View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Where are you, Sims 4? 
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post Where are you, Sims 4?
Isn't it about time we started hearing rumors about Sims 4? Whatever you think of the Medieval Sims (in my case, not much), the neighborhood and the sims themselves are gorgeous. Beside them the Sims 3 looks crude even at the highest display level. Also, aren't you getting a little tired of the same gameplay, the same expansions reworked? I'd love to hear what other people think whether you agree or not.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:04 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Re: Where are you, Sims 4?
jazzlucy wrote:
Isn't it about time we started hearing rumors about Sims 4? Whatever you think of the Medieval Sims (in my case, not much), the neighborhood and the sims themselves are gorgeous. Beside them the Sims 3 looks crude even at the highest display level. Also, aren't you getting a little tired of the same gameplay, the same expansions reworked? I'd love to hear what other people think whether you agree or not.

Well... to be honest, no. We are in the middle of the sims 3 franchise so I definitely don't want to be hearing anything about the sims 4. Besides that would just be bad marketing; why would I bother getting the rest of the sims 3 EPs when TS4 is comming up anyways?

Besides as long as EA is holding onto the sims franchise I don't expect that things will go well. Already we have a billion glitches and not enough patches, EA released a bum-expansion pack (Generations) for the standard EP price, EA released most of the content from Generations in a game-patch for FREE, and their CAP and CAW tools are broken and almost unplayable. So I'm not too keen on TS4.

In fact I do think that once TS3 is finished, I will just hang onto it for a while. I love a lot of things about TS3 other than the glitchy, buggy, stuff. And I do see this franchise picking up a little after Pets and Seasons gets patched (because I know that they will have the most fatal bugs).

Can you tell I'm a little sick of seeing TS4 everywhere when we're not even close to finishing the franchise :laugh: :shift: ?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:58 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I agree, it's a bit early. We heard about Sims 3 on March 19th 2008, right? It was supposed to be released February the next year, I believe. Idk. Theres also the prospect that there will possibly be 10 EPs for TS3, so we might have to wait even longer... But we do know that TS4 is in development, as we speak, whether slow or just full fledge. We will find out soon enough, really.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:32 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

I appreciate the honesty. I'm mostly just frustated with all the bugs and glitches. At this point, the only way to cure them is to start again. As for EA's marketing strategy, if you remember Sims 2 was origanally scheduled to be released months before Makin' Magic and Sims3 annouced before Apartment Life and Mansion and Garden Stuff were sold.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:44 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Now that Ron Huble is out of the Sims I think we may see a return of the classic Sims in the Sims 4. I say this because the large money hungray plumbob hanging over EA's head with it's Sims 3 line is completely appauling. They are charging nearly 17 dollars for a bunch of outfits and hairs that total up to 20 items in the store. EP's feel empty and the SP are so small compared to the Sims 2. I hope the game gets back to basics in the next generation Sims.

I've said this before but in terms of gameplay and graphics I feel like we gave up ALOT to have the open neighborhood. I absolutely love the open neighborhood but I wish they could make story progression options a bit more interactive, like which Sim homes we'd like to see evolve, like a list of options if you will so we can control more households in our towns. I think the Sims 4 will be much better than the Sims 3 and be more like how the Sims 2 was. There was *SO MUCH MORE* in the Sims 2 by EP5 then there is in the Sims 3. I feel like it has to do with having to limit gameplay because of systems having to processes all the game data. IDK. I just think 4 will be much better.

I have hope since the day we found out Ron went to Second Life. I'm even thinking that the Sims 3 may get better as we move on through the rest of the line.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:03 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I can imagine Sims 4 appearing even later than Sims 3 advertising, i even think Sims 3 will have a few more expansion packs that either 1 or 2.

Sims 4 will come, but not for a very long time, and as other people are saying, im very happy with what ive got (To be frank i was perfectly happy with sims 3 base game, its still enough for my needs!!! walk around town, make a little farm in your backgarden, what else do you need?)

until of course late night came out and was awesomessss (minus the glitches) and then someone bought me ambitions as a present, but i still prefer just the base game.

Also my girlfriend and I have been trying to think, what on earth could they do drastically different in 4? unless its a whole makeover AND online.

other than new graphics and no rabbit holes, sims 3 has it all (apart from weather and buisness but hopefully they will come in expansion packs)

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:21 am
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Munch, you have no imagination :p

I feel like Sims 4, if done properly, could be everything Sims 3 hoped to be and more. One of the major themes would be opening up the game even more, which would be no easy feat but is possible, and wouldn't have to be tedious (unless you chose to play it that way). That would mean getting rid of rabbit-holes and making switching between households much easier (no losing inventories or wishes on switching, as well). Another major theme would be continuous ageing - once again, no easy feat. And the third theme, imo, should be a greater sense of community and community progression - easier world editing, the ability to run businesses at a basic level from base game, community events that actually feel like events, and the sense that a sim can actually add to and improve their surrounding community. Plus, all those little extra things that bug the sims community - a more multicultural feel, and less focus on American suburban-culture, a major overhaul of genetics, story progression and the jealousy and rumours systems and, oh yes, weather in the base game. I could go into vast detail and still list a whole lot more.

But if Sims 4 does come, I hope it's a long-time away. I'd rather get a complex, well-thought out, relatively bug-free game in 10 years, than a bug-infested skeleton of a game in 2 years, bulked out with a succession mediocre and equally buggy expansion packs. Not to mention the later it is left, the more power home computers will have to handle complex games.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:22 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
munch wrote:
I can imagine Sims 4 appearing even later than Sims 3 advertising, i even think Sims 3 will have a few more expansion packs that either 1 or 2.

Sims 4 will come, but not for a very long time, and as other people are saying, im very happy with what ive got (To be frank i was perfectly happy with sims 3 base game, its still enough for my needs!!! walk around town, make a little farm in your backgarden, what else do you need?)

Are you serious? Sims 3 basegame is absolutely terribly boring. Only thing that saves the game for me is custom content, because without it, the game looks like a piece of feces, literally.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:23 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fangə wrote:
Only thing that saves the game for me is custom content, because without it, the game looks like a piece of feces, literally.

Offtopic: Just to elaborate, "piece of feces" means piece of shit.

Like I mentioned before, it is the TS3 personality trait system that keeps me from going back to TS2 because I LOVE the fact that my sims are now way more individualistic than ever before.

As for the base-game, I never bought TS2 or TS3 without any EPs.... Like I will wait for the second EP to get released before I even consider moving onto the next franchise since I know that the base game alone won't have enough content for me personally.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:37 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Fangə wrote:
munch wrote:

Are you serious? Sims 3 basegame is absolutely terribly boring. Only thing that saves the game for me is custom content, because without it, the game looks like a piece of feces, literally.

I'm a pretty boring person.. perhaps.. when playing sims anyway :D Anyway, you make sims enjoyable with your own imagination, if its boring... anyway, i dunno liked how 'Sims 1' it was for me. More real and simple.

Although one thing i'd like in sims 4 is maybe like proper travel to other places, like on boats and trains, and maybe you can see inside the train or buy your own boat and do first person driving around.

But yeh. i suppose my imagination is a bit dead when it comes to improving sims 3 base game :P I just like it so much.

Offtopic: Minecraft? Anyone looked into that, i think its like Sims with monsters

Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

I'm not going to worry about TS4, I'm busy in joying TS3 :happy: and besides TS4 won't be around for a good wile.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:58 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Do toy Gus even think TS4 will happen?? It's in development but it could always e trashed...

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]