View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 5049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 253  Next
 Current Thoughts 
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Re: Current Thoughts
Vanille wrote:
It is dying, because the Sims series is dying. And because not a lot of people in this board are really Sims-crazy anymore, hell, I'm one example, I used to love Sims and play it all day, but now I haven't the time as I'm involved in a lot more things.

Me included. I last played TS3 for like 10 minutes in February. It's not fun anymore.

Anywho, I'm not sure Facebook is completely taking over. Sure, it's something everyone uses but there are things you can do on a forum you can't do on there. I'm a member of a Harry Potter/Pottermore forum that is wildly active and very well run. And I completely thought forums were a dying breed. But it's been open for 8 months and showing no signs of slowing down.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Wow, dropping all my math project video files onto my computer really fragmented up that shit.
Now I have to move them... awkward.
AND FUCK YOU--ROCK AND ROLL!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:33 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: mike
Kira wrote:
Vanille wrote:
It is dying, because the Sims series is dying. And because not a lot of people in this board are really Sims-crazy anymore, hell, I'm one example, I used to love Sims and play it all day, but now I haven't the time as I'm involved in a lot more things.

Me included. I last played TS3 for like 10 minutes in February. It's not fun anymore.

Anywho, I'm not sure Facebook is completely taking over. Sure, it's something everyone uses but there are things you can do on a forum you can't do on there. I'm a member of a Harry Potter/Pottermore forum that is wildly active and very well run. And I completely thought forums were a dying breed. But it's been open for 8 months and showing no signs of slowing down.

i think forums for particular topics are still doing well—when everyone has common interests, there's always something to talk about. but social forums (like mikeinside, or pink imoen, or snooty's, or really most of the forums that are/were like this one) are definitely losing out to facebook, i think. i mean, snooty's is ostensibly a forum for people interested in the sims, but most people don't use it like that—hence its slowing down.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:06 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

But Snooty's wasn't always that way. It's like there became two groups: people who post about Sims and the people in the Chatterbox forum. A lot of the people who posted in the Chatterbox forum went to others place, then left said places, and never returned back here. Like Charlie said, we haven't been replenishing members we've lost.

Anywho I do agree. Plus everything has to die sometime.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:16 am
Profile WWW
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
Kira wrote:
[...]Plus everything has to die sometime.

^ This is depressing as hell. D:

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Wheeeeeeew, the alcohol's kicked in 6 shots of vanilla vodka before the party WHOO. Everything's all hazy and in slow motion, hehehe.
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Oh God, I have to get dressed soon. that's gonna be interesting.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:13 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
Draik wrote:
Wheeeeeeew, the alcohol's kicked in 6 shots of vanilla vodka before the party WHOO. Everything's all hazy and in slow motion, hehehe.
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

XD

well have fun with that Draik.

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:59 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Summer wrote:
Kira wrote:
[...]Plus everything has to die sometime.

^ This is depressing as hell. D:

I know it is but it's also true. :l

Ehm and my current thoughts are:

I wonder how many more Rhynn has to send me.
I almost want Reb to send me a message so I can put that piece of poo on his place for being mean to Rhynn.
I've got so much to do and how dare she ask me to help today when she should have got off her ass and got all that stuff done yesterday when I was more than willing to help.
I need to rewrite for the original.
Why won't Ekko or Rhynn PM me back about the game stuff? Especially Ekko. Rhynn's busy, I know.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Draik wrote:
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

it's okay, i split a bottle of jaggermeister between me and a friend last night. Ugh. 7+ shots later....

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:10 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: mike
It's so weird how you age and age and age, and it never stops. Like, you'll never be a carefree kid again; you'll never again play on a playground in complete earnest or spend hours swimming a pool for fun—you just get older, and older, and older, and older and older. One day you're a kid running around while your dad watches over you, and then...suddenly you're the dad, standing there bored with babysitting. It's so uncomfortable—to have been a kid and to never be one again. I don't know if I can deal.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:53 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I still run around on a play ground >:( No fuckin aging is gunna stop me from doing that!

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:46 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
SilverShadow391 wrote:
I still run around on a play ground >:( No fuckin aging is gunna stop me from doing that!

I do this too with certain friends! We went to a pub the other day and sat in the garden and there was a bouncy castle... Do you know how hard that would've been to resist? ;)
We let the kids use it first obvs. Then when they got off we went on :P

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Charlie wrote:
SilverShadow391 wrote:

I do this too with certain friends! We went to a pub the other day and sat in the garden and there was a bouncy castle... Do you know how hard that would've been to resist? ;)
We let the kids use it first obvs. Then when they got off we went on :P

We get bouncy castles at our graduation safe-grad thingy.

I can't wait! :party:

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:42 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Seriously, Glee? Seriously??
Quinn was hit head-on by a freaking truck a month ago and she just randomly comes back to school looking no different?

Glee's had some weird, weird things happen over the years, but having a character emerge from a car wreck looking as bright and perky as ever has to be the weirdest by far.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:17 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Pinocchio
Roleplay: Your wildest fantasy
Glee makes use of the "HERE'S SOMETHING DRAMATIC BUT WE'RE JUST GOING TO SKIP THE AFTERMATH and provide some exposition in an awkward classroom scene where Quinn had to explain what happened in the car crash" too often. Did no one visit her during her time in the hospital!? It was like no one knew what happened.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:56 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

I hated how one of the first things she said to the group was "OMG don't drive and text guyzz, it's bad!"
It's as though Ryan Murphy and Co. are under the assumption that the majority of viewers are so completely dense that they don't make the connection between her using her phone and her getting T-boned by a big-ass truck.

As cheesy as they were, the scenes with just Artie and Quinn, especially the one where she's trying to wheel herself up the ramp, were by far my favourites of the episode. That scene in particular was one of the very few moments these days when I actually liked the acting.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:50 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Pinocchio
Roleplay: Your wildest fantasy
I feel like they don't use any of the Glee cast much. Quinn getting in an accident and the wedding being called off could have been the basis of a really big and serious storyline where the whole cast could actually do some acting (I mean, how hard is it to sit in a classroom or walk down a hallway and chat? Even I can do that). Instead, we were just given some exposition via dialogue between characters and left to piece together what happened in our heads. I could do without the Sue getting pregnant (wtf btw) storyline and the "8 EPISODES FULL OF GUEST STARS" if it meant seeing some more character development. You know a storyline is going down the shitter when Blaine gets all the spotlight, despite the fact there was a car accident and a cancelled wedding (neither which involved him) in the previous episode...

Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:29 pm
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
I haven't watched since Christmas.. is there anything I missed?

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I quit watching Glee about half way thought season 2. What I have just read doesn't make me want to start watching it again. :ton: I loved season 1 but it seems to have gone downhill from there.

My current thought is that I don't want leftovers for lunch but that's all I have so I guess I will go eat leftovers.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Christian
Eh, first year of college is almost done...and I love the piano.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 5049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 253  Next