View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Generations Bugs/Glitches 

Post Generations Bugs/Glitches
So, I'm experiencing several bug/glitches in the game was wondering if it's game mods or just bugs in the game. Here's what I've experienced:

-Sims stuck clapping after wedding ceremony (seems a few other people are experiencing this)
-After switching households, some of my sims energy bar appears to freeze at full.
-There are no longer "Hot Spots"
-Mixologists are not reporting to clubs/bars
-Graphics for water dumping (from tree house), sink spraying and nectar spraying are not displaying correctly.

It seems that that this ep is really buggy.... :mad:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:58 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: Generations Bugs/Glitches
Are you sure you are updated? If I recall, there was one or two patches released since they released Generations.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:14 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
MoonShadow wrote:
-Sims stuck clapping after wedding ceremony (seems a few other people are experiencing this)

Yeah this one happens to me. Someone else on here said it happened to them too.

I also have this problem where my children won't get on the bus to go home. Even if I click "go home", half the time they won't budge and I have to do resetsim.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:26 am
Profile WWW
Roomie
Roomie

10 minutes into game play, and these are the bugs I've encountered,
-One of my sims got stuck in a strange position with her arms sticking out side from side. No matter what I did (trying to command her to do something, reset sim, move objects, even death), I couldn't get her to move. I tried moving her roommates out of the house together, but it made the house completely unplayable.
-An NPC sim was stuck on the side walk in a driving pose. I noticed this while I was busy with my other house hold, so I decided not to mess with it.
My game has the latest patch, and it does not have any mods.
Bleck.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:33 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Claire
I must be lucky I haven't seen any issues... YET.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:18 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Ever since I got the new ep the game will freeze every now and then....sometimes it'll recover a minute or so later other times it never recovers.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:52 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I've been struck with two glitches (so far):
- The wedding clappers continuing to clap eternally
- Children get the option to woohoo in the treehouse (they ignore the command, thankfully)... disturbing :meh:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:27 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I just installed the new EP and the update and after playing for about 10 minutes I realized that I couldn't control the walls or floors of any of the buildings. My sims went into one of the parks from NL and got stuck in a building (not a rabbit hole) where I couldn't see or control them. I have no custom content. GRRRRRRR!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:46 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I had one sim continue clapping after a wedding ceremony but "resetsim" cleared that up.

My only other glitch is that every time I insert the Generations CD, it tries to uninstall my game. :stare:

EDIT: I'm also having a problem with NPC's. My sims have ordered pizza twice but it never shows up. My butler disappeared after I installed Generations as well. I hope they patch it soon!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I always say that this is my last expansions,but I always turn away from my word.I'm starting to hate this game first I was only using it to make movies with it.so my game was really broken with mods,you can't really do movies with out mods.
then i was Really pissed off about how broken my game was with mods so I decideded to play it a little and I took all the mods away,So now I don't have mods in the game anymore,So I was playing the game for the first time and I was enjoying playing it ,but my enjoyment was short lived,As soon as I installed the update and the generation patch my Butler disappeared.the his wage still cut every week and I can't hire another butler because it's telling me that I already have one.I used the resetsim cheat but didn't had any luck.
Yes I have all the updates installed.
Does anyone have some Idea what Just Happened?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:59 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

I'm starting to believe that the Grim REAPER GLOTCH I'm having is GEnerations patch enduced. He can't properly reap anyone. I don't know if it's ecause I had 4 sims to kill or what. And they won't IMMEDIATELY DIE (with cheats) either. Does anyone know of any bugs that have correlation to too many dead people?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:52 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
so far i have only one problem with my game :/ when i gonna share a memory on the sims 3 site my game crashes. i dont know if it is the patch or the game :/

Last edited by SimsTias on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

I can't tell if my problems i'm running into are Generation's Patch enduced or because my neighborhood is getting too old.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:38 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I seem to have a glitch where sims get 'teleported' out of their beds in the middle of the night. They just *flash* stand next to their beds. This also happens to NPC's, one of my sims was staying over at her boyfriends house, they slept in the same bed, when all of a sudden *flash* her boyfriend was in the bedroom below hers. It also seems to happen sometimes right before woohoo, they get in the bed and then *poof* are next to it again.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:44 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

