View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Sims 3: Showtime! (Rumors and Images Thread!) 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Post Re: The Sims 3: Showtime! (Rumors and Images Thread!)
I don't think that trailer is legit. The Sims has never done a "trailer" without actual in-game footage. I expect that it is either fake, or like munch said, a concept video that was used to pitch the idea.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Hi everybody, I'm new, I just joined here! :) (this looks like a place to be, lol)

Have you guys seen this? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zino1ZbhASI
Now, that they use real people in ads, it makes me wonder about The Sims 3: Showtime.. :D

I just don't see one thing.. how can 'ZOO' and things like that possibly fit together with
'Social Media' ? I mean, EA would never put so many things in one expansion, would they?
(Well I can tell for sure, if they would, price would be 100$..) They said, they're doing something
new. We kinda did have the sports for TS2, right? I hope, that 'Social Media' turns out to be
true. I can only imagine how buggy awesome the game would be, if we could go into a
friend's game! Well, only time will show, right? I mean, I don't really expect to get any official announcement for
EP6 until after MSS is released.. Oh, and the last thing, I read about an EA interview somewhere, and EA said,
that EP6 logo is going to be black, with sparkles and with yellow text (they gave kinda spoiler). Well, from
what I've heard so far this sounds true... What do you think, guys?

EDIT; okay, so I found where I read about the logo. http://simsvip.com/?p=2787
I know, I know.. SimsVIP is not very reliable, but I mean, they did post this in August..
unless they made it up already back then, and now are realizing their rumors, LOL. (not likely)

Last edited by Talent on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:33 am, edited 7 times in total.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:42 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

On another note, I think it would be pretty awesome to have the option for sims (cpu controlled) from other peoples games to visit your neighbourhood (and you could interact fully with them) like how other players aliens enter your galaxy in spore. That would be a type of sim mmo I could get behind.

The only problem is I get the shivers just thinking about all the bugs such a feature would introduce. :wha:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

I mean for me personally, I'm excited for what this EP will bring based upon the title of it alone. I know this may sound odd, however I am all for being able to play with elements in the game which may include singing, dancing, comedy, magic, and maybe even sports since, in a sense games are shows, they are just of a different nature.

I can't wait for some information to leak out. I think this has the potential to be a great ep.

Can't say I'm not dissapointed that we're going on EP 6 and we don't have seasons and weather. I'm kinda clam about it since I just started 3 up in May, so it's not that bad, however had I been playing 3 since debut I'd be lividly pissed off right around now. EP7 better be Seasons/Weather style EP or I swear I will be so mad.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:18 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
it's announced!!!

Quote:
The Sims ™ 3 Showtime Limited Edition

• Limited Edition Exclusive content: Get a local stage and a bonus for your Sims! • Get the stage and place exclusive

• Give your Sims the stage and place unique to them to do the best performance of their lives! Live a story of upward mobility with your Sims and keep connected with friends! Try the climb to stardom while your Sim is available in several locations. And for the first time, The Sims 3 Showtime presents social resources, including the Passport, a new feature that lets you send your Sims game to a friend! There, your Sim can present at the site of his friend to your Sims! You’ll also be able to chat with friends and post messages and images in the murals of them.

KEY FEATURES

• Your Sims can live your dreams as singers, performance artists, DJs and Magic See them rising to fame, or failing, as they have for other Sims.

• New social features: chat with friends, post them on the murals, create status updates and lists of friends.

• Send your Sims game for a friend and bring it to your Sim game!

• Create your own site! Build a sophisticated venue, a huge stadium or an indie music club. The way the stage is built influence the performance and progress of career of your Sims.

• Get a local and a bonus stage to present your Sims on the Limited Edition!

ImageImage

thanks SimVIP for the information! http://simsvip.com/?p=3932

Last edited by SimsTias on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I can’t say that this sounds super exciting, we’ve got no interest in the Social Networking side at all, nor the ‘send your Sims to someone else’s game’ bit… We’d rather they get it so our Sims can move between cities without loosing all their relationships. Surely you can already share Sims via the exchange? I don’t believe for a minute that they’ve improved the system! I bet once the Sim visit's another game it looses all it's relationships, etc., in your game!

