View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Fishing out buggy content 
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Post Fishing out buggy content
This mod is for those who have content that is enabled for the most oddest of categories:

So let's take this piece of content by Rosesims as an example:

This is enabled for all ages, including Toddler and Child... due to it not being fit for a child's body type you will need to disable the flag that allows it for child; but first, we will have to fish out the file with Process Monitor:

First thing you want to do is set TS3W.exe or which ever executable is your game's, then you will attempt to fish out the glitchy content.

Go to a sim or create a sim and if you know the content but can't remember the file, you'll get the name by using Process Monitor.
http://i.imgur.com/DgdHz.png

As you can see in the image, the file mentioned before is highlighted in blue... now we can recognize the file.

Now you have a choice after finding the name, you can either keep the file but fix it or delete the file. Deleting is simple, but fixing is a bit of work, but not too much.

You will need the CTU tool which will be linked at the bottom of this post, however open it up and load the file in question; go over to the "Part Category" tab and then to the "age" section.
Spoiler:

As you can see, the image shows that it is enabled for Baby to Teen, we don't want that as it is for Young Adult and above, so untick the boxes, click the commit button and then file and save.

However with CTU you can go beyond what I have explained and even disable clothes appearing in the naked or swimsuit categories due to not being applicable in those situations.

Links:
CTU tool: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926
Process Monitor: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896645

Posted: 3-Jun-2011

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:04 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: Fishing out buggy content
Thank you very much for this easy guide. I could use this for fixing this one Ke$ha-esque shirt I got to download a Sim. The shirt is enabled for maternity and doesn't have a pregnancy morph. The result is kinda funny, but after 3 generations and numberless kids having that, I'm kind of tired of seeing the "Gap-bellied" species.

Edit: Properly fixed the problem with this method. Thank you very much!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:53 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Hello,

Out of curiosity - and also so I don't yet again screw up my game - could the CTU tool be used to alter clothes? For example, could one use it to make clothes that are currently available only to teens available to young adults, or even seniors? That would be fun.

Thank you.

BD :smile:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:34 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

I'm not sure, I haven't tried that. I would ask at MTS, but I'll just give you my answer and say no since you'd probably need to scale up the mesh for adults and elders.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:33 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
bettydraper wrote:
Hello,

Out of curiosity - and also so I don't yet again screw up my game - could the CTU tool be used to alter clothes? For example, could one use it to make clothes that are currently available only to teens available to young adults, or even seniors? That would be fun.

Thank you.

BD :smile:

To expand on Erry's response, generally no. Yes you'd see the clothes you've allowed for new ages, but they wouldn't fit the Sim - heads and feet etc would be detached from the outfit which could be floating too high or too low. You can how ever do this for hairs, but generally you don't need to because it's already enabled.

Here's a tutorial on how to convert body meshes adult → child in the Sims 3 (you can use the methods outlined to scale and convert already in game meshes). From the looks of it it's pretty hard though, and I'd recommend you start on something easier. Hair is manageable if you follow the tutorials religiously. :ton: Have fun whatever you do. (:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I followed the instructions on Mod the Sims, but when I goto run it.

I get this message.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Did you extract ALL the files?

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Aura wrote:
Did you extract ALL the files?

Yep, the CasParts and CasTextureUnitool. I'm going to check my .NET framework. Have .NET Framework 2.0.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

You might have to ask on MTS2 for further help, I'm not sure because it worked just like that for me.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:23 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]