View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Project: Pleasantview 

Post Re: Sims 2 to Sims 3 Megahood
Oh. My. GOD.
that is ULTIMATE! I WILL download it when its done (and when I get all the expansion packs(I only have late night :P))

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:20 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Oh Draik, i fucking love you. <3 How did i only find out about this world today? Me me me so excited. Me so excited! I might have missed this, but are you going to add LN apartments etc. to Downtown? Your world is looking beautiful!

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:38 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I agree with Hunter. At this point, even if it isn't like the originals, the idea is just amazing. I can't wait to move my sims into a town where there is actually different areas. And it's hard to get around.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:31 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Okay, I need help. There's room for a Strangetown nestled in next to Pleasantview, but the only way I could come up with to explain the sudden change in terrain was to have it on a sandy island. Will that mess up the whole layout of the world? I was thinking that if I add it in I could split some of the other islands up so the world's more of an archipelago and less of a coastal, river-y world. Kind of like this:
Spoiler:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:20 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I think it looks okay if you can place it there like that...

and ohh yearh WOW for a big and great project you have started...

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:31 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
In my opinion, i think you should keep it without strangetown unless you handle it right. I guess a beach version would be okay as long as it isnt just plopped in the middle of the map. There's nothing i hate more than when it goes from dirt to sand to grass and back to dirt. But yeah a beach ST would be fine. :)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
Yeah, the idea of having Strangetown as a beach is good, but it honestly wouldn't matter to me if there was a Strangetown or not. It would be a really cool addition but I already adore the world :)

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:53 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Hmm.. If in doubt leave it out. Thats what I say, It might look a little weird to have a random sandy island... besides, strangetown is meant to be in rolling dessert, not an island. I personally would leave it...

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:49 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

You'd have to partition it off, like how Los Aniego's does with his desert area. Otherwise it will stick out like a massive sore thumb. Like Charlie said, "If in doubt, leave it out."

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Gosh, it's seemed like years since I've updated here. Anywhoo, on to business.
I was going pretty well with building the nightclubs in Downtown, but low and behold the freaking game crashed and I lost around 4 or 5 of them, including LuLu Lounge, which was such a bitch to get right. However, while in the process of working out where I could fit a Strangetown in, I realised that I'd have effectively remade 5 out of the 8 'normal' 'hoods (university towns and the three holiday destinations would be less than useless to redo), so went the extra mile and worked out something very special. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
Spoiler:
Something is rotten in the state of Pleasantview.

And no, it's not Dina's vajayjay.

Okay, wrong play, but you get the idea. The Capps and Monties have transferred their aeon-long feud to Pleasantview, along with everybody from Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley. Oh, and the Summerdreams. When I go all out, I go all out.

Pleasantview's filling out quite well. Oh, what's that? Lotsa water?

Oh, oh my. It's so... islandy. There's going to be 5 main islands - Bluewater; Pleasantview, Veronaville, Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley; Downtown; Belladonna and a Strangetown thrown in for good measure. The smaller ones will be mainly to make the world purdy, though there will probably be some small tombs on a couple of them that will play some part in the whole "Quest to find Bella" thing I have planned. At the moment the world looks quite swamp-ish, but as soon as I throw down the sand it should look more beachy keen.

View from Downtown, which I lowered a little so you could actually see it from Pleasantview and not a big old ugly cliff face. The lowering process was hell, Create a World crashed so many times it was really starting to make me hate it. But, I got it in the end.

Back to Bluewater Island, there's a beach front! Or the start of one, at least.

It still needs a lot of beautifying and editing, but it's coming along nicely.

And oh, just look at that road. Doesn't it just scream "quaint little village"?

The future site of Strangetown Island, which I actually made 3 times before, but the result of each a horrifying crash when trying to save. Is it an omen? No, Create a World just does that randomly without warning when I've done a lot of terrain editing. :stare:

Work started on the vampire/goth club. Y'know, the one with the dead tree in the middle of the building? I had some fun playing with the fog emitter here.

