View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 The Sims 3: Showtime Announced!!! 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Re: The Sims 3: Showtime Announced!!!
SimGuruSnelson's post turns me off even MORE from the concept. Badges, big whoop-de-doo. The memories/scrapbook notification junk in Generations is so frickin' annoying I turned if off as soon as possible. I don't play the Sims to do Facebook-style crap.

The path the Sims 3 has taken has made me appreciate Sims 2 more than ever. Sims 3 has become nothing but a cash cow for EA to see how much money they can wring from us -- paying $5 for one store object, breaking up an expansion pack theme into two e.p.'s so you'll pay twice as much, calling a glorified stuff pack an expansion pack, and so on. I am so done with TS3.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:00 pm
come hither
come hither

I bet this ep is going to be way more watered down than the sims 1 superstar. Didn't sims 1 eps have boatloads of interactable objects or is my memory wrong?
And sims superstar had modeling right?
And like spa objects!!! How about they open up the spas or something! Ugh. No it's fine 3 careers and a 3 interactable objects is enough.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:15 pm
come hither
come hither

Simstat wrote:

The path the Sims 3 has taken has made me appreciate Sims 2 more than ever. Sims 3 has become nothing but a cash cow for EA to see how much money they can wring from us -- paying $5 for one store object, breaking up an expansion pack theme into two e.p.'s so you'll pay twice as much, calling a glorified stuff pack an expansion pack, and so on. I am so done with TS3.

I am SO close to installing windows on my Mac so I can play the sims 2 again... Sigh... I've never played sims 3 all through the night like I have the sims 2. And my sims 2 obsessive phases were way longer than mine are with the sims 3.

The only objects it pulled from eps to sell for extra cash were the baby objects from apartment life. Unlike now where packs as empty as generations hold back a neighborhood and a baby swing and expect to get an extra 30 dollars for both combined. When they could have easily been put in the ep!

On the other hand, I think 5 dollars for an object like a baby swing is more reasonable than 1 dollar for an object that adds nothing but a new style to the game(ie chairs, hairs, etc.)
Literally there are TODDler hairs in the store that cost a dollar! ridiculous.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:21 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I can understand everyone's frustrations with the EPs and the way EA is releasing them. I hardly play the Sims 3 for enjoyment anymore. I moved from being a "Sims Player" to machinima artist. I get the new EPs for the new interactions that I could use in my movies. It's a shame that EA has gone down this path. I've thought about installing the Sims 2 series onto my laptop too...if I can locate the base game. Those creators who worked on the Sims 2 (I forget their names) should've stucked with the Sims 3 and could've possibly avoided this issue that we all have.

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:02 am
come hither
come hither

Oh but I want to clarify that sims 3 pets was a step up from the sims 2 pets... so that was a pleasant surprise. But I don't see this pack comparing to sims superstar at all.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Justin much? wrote:
Oh but I want to clarify that sims 3 pets was a step up from the sims 2 pets... so that was a pleasant surprise. But I don't see this pack comparing to sims superstar at all.

Oh I completely agree on that!

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:39 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

yes they are cash cows... but, oh well.

if they release something you like, buy it. if release something you dont like, dont buy it.

i normally watch lazy game reviews gameplay vids and if they game does not look like it is worth all that money i just try and forget about the good features and wait for the next expansion.

i was wrong about ambitions though and someone bought it for me and it was excellent.

miss open for business and university though

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

"if they release something you like, buy it. if release something you dont like, dont buy it."

You're absolutely correct. I thought I'd really like Pets so I bought it. But it's turned into such a bug-fest that I haven't touched it for weeks. I'm just sad and fed up with the franchise. Will not be buying into it any more.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
I'm sad and fed up, but im also unfortunetly addicted.

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:10 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
I have the unfortunate trait of bein a completionist, so by the time TS3 is done and dusted and TS4 is on the horizon, I'll probably have all the expansion and stuff packs, whether I wanted them or not. :wha:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:14 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

that is a lot of money Jack :P

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
Draik wrote:
I have the unfortunate trait of bein a completionist, so by the time TS3 is done and dusted and TS4 is on the horizon, I'll probably have all the expansion and stuff packs, whether I wanted them or not. :wha:

I have this problem too.. I need help.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Justin much? wrote:

Looks like EA put every bit of their focus into making Pets the best it could be.

