View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:29 am




Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Probably Calling it Quits after Pets 
Author Message
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:42 am
Posts: 465
Location: Canada (god it's freaking cold)
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Post Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
Hey guys this is a huge EA rant. It's a long post :laugh: .

Perhaps this is in the wrong forums but ever since Generations and its latest patch came out I have been struggling with my game. At first I couldn't even get it to work; it would crash on me right away after I had started playing. Then I discovered that I had to adjust the DEP settings in order to overcome that issue. Although I have never heard of anyone in my life that had to adjust DEP settings for a computer game (and I know a few computer nerds!), I did so and it worked. Now my game is constantly giving me Error Code 12/13/14/15/16 when I try to save and still crashing once in a blue moon. I have literally tried every trick in the book for those fucking error codes and I am fully updated and have all of the EP's and SP's.

I've been a loyal customer to the Sims franchise since TS1. Everyday there are 20 new threads made in the TS3 forums about a new glitch that they are experiencing since installing Generations or the new update. And the error codes that I'm experiencing has apparently been an issue since World Adventures' release so I'm really experiencing a bug that's over 2 years old. This is just unacceptable!

EA needs to straighten up and iron out some of these bugs because tons of players can't even play the game that they paid for! There are also bugs leftover from LN that are still breaking people's games. This just grinds my gears because I have never heard of a gaming company that refuses to take responsibility for releasing an extremely buggy piece of software. Even if EA said "hey we're aware of the issues and comming out with a patch", it would be a relief. Instead we are told that the "Pets" EP is going to be released in the fall and that "Town Life" is comming out some time this summer.

The customers have been treated like shit. What I just mentioned is a "slap in the face" to the customers because instead of fixing game-breaking issues (such as the issues surrounding the DEP settings or the 2 year old error codes), EA just wants more of our money :stare: . EA claimed to listen to their players when they released Generations; they should listen to us now considering that there are hundreds of threads created everyday in the TS3 forums that are about issues with the game since the latest patch/generations. The proof is in the technical forums of the TS3 site.

What I'm going to do is actually boycot EA until I get my money's worth. They aren't getting a penny of mine until they straighten out the issues with TS3. I can't even play my game without worrying about error codes. So I'm going to wait and see for the upcomming games released in the TS3 franchise. I don't want to add anymore game-breaking bugs ontop of the one that I'm experiencing now and I have a strong feeling that Pets will surely bring a big glitch or two. If I don't see any glitches ironed out after Pets is released, I am giving up on the TS3 franchise until I can legitimately play my game.

I'm really unhappy with the way EA has treated their customers. Shareholders > customers.

_________________
Abraxis wrote:
I hope you all get AIDS and die.


Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:52 pm
Profile
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:28 am
Posts: 6961
Location: New Jersey
Name: Derek
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
I almost agree with you. The thing is, I've been happy to this point. The 1.22 patch completely raped my game, and I can't decide whether it's the patch or the save file. I've completely destroyed my neighborhood and started over, and some of the problem has gone away. I've had to adjust my DEP settings, too, and windows is still quitting my game. I have a feeling, seeing as though you too have had to deal with DEP, that the patch has created the problem. I think I may have gotten rid of it (by starting over :no: ) but before it was a Windows Vista unresponsive program dialog. The game would go white, and a popup saying "The Sims 3 has become unresponsive and needs to close." So annoying. I just REALLY hope a patch comes out. Because this is such shit. :(

_________________
Image
Image
>>> Check Out The Casper Legacy!


Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:06 am
Profile
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 pm
Posts: 2008
Location: England
Name: Charlie
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
Ive just read your whole post and agree with it, but sadly, even if you do boycott, it won't make a difference to EA. They have 10000 more customers who will continue to buy. If it happens for long enough, people will eventually realise they're being screwed over and forgot about the franchise all together... Maybe by sims 4 sales will be severely damages by what the sims 3 has done to the franchise.


Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:55 pm
Profile
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:42 am
Posts: 465
Location: Canada (god it's freaking cold)
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
Charlie wrote:
Ive just read your whole post and agree with it, but sadly, even if you do boycott, it won't make a difference to EA. They have 10000 more customers who will continue to buy. If it happens for long enough, people will eventually realise they're being screwed over and forgot about the franchise all together... Maybe by sims 4 sales will be severely damages by what the sims 3 has done to the franchise.