And whatever this place is called, I can't remember at the moment. It has hot tubs on the roof, which made building it a wee bit difficult, seeing as TS2 hot tubs had some magic parallax where the bottom just wasn't there when you went down a floor. I managed to fix it though, with the help of some trickery.

Downtown now has its own road, with a footpath that matches the red brick pattern I've been using everywhere while I should have been using discrete concrete.

Since I had to rip the texture directly from the game, and thanks to the fact that CAW does something weird with the sidewalks by brightening them up, it's not an entirely seamless transition from lot to sidewalk. I'm working on it, though.

The Not So Spanish Stairs got some fauna added, and I swapped the Bridgeport city hall for the Sunset Valley one.

A glimpse at what was lost, I took this picture while I was working on LuLu Lounge before it got destroyed in the crash. I had a lot of fun playing with the fountains though. :sad:

Swooping back to Belladonna Cove, I've laid the groundwork for the other two park sections. I keep putting finishing them off, I should really just jump in and do them all in one go. I'm also going to somehow try to pull the Bella statue mesh from TS2 and convert the top of it for TS3. Somehow.

Work started on the library, which, despite EA's claiming it so, will not be a new exclusive venue for Town Life Stuff. It's been available foh-evah.

I finished the alleyways, took me ages though. Now I just have to plonk down some dumpsters, flower gardens and the like and they're good to go.

Crates and old cars, oh my!

The rich snobby sections of the town are looking quite nice.

OH MY GAWD IT'S A CHICKEN HOUSE. Watervista Palace in all its glory, thanks to Generations for the return of those damned spiral staircases.

I leave you with a random picture of a random object I found while I was trolling through the buydebug menu looking for trash to decorate the Capp boys' rooms with (Sadly, I could not find any. :sad: ). It's labelled as coming from Ambitions, so I'm guessing it had something to do with the architectural designer profession, but look! It's a miniature Goth house! With its own little graveyard and square willow trees!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:53 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Post Re: Sims 2 to Sims 3 UBER-megahood
Have I ever told you that this world is BEAUTIFUL <3 :D
I love it soooo much, and it's comming out really nice! Hopefully it will stop crashing as not to annoy you.
Once again: BEAUTIFUL!!!
~I leave now~

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:57 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Which EPs will this require again? I want i want i want it :D

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:45 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

As it stands... all of them. :shift: And probably the next couple, especially if they're pets and weather ones.
No stuff packs, though! It was kind of hard but so far I've managed to keep them out of the game.

I'll also probably make a video showing what I've done and what I have yet to do, as soon as I can figure out how this damned screen recorder works.

Edit: God, okay. I'm starting the process of converting the Bella statue. Wish me luck!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:23 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

*Wishes Draik luck!*
Coverting that statue has gotta be hell.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:45 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
This world is amazing!! I'm in awe of your world-building talent!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

I'd tell you to go to MTS for help, but MTS is currently down!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

HOLY HEAVENS ABOVE I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO DO IT!
Spoiler:

I'd like to thank SimPrograms, for having mirrors to all the tools I needed because MTS is still down, those 3 tutorials I had to reference at different points during the whole thing because none of them had all the info I needed, and EA for doing the super-hard bits (Meshing and texturing!) for me. :ton:
There's still a little work to do, I need to remove the shadow completely because it looks quite strange, and there's a tiny little section of her dress that's been alpha'd wrong or something, so I need to fix those. But other than that, Bella's done! Two recolourable sections, the statue and the plumbob.
BUT, because she's counted as an object, if you zoom away or onto another group of lots, the lot that the statue's on will de-focus and she'll disappear. I'm trying to plop her into the build mode catalogue as a landmark, because those stay in focus all the time.
Spoiler:
OH MAH GAWD SHE'S DISAPPEARED. AGAIN.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:47 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

can't wait till it is totally done :D would just wish it wasn't needed to have all Xp as I only got adventures and ambitions :P

It really looks awesome and man a HUGE project you did with it and stuck with it :D

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:23 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

OMG SHE'S SO AWESOME :D :D :D
Thought I'd point that out!
It's gunna be so so so so cool when you're done <3 :D
~wee~

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:44 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

WOW! Congrats! That must have been a fun project! Glad you got it to work out!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next