View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Sims 3: Showtime! (Rumors and Images Thread!) 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Post Re: The Sims 3: Showtime! (Rumors and Images Thread!)
You guys need to stop taking that description seriously.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:53 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Showtime?

Meh...I'll wait for the official description before I post my thoughts lol :laugh:

I was really hoping that Seasons would be the 6th Expansion pack :cry: Next Spring is the perfect time.

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:37 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I agree and disagree with you. For jobs, it makes complete sense. Groceries and bookstore? Acceptable, absolutely. But the diner? Just kind of annoying. However, appoloosa plains has THE BEST looking rabbi holes, don't for get that. It works very nicely for that.

But no, they won't exist for Sims 4. Expecially with tsome of the cool things they have let us see. However, he horse center is a huge let down.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:56 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
I still don't understand how a zoo rabbit hole would work, considering that zoos are usually enormous and open-aired rather than smaller than 64x64 squares and enclosed because EA are too lazy to put the proper effort in.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:38 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Draik wrote:
I still don't understand how a zoo rabbit hole would work, considering that zoos are usually enormous and open-aired rather than smaller than 64x64 squares and enclosed because EA are too lazy to put the proper effort in.

NOT trying to defend EA but i've heard of an indoor zoo. Either way, stupid. We're going too much off this most likely fake description.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:41 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Swatme101 wrote:
For jobs, it makes complete sense. Groceries and bookstore? Acceptable, absolutely. But the diner? Just kind of annoying.

If it doesn't make sense for the diner then it certainly doesn't make sense for the grocery store or bookstore. They're similar beasts. (they're all commercial)

For Jobs & School it makes sense.....but poor sense. (Sense in a "uh...we don't REALLY want to have do that....." kind of way) They have made some steps towards opening up careers/schools though with professions so hopefully for the sims 4 they'll go one step further.

Every other kind of rabbit hole is completely unacceptable. If I want to be told what my characters are doing rather then seeing it with my own eyes I'll get one of those table top role play games instead.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Sabrewulf238 wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:
For jobs, it makes complete sense. Groceries and bookstore? Acceptable, absolutely. But the diner? Just kind of annoying.

If it doesn't make sense for the diner then it certainly doesn't make sense for the grocery store or bookstore. They're similar beasts. (they're all commercial)

For Jobs & School it makes sense.....but poor sense. (Sense in a "uh...we don't REALLY want to have do that....." kind of way) They have made some steps towards opening up careers/schools though with professions so hopefully for the sims 4 they'll go one step further.

Every other kind of rabbit hole is completely unacceptable. If I want to be told what my characters are doing rather then seeing it with my own eyes I'll get one of those table top role play games instead.

Very, very true. But yeah, I'm thinking Sims 4 will be more GTA then it's been. I just wonder what implications that will gave on timing, because Rabbit Holes make up for a lot of time vs. animation problems. Will time be different in Sims 4? The problem is breeching MPG vs. Simulation game. They need to take their pick.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

In EA's defence (a phrase I never thought I'd ever utter in my lifetime...) they have tried to open up some of the stupider rabbit holes through the register system. Granted, it's ridiculously basic but at least we can make our own cafes or bistros that at least function a tiny bit the way they should.

Back on topic though, I'm hoping that if this expansion pack does have a circus and a zoo and all that, we get sub-hoods back. A carnival town would work nicely with the information we've been given so far and while it would be fun for a while I don't see it working as an independant world in the long run.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:55 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Draik wrote:
In EA's defence (a phrase I never thought I'd ever utter in my lifetime...) they have tried to open up some of the stupider rabbit holes through the register system. Granted, it's ridiculously basic but at least we can make our own cafes or bistros that at least function a tiny bit the way they should.

Back on topic though, I'm hoping that if this expansion pack does have a circus and a zoo and all that, we get sub-hoods back. A carnival town would work nicely with the information we've been given so far and while it would be fun for a while I don't see it working as an independant world in the long run.

Oooh... Someone being brave and actually asking for a sub-neighbourhood. Are simmers wanting sub-neighbourhoods to return?

The plot thickens..

I'm not trying to be rude by the way :nod: .

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:35 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

To be honest, before we understood how Sims 3 worked, before CAW, before all of that, I REALLY thought EA would add on to Sunset Valley (keep in mind, I didn't realize that neighborhoods were actually very Similar to Sims 2 neighborhoods in nature.) I saw all that winding road and was like "surely they'll add somthing there!!!"

