View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Pets Expansion confirmed 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
Post Re: Pets Expansion confirmed
3 New Screenshots for The Sims 3 Pets on PC

Spoiler:
ImageImage

I Like The First Picture

and did anyone else notice the leaves on the ground with the Digging sim?? Maybe a hint for Seasons :)

Source: http://www.simprograms.com/32786/simcoo ... een-shots/

Last edited by SimsTias on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wouldn't it be awesome if they put weather and seasons in the Pets expansion? Nah, they'll probably release it a week later as an add-on that costs another 40 bucks.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:30 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
The leaves ground texture is kinda amking me mad... I really hope they do seasons next.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:00 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I like the screenshots, but I think the textures on the horses seems kinda... low res? Actually the whole screenshot looks kinda low res.

I hope the textures will look better when they release it.

But otherwise, it looks good! And it's the first screenshot of a foal! I just noticed a racoon in the horsescreenshot as well!

Why isn't it October yet? :cry:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:21 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Icewolf wrote:
I like the screenshots, but I think the textures on the horses seems kinda... low res? Actually the whole screenshot looks kinda low res.

I hope the textures will look better when they release it.

But otherwise, it looks good! And it's the first screenshot of a foal! I just noticed a racoon in the horsescreenshot as well!

Why isn't it October yet? :cry:

Because it's SUMMER.

And yeah, I hope they are higher res than that... And I also wonder if the texture enhancer hack (there is a mod that enables the game to load textures in much higher quality, except it makes everything REALLY slow) would help? (aka, if EA made the textures high to begin with and they got scalled down.)

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

The graphics in the last screenshot look awful.

Surely, I'm not the only one that has noticed this. I mean it's not just the horses, it's nearly everything about it. The trees look okay, but the detail on everything else is lacking. That terrain looks awful and the textures on the horses look like they lack a great deal of detail.

People like to claim that The Sims 3 has great graphics. I do not see it. Those graphics are bad.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:14 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Radiant wrote:

Surely, I'm not the only one that has noticed this. I mean it's not just the horses, it's nearly everything about it. The trees look okay, but the detail on everything else is lacking. That terrain looks awful and the textures on the horses look like they lack a great deal of detail.

People like to claim that The Sims 3 has great graphics. I do not see it. Those graphics are bad.

Are these PC shots orr...?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:44 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Swatme101 wrote:
Radiant wrote:

Are these PC shots orr...?

Supposedly they are. The console versions don't have horses last I heard.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:52 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Radiant wrote:

Well the second and third picture looks LOW-RES. The Guy in the second picture looks like the setting on the sim are Low. You know the game is not ready yet and the pictures 2 and 3, Might Be LOW-Res. only because it is a Screenshot it need not be at the highest settings. just look at the first picture and you see high-res and then look at the others and they look low-res

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Crap! I want pets now!! I fear that the horses tectureok pretty shoddy. Also not lice that the foal and the paint have the exact same markings? I really hope that we get more than a few patterns...

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:41 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I'm super excited about this EP, :)

As far as low resolution graphics, maybe they set it that way by mistake instead of high resolution when they were playing the game/taking pictures. It's a possibility

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

You know, even if they are lose res, the animals in this game look MUCH more realistic than they did in Sims 2. Am I right? I mean, in sims 2 they kinda all looked like a dog-like creature, with different furs and shapes..

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:06 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Swatme101 wrote:
You know, even if they are lose res, the animals in this game look MUCH more realistic than they did in Sims 2. Am I right? I mean, in sims 2 they kinda all looked like a dog-like creature, with different furs and shapes..

You are 100% Right

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
I thought the sims 2 ones looked better O.o texture wise that is. In my opinion, the fur in this one looks awkward, and the eyes are creepy. Just look at the new picture of the cat. It looks like someone took the sponge brush on Photoshop and splotched it all around the damn thing.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:14 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I don't actually think the pets look a lot better in this version, perhaps they do a little, but if you got someone who hadn't played either to say which dog came from ts2 nd which came from ts3 it would be a hard one.

I have also decide that the horses manes and tails look terrible. The tails are like a piece of rope. If they worked on the dog/cat fur, why have they left the horses? I bet we won't get any leg feathering or beards either. Also foals should have a small tufty tail, not a long one like the adults. I just hope the horses weren't a quick last minute decision to differ from ts2 and let me down.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:53 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I guess it's all a matter of opinion. It's closely related to how people argue which looks better: Sims from 2 or 3. I actually (took the LONG time to) load TS2 yesterday and went into CAF (waited another 15 minutes) and created a dog. The dogs in that game look like SHIT to me compared to what I've seen from screen shots & trailers from TS3. But the tihng is, I hate how Sims from Sims 2 look aswell, compared to TS3, so I think it's whether you look for PERFECT curves and barbieism, or if you look for loose realistic looking stuff.

I have to agree though, the cats are a bit off.

As for the eyes, I'm sure there will be mods.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Pics From the new Town

http://isims.us/2011/08/first-image-of- ... sa-plains/

Is it just me or are EA doing better looking rabbitholes now??

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

WOW The neighborhood looks awesome! I love the buildings too! I might just wait until I get the Pets instead of buying Hidden Springs neighborhood from the store :smile:

I'm super happy that EA is adding a new neighborhood, I figured they would since they added horses :love:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:20 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Apparently it's called Appaloosa plains? So they HAVE to have Appaloosa horses now right? I'm worried I haven't seen one yet... The down looks great though! :D

The rabbitholes look nice too, although what is the theme/style they're going with here? I can't really tell, they all look nice but don't really match IMO..

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:03 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Charlie wrote:
Apparently it's called Appaloosa plains? So they HAVE to have Appaloosa horses now right? I'm worried I haven't seen one yet... The down looks great though! :D

The rabbitholes look nice too, although what is the theme/style they're going with here? I can't really tell, they all look nice but don't really match IMO..

According to this old interview: http://www.livestream.com/electronicart ... 4a2dbbd6ab

They are going for the Fall season, southwestern/mid-western feeling of the town. They said there will be mysteries to solve with your pets (which I think is pretty cool!). Plenty of spaces for horses to run around in.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next