View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Help! A serious error has occurred while loading [save.file] 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Post Help! A serious error has occurred while loading [save.file]
Okay so ive had this problem multiple times before and it always ends with me having to restart my town. I'll be playing on my town with out any problems (Starlight Shores) and then quit the game, and when i load it all back up to play again, after clicking on the town i want to play on at the main screen, it starts loading for like 2 seconds before a pop up comes up saying 'A serious error has occurred while trying to load starlightshore.file. It is highly recommended that you restart the application' and i cant load the game. This seams to be a really big problem over at the official forums too, and for me it dates back to when generations came out. I have tried many so called fixes such as turning off my virus auto scanning, clearing all the caches. and creating a new town and deleting all of the files and moving the old files from my original town into thr new one. Ive run out of ideas and i really need a fix as this town has taken like an entire week to set up and move all my sims from appaloosa plains to it and i dont want to have to redo it. Also this is the 2nd time this error has happened since i bought showtime, which was a week ago...... PLEASE HELP.

Mon May 21, 2012 8:18 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
Post Re: Help! A serious error has occurred while loading [save.f
... Iunno. I really wish I could help you but if that was me i'd just be really annoyed and just stop playing for a week then start a new save.

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Mon May 21, 2012 9:37 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Hunter, do you have Awesomemod? I just installed Awesomemod yesterday for the first time and I tried to open my existing Riverview town twice and got that error. I have never seen it before so I could only assume it was caused by Awesomemod. I just assumed I did something wrong when I was installing it and deleted all existing games and started over.

Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Lola001 wrote:
Hunter, do you have Awesomemod? I just installed Awesomemod yesterday for the first time and I tried to open my existing Riverview town twice and got that error. I have never seen it before so I could only assume it was caused by Awesomemod. I just assumed I did something wrong when I was installing it and deleted all existing games and started over.

Nope, i never bothered with awesome mod. And ive also noticed that random families have been dissapearing from the bin. The most frustrating thing is having to start everything over. I created a whole bunch of houses and community lots i liked that are now lost cause i had to start over. I started backing my games up now just so i can be safe. But honestly, this error has been happening for well over a year. And EA has done nothing to address it, the community has had to figure it out by themselves along with most bugs. There's a reason why EA made #1 on worst companies in the world this year.....

Wed May 23, 2012 5:48 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
That really sucks, especially all the lots you have lost. :sad: I started backing everything up a couple of years ago because I finally learned that EA can't be trusted. Maybe if they spent less time making shitty Stuff Packs and actually addressed the bugs in the games, they wouldn't at the top of the "Worst Companies" list. :no:

Wed May 23, 2012 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]