In Sims 3, I think the way a sub-hood would work is you'd have to travel to it, but it'd still be attached to the world. However, you can only have one part loaded at once, so you pick whoever's going, and the base neighborhood fades / goes away to load another part.

I don't think EA will add subhoods, however. With Late Night, we clearly see that Downtown would not be added as a visitable downtown. It was a seprate, standalone world. One that I haven't played very much!

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:37 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Fake Showtime Trailer?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmgt61_fake-showtime-trailer_videogames?start=4#from=embediframe

Hmm....

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:54 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

I just saw this on SimPrograms... really confused / lost.

See, that is definately from EA interanally, but just ISN'T expansion pack material... seems more like a promo, you know? But the voice over is legit, but what it said is just like.. wah?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:42 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

The boxart looks semi-legitimate as well, there are a couple of renders re-used from Late Night but the rest look new.
The fact that EA pulled it down from YouTube confuses the issue even more...

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

That trailer...seems really silly.

I'm not big into social media, so if that's what this is about I'm not even going to consider this expansion.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:30 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Guys, I think we've hit a new scenario in our relationship with EA. Has anything like this every happened? Theres no way that's an actual expansion pack... but the legitamacy of it.. it's just too weird. But we all know it's not gonna happen like that. OY. And hey, how is that at all specficially appealing to males?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:12 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

That trailer wouldn't play for me completely, but the fact that it includes logos for "The X Factor" and "American Idol" screams FAKE to me. EA would have to pay big bucks to use those even in a promo, and I can't see them doing that. Having Sims sing and so forth in a competition also sounds silly, because how can you judge Simlish???

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:16 pm
Enchantment
Enchantment

Name: Lauren
Well, I have to admit, for a "fake" trailer, that was well done. But I don't believe EA would make a trailer for an expansion pack with only real-life clips and no sims? Plus all that social media stuff is crap.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:58 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I'm one who believes that trailer is not actually fake. It's just leaked - TRUTHFULLY leaked before they wanted it to be. Unlike the Generations and Pets trailers 'leaked' at the same time (which was likely not a mistake), this one was actually leaked to us, therefore it wasn't ever meant to be seen by us at all. This explains a lot of things.

To me the overall presentation, the design and animation of the logo (which is very much professional on the level of EA), the voice over, and the new renders shown on the box art make this too much to be blatantly fake.

The thing is that it was leaked to us. It was never meant to be seen by us. It's a very preliminary trailer using live-action clips (because The Sims versions haven't been created yet) and using a non-final boxart.

EA having it removed ASAP (this didn't happen quite so fast with the 'Unleashed' and Generations trailers) also puts forth support toward this claim.

I know, I know... It seems ridiculous, but when you look at it, it's actually more unlikely that it is fake than it is that it is real. If it is fake, somebody really knows how to emulate EA's styles and honestly who in the world would have all of the resources, time, and WILL to go through all of that the same day that the name 'Showtime' was first shown to us - that's right, this video was originally uploaded on the very same day that the name 'Showtime' was starting to show up.

If somebody really did do all of that just to troll us, they're really darn good at it. If it was somebody faking it I'd actually believe that they would have used footage from Late Night instead of live-action clips because they'd want to make it believable - if you know what I mean. This trailer isn't supposed to be believable to us. It was never meant to be seen by us.

I'm just hoping that the showing of Late Night instruments means that NEW instruments be put in their place for the real boxart.

Also... the content seems believable as well. I don't want The Sims to turn into a Facebook game anymore than the rest of you do, but the signs were already there with Generations and the memories prompting you to post them on Facebook all of the time. EA has very much expressed a desire to go toward this direction. As long as Showtime has more to it than Facebook features I'll be interested in it myself, though.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:17 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Radiant wrote:
If it was somebody faking it I'd actually believe that they would have used footage from Late Night instead of live-action clips because they'd want to make it believable

Wouldn't using footage from late night be counter productive for the trolling person though? Those with a keen eye would notice the connection and shoot it down in seconds.

It's a sad path The Sims is going down for sure, I'm wondering if maybe someday there will be a proper challenger to the Sims throne. If it was good enough I'd probably leave the sims fairly quick.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:07 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

this sure is a strange event.

if it is legit i reckon it was a pitch video sent from the sims office to head of EA to try and get a game produced, maybe they do these early videos with every expansion.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next