Genetics Cross different breeds to create designer pets or make new ones and register them to appear in Create-A-Pet as a unique pedigree.
- Sit, Spike, Sit Your Sims can encourage and discipline pets, training them to shake, play dead, and more. Unruly pets might dig in the yard, claw the sofa, topple the trash, or surprise their Sims in other ways, but Sims can change their pets' ways with the right training!
- Pets Have Careers Now your Sims aren't the only ones bringing home the bacon! Skilled pets can earn a living from three career tracks - Show Business, Security, and Service - and work their way up through five job levels.
- Friends for a Lifetime Your Sims' pets are members of the family and share all of life's great moments - whether it's kids training puppies, teens playing fetch in the park, adults watching TV with their cats, or elders enjoying a sunny day in park with their long-time companion!
- Show off Your Pets Share your favorite Sim pets with other The Sims� 2 Pets players through the exchange.