Yeah.. I do realize that I alone boycotting them won't make a difference; I never expected it to. But what I can do is spend my money elsewhere. I don't mean to sound like a snob but I have received better customer service from other gaming companies (Firaxis - Civilization 5; Rockstar, Valve just to name a few) and I expect to be able to play the games that I purchased like I have done with the other gaming companies. I'm wondering why EA can't deliver this kind of service when I have been purchasing their TS3 games and yet I still wind up with major bugs (such as crashing) after they release a new EP/patch.

I was lucky enough to be spared all of the game-breaking bugs/glitches up until this point. My PC computer was purchased/upgraded for gaming purposes. I know that it can't be my computer; especially seeing that there are tons of new bugs being reported everyday on the TS3 technical forums. Someone even phoned customer service and they even referred them to the technical forums because the game designers frequently visit it..... I call bull shit on that. But you know it's bad when their own customer service agents refer you to the forums in hopes that a game designer will happen to be on there.

I'm pretty much calling it quits until EA starts cleaning up TS3. Otherwise I'll just be getting frustrated over problems that need to be fixed by the gaming company itself (such as error codes 10-16). It's my money, so I'll do what I want with it obviously :laugh: . But I honestly love the community that TS3 has. TS3 has inspired a lot in terms of the creative department and whatnot and outside of TS3's official forums (just b/c the official forums are too crazy for me) the community gets together to try and create something new like storytelling, CC, etc.

When I was/still am having technical difficulties it was definitely the TS3 community, not EA, that tried to give me solutions to my problems. I couldn't even get through to customer service by the way. But my money isn't going to the TS3 community and that's where I feel that EA is screwing up. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a mod out there that tried to fix some bugs that came with LN? If so, that's definitely a red flag that indicates that EA isn't producing good-quality work because someone in the community made a "patch" that addresses bugs in the game for free.

I'm not trying to manipulate or try to sway anyone's opinions here. I just feel that my point of view is worth sharing since my simming experience may come to an end. Bottom-line: I think that EA was definitely the wrong company to handle the TS3 franchise.

_________________
Abraxis wrote:
I hope you all get AIDS and die.


Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:20 am
Profile
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:16 am
Posts: 256
Name: Cate
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
I sympathize with you and those who have had bugs/issues. I've had game issues ever since I loaded generations into my sims game. I've talked and emailed EA customer support. The email one said for me to reinstall everything and the chat one told me to shut down every application running on my computer. I was upset when they referred me to a Windows help link when I have a Mac... Um... then why did I take the time to fill out the mini-questionaire if the online customer support doesn't read what OS I use? He apologized and then gave me Mac directions. Told me to go to Activity Monitor and shut down EVERY application and only keep basics like Finder, login, etc. In the middle of me doing what the support guy said my Mac locked up on me and I had to manually shut it off. EA customer support service sucks, they obviously don't know what they are doing and just direct you to technical how-to steps manually already written and in linked files (and big surprise... they don't work). Oh, and before my Mac crashed on me, they support person said shutting down all the applications to try to play would just be a TEMPORARY fix. Wtf? You mean to say I have to shut down/log off every app on Mac (I have a good list of stuff) every time I want to try to play sims?

The only expansions I'm looking forward too is Pets and Weather and that's it out of my pocket. We know every expansion pack comes with bugs/issues but the sims team seems to be getting sloppier with each release. Not only that they need to fix some interactions such as being invited to a pool/swimwear party and there is no pool (not even a sprinkler), waiting outside houses for a few hours just waiting to be let in, the elevator wait time is ridiculous, and I could go on and on but I'll probably get more upset. :stare:

_________________


Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:20 pm
Profile
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:01 am
Posts: 585
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
i dont think your boycotting will effect EA but glitch wise i understand. I'm thinking of just installing the sims 3 base game on my computer for the same reasons


EA are so lucky they bagged such a good game. treat it nicely though ea

_________________
www.nathanviney.com


Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Roomie
Roomie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:11 am
Posts: 64
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Roleplay: Shiloh Monroe
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
...If I boycott too, can I still play the Sims 2 games I already own?

_________________
Looked out with just a dollar fifty and I'm homeless for the day
I was lonely and cold so I walked down to the train station just to pass the time away
Wasted time, wasted day, wasted year
All I know is that I'm growing up so fast and it's scary as hell and I've got to get out of here!


Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:52 am
Profile
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 pm
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
I'm surprised there's some people having problems with this game :huh: I'm glad I don't have problems with TS3 :happy: , That's no fun
when you can't play. :sad:


Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:03 am
Profile
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:28 am
Posts: 6961
Location: New Jersey
Name: Derek
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
I generally never have a problem with the game but I'm well aware of the problems and tottally understand where where people are coming from. However, I feel that "boycotting" is pointless, will go no where, and is wasted tome that could go towards a self-found solution. There are soo many other players experiencing the same shit and there is almost ALWAYS a solution for reasonable and repeated problems.

_________________
Image
Image
>>> Check Out The Casper Legacy!


Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:11 am
Profile
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:42 am
Posts: 465
Location: Canada (god it's freaking cold)
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
Swatme101 wrote:
I generally never have a problem with the game but I'm well aware of the problems and tottally understand where where people are coming from. However, I feel that "boycotting" is pointless, will go no where, and is wasted tome that could go towards a self-found solution. There are soo many other players experiencing the same shit and there is almost ALWAYS a solution for reasonable and repeated problems.


Why should I waste my time trying to fix a game when I could be playing another one that doesn't have game-crippling glitches?

_________________
Abraxis wrote:
I hope you all get AIDS and die.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:33 am
Profile
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:28 am
Posts: 6961
Location: New Jersey
Name: Derek
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
Scryer wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:
I generally never have a problem with the game but I'm well aware of the problems and tottally understand where where people are coming from. However, I feel that "boycotting" is pointless, will go no where, and is wasted tome that could go towards a self-found solution. There are soo many other players experiencing the same shit and there is almost ALWAYS a solution for reasonable and repeated problems.


Why should I waste my time trying to fix a game when I could be playing another one that doesn't have game-crippling glitches?


Well, that's all opinion based. For me, It's the passion for the game. I have always loved it, and hate when it's borked. Yeah, I get pissed and stop playing alot. But there are some things that I know are caused by my own idiocy, or just misconcieved, and in no way "EA's big mess". Idk. But your point also contradicts the idea of boycotting. Why bother when you could be doing somthing else?

I've had so many problems in the past. But for a looong time the game was being completely fine with me. Granted, Generations may or may not have fucked my game, but i'm still happy.

_________________
Image
Image
>>> Check Out The Casper Legacy!


Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:41 am
Profile
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:42 am
Posts: 465
Location: Canada (god it's freaking cold)
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
I'm not contradicting myself.

Boycotting is refraining from using and preventing future dealings with a store; I just won't buy stuff from EA lol. The fact that I choose not to fix EA's sims games by myself and to move onto other video games is action to back up the boycotting idea. It's not like I've thrown my hands in the air over a little issue and haven't tried to fix it; I have literally spent hours online trying to find a solution to the Error Codes and the other game-crippling glitches. I have tried to fix it myself but I definitely don't possess the skills, or the patience, to learn how to re-work code.

Error Code 12-16 is an EA mess. It's been talked about all over different sims forums and there isn't a solution to it because it is an error that deals with the software coding. Offtopic: If I remember correctly it has something to do with WA's worlds saving ontop of the player neighbourhood (?).

I'm also not trying to just point fingers at people. Blame is blame, and it doesn't get anything done. I'm calling it like it is and EA has definitely not taken responsibility for the bullcrap we've had to put up with. Which is why I am choosing to try and move on from the entire franchise.

_________________
Abraxis wrote:
I hope you all get AIDS and die.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:43 pm
Profile
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:28 am
Posts: 6961
Location: New Jersey
Name: Derek
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
Scryer wrote:
I'm not contradicting myself.

Boycotting is refraining from using and preventing future dealings with a store; I just won't buy stuff from EA lol. The fact that I choose not to fix EA's sims games by myself and to move onto other video games is action to back up the boycotting idea. It's not like I've thrown my hands in the air over a little issue and haven't tried to fix it; I have literally spent hours online trying to find a solution to the Error Codes and the other game-crippling glitches. I have tried to fix it myself but I definitely don't possess the skills, or the patience, to learn how to re-work code.

Error Code 12-16 is an EA mess. It's been talked about all over different sims forums and there isn't a solution to it because it is an error that deals with the software coding. Offtopic: If I remember correctly it has something to do with WA's worlds saving ontop of the player neighbourhood (?).

I'm also not trying to just point fingers at people. Blame is blame, and it doesn't get anything done. I'm calling it like it is and EA has definitely not taken responsibility for the bullcrap we've had to put up with. Which is why I am choosing to try and move on from the entire franchise.


