View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Project: Pleasantview 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
Post Re: Sims 2 to Sims 3 UBER-megahood
Offtopic: Isn't it great :gig:

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:55 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Wow, just wow, this is a big job.

I'm loving looking at the picture updates, whenever I see one of my favorite starter houses I have a severe nostalgia attack.

I like that you've redesigned downtown, I never liked how grey and blah it was, even though the lots still made me have my sims live there alot.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you do strangetown, as that was one of my favorites, seems odd for it to be beach sandy rather that desert sandy but you need something to make the transition less abrupt and the island approach probably works as well or better with the rest of your neighbourhood then having a forest or small mountain range to seperate it. Probably easier too.

Just curious about how your going to handle all the alien pregnancies, are you just going to write them out and leave the curious brothers as are or fast forward alittle and make some green toddlers? something else?

Whatever you go with I'm really looking forward to this. :yeah:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:02 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
I... really didn't think about the alien pregancies. As far as I know you can't export a world with pregnant sims, so I'll either have to set the beginning of the world a few days after their TS2 counterparts or include a save file with the pregnant sims inside. Then again, I have no idea how the baby's skintone gets chosen between two different sliders so there might only be a 50% chance of it being green...
I might have to jump forward a day or two from the TS2 story. Just pretend that 7 human years is 3 sim days. :shift:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:14 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I like Ab's idea by having them as green toddlers. Simple solution. :nod:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:48 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Profplumbob wrote:
I like Ab's idea by having them as green toddlers. Simple solution. :nod:

That's what EA did in Hidden Springs, anyways xD

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

That's what sims 2 aliens always were XD sims with green skin and black eyes. debug and voila! you could make a fully functioning alien XD

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:34 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

I put aside some time to continue! Yay!
I have my extension english exam on Monday, and then an 11 day gap until my Hospitality one. After that I'll be job hunting and then working like crazy to get as much money saved up as possible for the first few jobless months at Uni (as well as the new Toy Story toys... :shift: International shipping from the UK requires a buttload of money)
So I basically have 11 free days of nothing, and I'll be devoting the majority of them to this. I'm hoping to get the rest of Pleasantview built, finish some more of the Downtown buildings, specifically the rabbit hole lots that I'll have to blend in with the regular buildings, and get a considerable chunk of Bluewater Village done. I also have to start work on terrain sculpting and painting, because at the moment the world looks terrible.

I also got a new laptop that can actually run a game that was made after the early 2000's, so now I'll be able to run TS2 on my dektop and CAW on my laptop rather than running them both on my desktop and having to put up with some considerable lag.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:07 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Draik wrote:
I put aside some time to continue! Yay!
I have my extension english exam on Monday, and then an 11 day gap until my Hospitality one. After that I'll be job hunting and then working like crazy to get as much money saved up as possible for the first few jobless months at Uni (as well as the new Toy Story toys... :shift: International shipping from the UK requires a buttload of money)
So I basically have 11 free days of nothing, and I'll be devoting the majority of them to this. I'm hoping to get the rest of Pleasantview built, finish some more of the Downtown buildings, specifically the rabbit hole lots that I'll have to blend in with the regular buildings, and get a considerable chunk of Bluewater Village done. I also have to start work on terrain sculpting and painting, because at the moment the world looks terrible.

I also got a new laptop that can actually run a game that was made after the early 2000's, so now I'll be able to run TS2 on my dektop and CAW on my laptop rather than running them both on my desktop and having to put up with some considerable lag.

Sounds great! I'm going to enjoy a similar gap when I get my Wizdom teeth out on the 8th. We have school off on the 8th, 10th, 11th. We have school on the 9th, a Wednesday, but no one is going, lol. So 6 day weekend for me! Sims & Ice Cream & Looking up Colleges.. haha.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:25 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Very small update!
I haven't had as much free time as I thought I would. Regardless, I set aside a few hours last night and got 2 remade and 1 new building out of the way.
Spoiler:
I honestly can't remember what this place is called. It's an internet cafe though.

Here's the Lost in Love Hedge Maze, finally completed. Because we still don't have diagonal pools in TS3, and the rules for curved walls bring placed next to each other are stupid so I had to put the loveheart pool on a weird angle.

