View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Imaginary Friends 
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Imaginary Friends
They're considered occult and it can be genetic. I find that odd. Like I had an imaginary friend turn into a real sim and she had a baby that can also turn into toy form. Anyone else had ex-imaginary friends have children?

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:46 am
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Post Re: Imaginary Friends
I've been playing with the imaginary friend, but I haven't turned it into a sim yet. They are starting to piss me off, at least from someone who's building a big family. I had no problem making my genius/neurotic sim befriend an imaginary doll(and I love the story there), but I'm finding myself having to constantly lock the other dolls up in a room(which they'll eventually *poof* out of), leading to me constantly having to keep tabs on making sure their other 4 kids don't play with the dolls and create more imaginary friends. I'll just pretend that's new gameplay, avoid creating an imaginary friend...:huh:

I think I'm OK with them passing their abilities onto their kids though. I like little details like that, and I'll definitely be keeping their wild hair color. This imaginary friend reminds me of a movie called, "Drop Dead Fred" (especially if you give them crazy traits), and Hobbes from Calvin & Hobbes! I hope someone out there creates a Hobbes skin! I like this new "creature", I just will need mods to tone down the chance of creating them.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:32 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Profplumbob wrote:
I just will need mods to tone down the chance of creating them.

There is a mod which lessens the chance of getting an Imaginary Friend-doll and likens the chance of it running away.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:29 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Yeah, I have the mod from Modthesims2.com. It's very nice. :happy: I actually have to force my toddlers/children to socialize a little bit for it to happen. I've been able to leave my other sims alone with the dolls and nothing materializing. Woot!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:39 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Imaginary friends can run away?

My imaginary friend's child looks so normal. This kid has plain dark brown hair and green eyes and the skin is default but way darker than the mother's and not even the same skin as the father because his is a non-default. I would have loved to have seen the child get the mother's hair color because it's really pretty. Or even her eye color.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Simmer
Simmer

Actually, there's an easy way to get rid of excess IFs. Turn on testingcheatsenabled, right click on the IF, select 'object' and then 'delete'. Poof and gone! :D

Last edited by NekaraNef on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:13 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

When does these dolls turn into imaginary friends? One of my sims kids just turned into a teenager, but the doll is still a doll :O

Are you supposed to do something with the doll?

Edit:
Ah nevermind I found out by myself! :D

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:00 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Cate
I've actually had a bug come up about the imaginary friends.... want to share!

I have two toddler sim boys (not twins, born separately), Nathan (1st born) got an imaginary friend but Derek (2nd born) did not. Nathan's IF appeared in his inventory and I checked Derek's out of curiosity and he had none. Nathan's IF was named Cosmo and he autonomously started to play with it. Then to my shock, the same time Nathan started playing with Cosmo, I get a pop up saying "Derek sure has taking a liking to Puzzles" saying if he kept at it he'd get better or something such nonsense. At first I thought Derek was playing with building block toys from the kiddie table so I right-clicked him and he was playing with an imaginary friend! I know for sure I didn't get a notice about Derek receiving one and his inventory had been empty until Nathan started playing with Cosmo! :wha:

So now I have two sim boys with imaginary friends and I want a big sim family. Once you make them "real" they probably take up a space in your household and their mother is pregnant again.... so what do I do? Delete the imaginary friends so that I can focus on my real sim family or devise a way to possibly split up the household so I can dabble in IF's and their sim counterparts. Decisions, decisions. :con:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:01 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

My dolls doesn't seem to grow up together with the toddlers... :no: I've tried three times now and no one of the have been growing up to become that creepy imaginary friend!

One of my toddlers got that message "Bla bla has sure has taking a liking to *random name*" but it didn't work. Should I let him play with the doll even more than that? And is it important to give it a brand new name?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:25 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

You probably already figured it out, Shazoka, but yeah once you turn them real they take up a space. What you could do is move the doll into a new family. That way you get to keep them around but not taking up s space.

Icewolf, I've only had two imaginary friends turn real. But both times I took the doll out of the child's inventory when they turned into the child stage. Then the doll had the whole grow up transition. The name shouldn't matter, I think. :]

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Kira wrote:
You probably already figured it out, Shazoka, but yeah once you turn them real they take up a space. What you could do is move the doll into a new family. That way you get to keep them around but not taking up s space.

Icewolf, I've only had two imaginary friends turn real. But both times I took the doll out of the child's inventory when they turned into the child stage. Then the doll had the whole grow up transition. The name shouldn't matter, I think. :]

Okay, thanks! :)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:14 pm
Simmer
Simmer

What the F***?! The youngest daughter in my current family NEVER got an imaginary doll. It never got sent in by her great aunt or whatnot or whatever. No mail, no notification and it never showed up in her inventory. But now, halfway down her toddler stage, she's suddenly cuddling one?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:56 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Kristen
I'm doing a legacy family and all 6 of my 2nd gen kids (yes I know that's a lot of kids for one generation, it was purely by accident!) got a doll and so far the oldest kid's went poof, the second oldest is engaged to hers and the others are fine so far.

ImageImage

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:22 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Wow all 6 is crazy. XD My 6th generation has 3 children and they all got a doll.

Also, I have a question. Do imaginary friends stay your sims whole life unless you make them real? I want to make their friends real when they are teens. Just want to know they'll still be there and grow up with them.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Kristen
Yeah I know it is. They had had 3 kids and decided they wanted another and ended up with triplets!

ImageImage

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:47 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I've actually had imaginary friends grow up with my sims until they are adults :huh: . At first it was cute but now I just feel like my sims have developed schizophrenia. I mean one time I made my sim woo-hoo another sim in their bedroom and he shooed away the imaginary friend which is totally weird. I mean if I was in his partner's shoes, I would've been out of there so fast!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:30 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I'm afraid to get generations for this reason. I want a mod that tones down the chances of imaginary friends, because it seems to have (at least) changed Kira's legacy a lot.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:45 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

I saw a mod a few weeks ago on MTS to lessen the chance of your baby getting a doll. And I'm going to install it before the next generation is born because the novelty of IFs has definitely worn off for me. There seems to be only a few different hair and eye combos and they all have perfect, pretty faces. :/

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Simmer
Simmer

I turned mine into a sim today. I barely got the expansion like last week so yeah I'm on the late train. Kinda liking this new addition. When my imaginary friend became a teen there was this task with her picture saying Birthday Party. I couldn't cancel it out which would get in the way of the second task in the quene. I logged off for today hopefully that Birthday Party thing of the imaginary friend gone Sim disappears.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:21 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I just got Generations aswell, and waiting for me to get to a point where I can do some of that stuff :D I guess that will be the next Generation. With Matthew being an elder in somewhere around 15 days, I don't want him to have another kid (unless it fits the story)

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next