The Super Star side sounds like an attempt to cash in on shows like X-Factor, etc. which are dying a death here in the UK as we are all sick of reality shows! I suspect this will be a bit of a flop (at least here in the UK)...

It sounds very limited in it’s appeal and scope, more like a small part of what should've been a larger EP…

We will wait until it’s on sale at Amazon.co.uk for under a tenner (£10)…

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:50 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

LOL. And there were still people arguing that trailer was fake with absolute certainty.

:gig:

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:53 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
From the new description, I think I have less interest in this EP than I did in WA. First of all, I hate reality shows like X Factor, American Idol, etc. Secondly, I have no desire to send my sim to someone else's game or feel the need to bring someone's sim into mine. So far, it sounds like a huge letdown to me. I would have rather had something more like Open for Business or, like everyone else, Seasons. :sad:

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

sounds good to me.

the sim to another game thing will only be good if you can ACTUALLY interact with your friend online. like they pick up the cheese and you see them do it. would be better with multiple friends but probs not.

if it only works like sims social where u dont even interact with them this feature will only be used to check out ya family and then leave quickly.

sounds interesting i must say though.

and of course im interesting in all the performing

glad to be interested for a change, it does feel like an expansion pack to an expansion pack though, what late night should have had

open for business next
then seasons

then sims 4!

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Sounds like utter shit. There better be some great features lurking in this EP, because this is not only Late Night left overs, but also a complete Superstar remake. Blah.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

NEXT...

I'm really not sure on this one at all. It looks kind of interesting... I'm just really not confident with what we're given right now. If these are the features; I need to wait for a trailer release before I can make any final judgements. My judgements on Generations was right before so...

Seasons is sooooo overdue...

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:49 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
How on Earth do they plan on justifying this as an expansion pack? The theme is... performing? There's not a lot you can do with that to make it worth $50.
Although I'm hoping that EA are releasing a crappy EP so they can focus their efforts on making the next one as good as possible, like they did with Generations and Pets.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:59 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

I'm back after a long absence but I'd like to say I'm glad they are finally bringing back the singing aspect. It will help with bands. I don't care for the social internet aspect but that will be opitional.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:26 am
Enchantment
Enchantment

Name: Lauren
This is a joke right? Updating my SIM'S facebook status? God, it's almost insulting what they're trying to make us buy for 50 dollars. Can you PLEASE just give us seasons already, it's what everyone is asking for!

And Swat I totally agree, this is a lame Late night leftovers mixed with a bad superstar.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:15 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
ℓaurenღ wrote:
This is a joke right? Updating my SIM'S facebook status? God, it's almost insulting what they're trying to make us buy for 50 dollars. Can you PLEASE just give us seasons already, it's what everyone is asking for!

And Swat I totally agree, this is a lame Late night leftovers mixed with a bad superstar.

Mhm. I just don't get it though. This is supposed to be a completely new idea, like Ambitions and Generations (whereas WA, LN, and PETS were remakes). 1). That's such a superstar remake, and 2). We already have SimSocial, and soon The Sims FreePlay. That's not a new idea at all. And the game hopping is just stupid. We've had that since Base Game, day one, aka the exchange. Whatever. Seasons will be next, theres no way it won't be.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm
Enchantment
Enchantment

Name: Lauren
Seasons better be next, I'm getting mad enough at EA that I'm losing interest in The Sims altogether.

Offtopic: What is The Sims FreePlay?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:13 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Like The Sims Social but you have to pay for everything.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:41 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

u guys need to see the gameplay first before complaining about what you're payingfor

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

munch wrote:
u guys need to see the gameplay first before complaining about what you're payingfor

People said similar things about Generations in the beginning.

They were so convinced that there was a whole lot more to the EP than what was given to us in that short description in the beginning. There wasn't.

This is pretty much the same deal here. Although I have a lot more faith in this EP than I did in Generations. If it's a proper Superstar remake, that's still way better than Generations.

Although the social networking stuff is not appealing to me in the least.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:58 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I dislike the apparent web-based core of this EP. I think some will absolutely love it but I don't see it appealing a large part of the community.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next