Here's a new building, Khufu's Krazy Multipurpose Arena. It's not entire finished yet, but I am liking how it's looking so far. There's a story behind the oblisks, believe me.

An updated view of Downtown, looking over the other islands. I'm still outrageously unhappy with the terrain but I can't seem to pull together enough willingness to start painting/terraforming it properly.

It was 3am, it was dark and silent and I was tired and about to finish playtesting the new buildings, and then Bella just went and looked straight at me. Creeped the hell out of me.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:40 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Update? UPDATEE!! Lovin it! I really like the utilization of the oblisks, despite me not knowing the story. They match quite well. And don't worry about the pond of love. Itztupid anyways (The idea, but your recreation looks great, trust me!)

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:25 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

UPPPDAATTTEEEE :D:D:D:D:D
alright, with that out of the way:
Bella is creepy and your terrain looks better than anything i ever did in CAW... lolz

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:36 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Post Re: Project: Pleasantview
I'm renaming this whole thing from Sims 2 to Sims 3 UBER-Megahood to Project: Pleasantview!
While I'd like to say that I thought of the new name while actually working on it, it came to me while I was half asleep in the shower this morning. And by 'this morning' I mean 2pm because I severely overslept. Finishing school isn't as glamourous as it seems. :no:

Anyway, I'm looking into starting up a blog or website for Project: Pleasantview. It sure would help me find the incentive to work on it if I know that I'm paying for a domain name.
www.projectpleasantview.net sound quite good... I have no idea why .net, .com reads as being too formal. Eh, I'll figure something out later. Back to building!

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:36 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Wow, these pictures make me miss the Sims 2 sooooooo badly. Sometimes, I wish I had reinstalled the Sims 2 series on my new computer and praying that it worked. I had issues shortly after mansion and garden stuff and it didn't play again. I wonder soemtimes if the disc error had to do with the drive itself, although the PC doctor said it was fine. IDK, all I know is I especially miss the "barbie" house referred to here in picture 2. I had remodeled that house to absolute gorgeous perfection. It my was Simo families home who owned a full out awesome grocery store that I had running perfectly.

Oh god I miss the Sims 2. I got a belly ache now. :(

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:05 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Oh, I know that feeling too well. The urge to stop what I was doing while remaking all the Pleasantview houses and just play TS2 again was ridiculously strong.
I've been looking into getting some web hosting going as well. $30 for the domain name, security and 3 months hosting is the cheapest I can find, which is pretty good compared to some of the other costs I've seen.

Also, 55 inch sims are best sims!

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:21 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
how do you sit on that chair and look at that screen?! :/

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:01 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I can't wait to see what this looks like when it's finished! It looks so great!

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:19 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Uhm, hi. I've been following (stalking?) this board for the past couple weeks, and it's been about a month since the last update. I was wondering if there was any hope of this being finished?

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:00 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Phew, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've set up a Wordpress page that I'll be updating on - I want to keep a kind of journal of sorts running, and a blog works better than a forum topic. This way I'll be able to get some support and interest from the TS3 forums without having to keep two or more seperate update posts on either forum.
Anyway, the link's attached to my new signature bar thing, or you can get to it by clicking here. I'll have the Downtown townhouses done hopefully by January 3rd, so bookmark/subscribe whatever if you want to keep up with the updates. I'll post them here as well, of course, but there'll probably be more pictures/info on the blog.
Go like it on Facebook as well, because I'll announce updates through the page.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:57 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Is this projects going to be continued? Screenshots look amazing, and it seems like you pou a LOT of work into it. It's too good to be discontinued! :no:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

It is May 12 2014, people are waiting for Sims 4 to come out, but is that any reason to stop Sims 3 projects?
So with that said I'm asking if this Project has been canceled? if You have decided to stop working on this Project for what ever reasons (IRL, Time, Sims 4) then is it possible to put upload Your Caw files to this Project and Ask those who still love the Sims and this Project to help finish it. Let Us Not Let this Project Disappear into the past, lets keep this alive for users in the near future Please?

Tue May 13, 2014 4:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next