Lets hope they've done the same with Seasons so when it comes out it will be good.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:16 pm
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
Ugh this is so disappointing. I was gonna get back into The Sims 3 seeing as I'm getting a new laptop that can actually handle the game. But let's just take a look at that quote that Summer gave us. What happens to the features if we turn off the social side of it?

Spoiler:
Original:

Quote:
I’m SimGuruSnelson, aka Sarah Emily Nelson, one of the producers on The Sims 3 Showtime development team. We are very excited to reveal the newest expansion pack this week and have been reading all the activity on the forums. Thank you for all of your comments and questions!

We want to address a few of your questions today, and next week we will follow up with our first in-depth interview with Senior Designer, Aaron Conners. He will delve into more details about the features in The Sims 3 Showtime and answer even more of your questions.

The Sims 3 Showtime provides new careers for your Sims - Singer, Acrobat and Magician. There’s also a fun new skill object, the DJ Booth, which allows your Sims to moonlight as a DJ while your Sim is on their fantastic climb to stardom. You’ll be able to tell all-new stories in the new town of Starlight Shores where your Sims will be able to interact with new neighbors and discover a world full of new houses, objects, venues and custom stages. We are also introducing new social tools and a new achievement system, which you are free to opt in or out of at any time.

One of the new features we’re excited about in The Sims 3 Showtime is the capability of in-game messaging, so that you can communicate with your Simmer friends while you’re playing. If you prefer not to have this connected experience, then it’s easy enough to turn off this messaging.

We’re also adding a new achievement system where players can take on special challenges and as they accomplish each achievement, they will be awarded badges that will be shown off on their new player profile page.

Can you get your Sims to smooch 5 times by Valentine’s Day? Can you get your Sim to sell 50 albums, in the first week of Showtime? Players will have hundreds of achievements to accomplish from day one, but stay tuned as new achievements will be presented to The Sims 3 community even after Showtime is released.

SimPort is another major new connected feature introduced in Showtime. This allows players the ability to send their star Sim performers on tour to perform special shows in their friends’ towns. You can also invite your friends to send their Sims to perform for you. You can customize the stage in your venue with special themed backgrounds, props, lights and special effects before your friend's Sim arrives to make sure their performance is a hit with the other Sims who live in your town.

During the performance you can cheer (or jeer) your friend’s Sim while they perform and even throw stuff on stage—from flowers to rotten lettuce! The last thing you throw will go home with them and end up in their inventory!

SimPort is a complimentary experience that in no way diminishes the stories you can tell about your Sims rise to fame, should you choose not to participate. There are special rewards, however, for those who send their Sims on tour through SimPort, such as unlocking new stage props, backgrounds and costumes to make even more unique stories possible for your Sims. It is Showtime after all!

All of the social tools and associated gameplay is optional. If you want to share your Sims with your friends, that’s great! But, you certainly don’t need to, if it’s just not your thing.

Also, these features are an enhancement and expansion upon many of the online features that you’re likely already using in your The Sims 3 game, such as The Store, Memories, and the Community MyPage. Great care was taken to make sure that the systems are completely secure and adhere to strict privacy and security guidelines. There is no risk that your game will be affected by untested user created content or compromised data that could contain bugs or viruses. Sims who visit your town via SimPort will default to the traits, clothes, and objects that you have locally in your game.

The Sims 3 Showtime is all about performance, with new careers and content that lead players into telling a variety of different stories about their Sims’ rise to fame. The game is loaded with new objects, music, original songs and CAS pieces that give you the options to play in a variety of different ways. You can share those experiences and stories with your friends by posting to their Player Wall, both in-game and on the web, and by sending your Sims to do special performances in their worlds. It’s all up to you!

We want to create new ways for you to play – and play together – but it’s up to you to decide what is the most fun. And remember, you can only share with your friends, and it will be up to you to choose them, and up to you how (or even if) you want to interact with them.

Stay tuned for the designer interview with Aaron Conners next week. Thanks again for keeping the forums active and keep your questions coming. As always, we appreciate your support!

Keep Simming!
SimGuru Snelson

Disabled social integration:

Quote:
The Sims 3 Showtime provides new careers for your Sims - Singer, Acrobat and Magician. There’s also a fun new skill object, the DJ Booth, which allows your Sims to moonlight as a DJ while your Sim is on their fantastic climb to stardom. You’ll be able to tell all-new stories in the new town of Starlight Shores where your Sims will be able to interact with new neighbors and discover a world full of new houses, objects, venues and custom stages.