You are very right with what your saying. And lol, when I hear the word "boycotting" i think of screaming over a little problem and putting up picket signs about it, that of which you're clearly not doing. Haha I think we are on the opposite sides of the extreme. Hell no would I try re-working code myself, and I hope that's not what everyone thought I was implying. I simply meant moving files around, deleting caches... etc etc. Basically a lot of my argument is no where near based on what I've seen on this forum, but based on the idiots of the internet, who cry because they can't place Resource.cfg in the right place or accidently deleted their save file.

It's sad to see that EA's problems are legitamentally pushing people to stop playing. You'd expect better from one of the best PC franchises, right?

_________________
Image
Image
>>> Check Out The Casper Legacy!


Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:02 pm
Profile
Your Ghost
Your Ghost
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:44 am
Posts: 2993
Location: Colorado, USA
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
Swatme101 wrote:
You are very right with what your saying. And lol, when I hear the word "boycotting" i think of screaming over a little problem and putting up picket signs about it, that of which you're clearly not doing[...]


I think you've confused boycotting and protesting Swat.

_________________
...


Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Roomie
Roomie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:11 am
Posts: 64
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Roleplay: Shiloh Monroe
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
Boycotting is when you just stop doing/using/buying something completely, right...? Like, going on strike? And protesting is picketing and chanting and whatnot... Boycotting is pretty much like a more peaceful way to protest.

_________________
Looked out with just a dollar fifty and I'm homeless for the day
I was lonely and cold so I walked down to the train station just to pass the time away
Wasted time, wasted day, wasted year
All I know is that I'm growing up so fast and it's scary as hell and I've got to get out of here!


Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:45 pm
Profile
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:28 am
Posts: 6961
Location: New Jersey
Name: Derek
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
I think I get it now. Sorry guys xD

_________________
Image
Image
>>> Check Out The Casper Legacy!


Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:24 pm
Profile
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:36 pm
Posts: 27
Location: In transition
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Roleplay: Alisha vaughn
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
I'm having problems too and I don't have expansion packs. I went to EA for tech support and they pretty much redirected me back to the forums to get help. I was surprised that they did that beacuse they are the ones who supposes to help us. If you decide to boycott, I don't think you will be the only one. You would be amazed at what could happen. I don't agree with boycotting but when you are pushed beyond your tolerance level and frustrated, it can influence you to giv eup on a product. I'm kind of disappointed that sims 3 is so good yet filled with glitches. I don't want to stop playing but if i can't play because of glitches what else is there to do but stop playing and buying the game.


Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:19 pm
Profile
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:08 am
Posts: 119
Location: West Bend, Wisconsin
Name: Thomas
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
If I could I would simply control alt delete all the people that complain all the time in the forums about the game. From day 1 I never really had a major issue with any of the sims series so far. But I do know not every game is perfect but Ive learned to accept and enjoy what we have because mostly its been working good so far. by the way I haven't tryed pets yet expecting it very soon.


Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:29 pm
Profile
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:36 pm
Posts: 719
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
I know how you feel.

There was many times I would say "It's over" and I'm never coming back...but I think now it really is the truth. I just don't have any desire to play the game any more. I don't feel like what I get out from the game exceeds or even equals what I put into it any more. (For one thing, the fact I can't have a constant neighbourhood without save errors popping up eventually is a massive deal breaker for me, the immersion is totally wrecked if I have that ticking clock at my back the whole time. They might as well have a big timer in the center of your town saying "Your town will die in []Hours, [] Minutes and [] seconds") Then there's the buggy nature of the game and the fact that modders had to come along and make the game infinitely more enjoyable than EA made it themselves. (nraas, awesome etc)

It just all feels stale and unrewarding. It's not the life simulation aspect I don't like, I'm just starting to think the genre could be done better by somebody else and give it a new lease of life.


Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:23 am
Profile
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:09 pm
Posts: 36
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
I called it quits after Ambitions (the 2nd ep), because it just got too frustrating. I'm a player who doesn't use any mods and I don't even download any custom content. Since I only play with what comes installed with the game, I tend not to have the really serious problems that some report, but that doesn't make the problems I do encounter any less painful.

Once I realized that the Sims 3 quality control wasn't going to be any better than Sims 2, I called it quits. I don't regret it either. I doubt I'll even try to play a Sims 4. I just don't have the time or patience for the nonsense.


Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.