My game (base with all expansions, including generations, and high end loft and fast lane) will just crash occasionally, and will display this pop up: "Exception raised: Unhandled page fault on read access to Ox00000000 at address Ox7Sf69a96. Do you wish to debug?" i've chosen yes and no before, the game crashes no matter what. I have a fairly new (past 2-3 years) iMac. Anyone else encounter this?
Oh and my sims have randomly teleported out of bed before woohoo too.. weird. So far generations is fun but a bit of a glitchfest :no:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:48 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I got some minor glitches...

The lavalamp doesn't seem to work properly, cause there's no lava in it when it's on! And the chesthair doesn't appear live, only in CAS. But it did work before I got Generations... And umm... when a sim is spraying fizzy nectar on others, the nectar doesn't appear either.

And today when I was playing with the Goth family the ghosts don't want to go back to their graves at sunrise. They stay among the sims the whole day and it gets kind of annoying.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Oh, I just discovered a new glitch, or that's what I think it is...

When I've loaded a family I noticed that the toddlers imaginary doll was gone. It was not in her inventory and were nowhere in the house to be found. And then later I loaded another family, and their toddlers doll was also gone!

I know they got them before I saved and quit the game... :meh:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:59 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I'm having this problem where the main family on one of my game saves is near completely unselectable. The husband and wife are unaffected and can interact with each other and other sims, but the other five sims in the household have blanked out icons, are unselectable and uninteractable, and no cheats work on them.

Another annoying, but less bothersome glitch is that my sims will get a memory of becoming romantic with each other after confessing attraction, going steady, proposing, get married, and woohooing for the first time. But not if I make them romantic interest using first kiss instead of confess. :huh:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:04 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
I updated all the games and cleared my CC, and the game seems to be running relatively bug-free. Create a World crashes if I've done a lot of terrain scultping when I try to save it though. :huh:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:23 pm
Simmer
Simmer

I have several issues, but I'm not sure if it's due to generations, or because the world I'm currently playing is custom-made. Or both. Either way, my game is fully patched.

1) None of my community lots are cleaned up normally, which means loads of dirty dishes. I need to restart the game, or send a sim over to clean them up manually, in order to get rid of them.
2) When I start the sims (up to the point of the main menu where you select a world) and then decide I've got something else I need to first, quit the game, and restart it some time later, the game invariably crashes when it tries to load a world. This happened on Sunset Valley as well, so it's not because I'm currently playing a custom world. I need to either restart my computer or don't quit the game at all until after I've loaded a world.
3) Some of my lots were 'built on', when they were clearly empty. I never even 'opened them', or visited them, let alone build on them. Not while creating the world in CAW, nor while playing the game. When I bulldozed the lots, the mailbox and trashcan got deleted at well.
4) In one extreme case, the entire lot was deleted when I bulldozed it.
5) My toddlers no longer finish their bottle of milk if I add a new action to their que before they're finished. This might be a feature rather than a bug, but I don't like it.
6) Highschool diplomas are moved into family member inventories when a sim dies. They can't be sold or deleted, so the only way to get rid of them is by using cheats. Also, I haven't tested it yet to confirm, but my just-aged sim who got a diploma that way, never had the option to pick hers up at city hall.

@Draik
CAW demands a buttload of RAM memory, especially if you've got expansion packs and other stuff installed. For me, with three expansion packs, it needed 1.1 gig just to run CAW itself. Medium worlds were still doable, if slow, but large worlds just crashed right away. Never mind editing any of it. With four, it should be even worse.
Right now, I'm just playing the game and building lots to use, but once I've seen Generations enough, I'll uninstall the game completely, install the base, and continue building the world I'm working on. It kinda sucks, because it'll mean anyone interested in the world will have to download, install and place the non-base-game lots seperately, but then again... that also means anyone and everyone can download it, because it doesn't crash over lacking EPs.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next