During the performance you can cheer (or jeer) your friend’s Sim while they perform and even throw stuff on stage—from flowers to rotten lettuce! The last thing you throw will go home with them and end up in their inventory!

The Sims 3 Showtime is all about performance, with new careers and content that lead players into telling a variety of different stories about their Sims’ rise to fame. The game is loaded with new objects, music, original songs and CAS pieces that give you the options to play in a variety of different ways.

Well, that's a lot shorter.

Also SimPort is redundant - isn't sharing and downloading other people's Sims what the exchange is for?

I could actually delete a further half of that quote seeing as the majority is just game-hype jargon which contains no information at all. ("You’ll be able to tell all-new stories in the new town of Starlight Shores where your Sims will be able to interact with new neighbors and discover a world full of new houses". Ooh we can tell "all-new stories"!?! And interact with "new neighbors"?!?! Wow, it's not like that was pointing out the obvious, omg I'm so fooled I want to give you all my money!)
All they say in new EPs these days is "Share a story yay!", don't they realise that for a lot of people the whole joy of the Sims is that you don't have to share, and that it's private and your own? Could they at least try to disguise their blatant attempt at getting some more money using half formed products? This EP is just ridiculous, I'd call it Late Night Part 2 but it's barely even a part.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Ode To That ^ I was thinking that as I was reading. That's what I said. 3 careers, and like an object. Sooo appealing, right?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:19 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
Sims 3 Showtime Goes Closed Beta in January!!

Does anyone got an invite from EA or are there just Sims fansite's that get the invite?? because so long Sims Neuws and SimsVIP got the Closed beta but i don't know any normal person that got one.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Two New Screenshots and some new Info

Spoiler:
Image Image

Become an acrobat in The Sims 3 Showtime
4 new careers available to you in The Sims 3 Showtime: singer, acrobat, magician and DJ

By choosing a career as an acrobat, you can develop unique skills:

Your Sim Acrobat begin his career as a street mime and earn tips through small towers. As you progress, new items, locations and costumes will be released to help him make a real career as an artist!

When it starts to make a name, your Sims can showcase their talents in venues and perform new tricks such as flips or balance on a ball.

Finally, when it became a real star, your Sim will have the opportunity to perform in huge arenas where they can demonstrate with ease all his skills as an acrobat on a stage completely customized to his needs!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Wow, I'm surpised they didn't say anything about Social Integration.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:16 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Wow! New info and not rumors about Lady Gaga! :ton:

Quote:
Amaze the Audience with Your Talents as a Magician or Singer in The Sims 3 Showtime

Become the star of the show in The Sims 3 Showtime. Perform tricks and sing your way to fame in Starlight Shores, an all-new world that showcases your Sims’ hidden talents as they go from small town heroes to larger than life performers.As a magician, your Sim begins their career on the streets performing magic tricks for tips. They’ll visit new venues and meet with the owners to book larger gigs and gain experience. Magicians have unique social interactions that give them the ability to perform small-scale tricks on other Sims such as pulling a coin from an ear and making butterflies and doves magically appear. As magicians level up, they acquire new objects that can be used on-stage. For some magical fun, your Sims can use the Box of Mystery to perform the “swords of destiny” by carefully placing knives through the box without stabbing the Sim inside. Beware the Box of Danger! If a Sim fails at correctly executing their tricks with this object, death may come calling.

Singers are unique in the game as they can accept paying jobs such as performing singing telegrams to gain experience. Singing telegrams are also a social feature, and the types of jobs your Sims will receive will directly correlate to the happenings around town. If a Sim in town has just lost their job, cheer them up. If it’s a Sim’s birthday, sing them a song. Like the other careers, singers can also take their talents to the public performing for tips in parks and local hang-outs. As singers progress, stage props, costumes and new songs will be unlocked to help them look the part and sing a variety of tunes. Singers will want to make it to the top to star in their very own big venue concert.

In addition, all careers – acrobat, magician and singer –will unlock special objects and outfits directly relating to that career. All outfits can be customised in Create a Sim to match the look of the venue and stage for your Sim’s performance. Also, all careers are able to participate in SimFest – a giant talent show for acrobats, magicians and singers to compete against one another in town. For Sims who particularly love a challenge, a new dual interaction is available in-game for Sims to compete against one another outside of SimFest.

Spoiler:
IS THAT A RESTURANT OR A CAFE?? I REALLY HOPE IT IS!!

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

*yawns*

Should have been in Late Night.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next