View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 EA Finally Compiling All Patches After 1.22 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post EA Finally Compiling All Patches After 1.22
Finally! EA, starting with the 1.22 patch, will from now on release patches that update the base game aswell as expansion packs with the same file.

What this means is that, ideally, there should not be any need or problems with updating base game + all your EPs & SPs individually. Hopefully this means less errors and user confusion.

Article on SimPrograms here. So, what do you guys think?

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:35 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Post Re: EA Finally Compiling All Patches After 1.22
It doesn't really mean anything to me to be honest, I didn't realise that you had to patch every single expansion. I just update when it tells me too.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:53 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Then you probably better jump on that... having an updated base and no EPs never ends out good..

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:04 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Hmm....for some time now I thought about uninstalling all of my sims 3 EPs (including the base game) to start anew. If I were to go through this step, would I have to update my game (altogether) one time when it shows up on the Game Launcher? Or individually as I install each expansion pack??

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:24 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

chippy wrote:
Hmm....for some time now I thought about uninstalling all of my sims 3 EPs (including the base game) to start anew. If I were to go through this step, would I have to update my game (altogether) one time when it shows up on the Game Launcher? Or individually as I install each expansion pack??

I would install everything (although most guides don't say this) and then download (manually) and install the 1.22 patch, if it does what it says about updating each game.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:16 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Swatme101 wrote:
chippy wrote:

I would install everything (although most guides don't say this) and then download (manually) and install the 1.22 patch, if it does what it says about updating each game.

Okay, I'll admit that I'm a little nervous about doing this! :ahh: Just because I've never done anything like this before with any of the sims series (1-3) lol... I feel the need to do so because of some of the glitches I've encountered in the past few weeks since I updated the game with the new patch that came with Generations AND it'll be a nice change as well :smile:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:30 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I literally just installed last night, and I already had the 1.22 patch, and i installed it for basegame, but then had to manually install the patches for my 2 EPs, so that was a little tedious. Luckily i already had the Late Night Patch.

P.S., I don't use EADM, or Origin, whatever it's called. I don't suggest you ever install that either. Use The Sims 3 Patch Downloader, and install them manually. A lot faster, plus way more safe. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829

It's easy to use, and it's a standalone EXE (you don't need to install anything, so throw it into your favorite folder.) Windows Only.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:32 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Swatme101 wrote:
I literally just installed last night, and I already had the 1.22 patch, and i installed it for basegame, but then had to manually install the patches for my 2 EPs, so that was a little tedious. Luckily i already had the Late Night Patch.

P.S., I don't use EADM, or Origin, whatever it's called. I don't suggest you ever install that either. Use The Sims 3 Patch Downloader, and install them manually. A lot faster, plus way more safe. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829

It's easy to use, and it's a standalone EXE (you don't need to install anything, so throw it into your favorite folder.) Windows Only.

Thanks for the tips swat! :smile:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]