View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The Label feature. 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Soarin
Post The Label feature.
Hello everyone. I doubt many of you remember me (This was about 2-3 years ago) but I was a very active poster in the Sims 3 community. I was looking at some of my old posts ((Realizing how poor my grammar, spelling was..But of course, I was only 12ish when this happened lol))

The good news is, I am hopefully getting a new laptop for my birthday in the upincoming weeks and will be hopefully able to play the Sims 3 again! :D I own the Sims 3 on Xbox 360, but have realized how poor it is compared to the Sims 3 on Computer. I am hopefully going to be able to upload the Ambitions and Late night expansion pack right away (I own the Sims 3 and the Adventures one..my sister owns the ambitions one and will hopefully send it to me so I can upload it and purchase the new one) Anyway, I have a new feature for the Sims 3 and hope that somehow it will be inplanted? Tell me what you guys think!

----
With this new feature, the new Lifespan is added called Pre-Teen. This is pretty much a mix of the Teenager and the Child. The age is somewhere from 12-14.
Anexciting new features is called the "Label" feature. This feature is given to you depending on the Traits you have selected, the way your sim interacts with the world, your Sims friends, and what your sim wheres. This adds a bit of cleche into the game. When you are in the Child span of your Sims life, your sim will start to show part of this new label feature and over time will take over your Teenager. The Label feature is a way for your Younger sim to be well "Labeled"! Some of the labels are Goth, Geek, Popular, Insane, Regular. Having a Label enables your sim to interact with everyone differently. This will allow your sims Traits to "take over". Dont worry, you will still have the ability to control your sim, and dont feel like you are no longer running your sims life, it just makes your Sims life more interesting. Having a label will help construct what your sim wants in life, and what that sim wishes for later in life. It will allow your sim to have a certain style for his or her wardrobe, room, etc. So if your Teenage sim is gothic, their room would be blacker then a Geek's room. Your sim would dress in a darker less outgoing look as well. A popular sim might be more confortable showing there skin, being more outgoing, and of course having a bit of cocky'nes going for them. The Regular sim is pretty much what it is now, a mix of all the traits together, and really dont have a persona for them. This is a good idea for people that dislike this feature.

The Label trait allows for sims to "pick" their friends better. Gothic sims will be more likely to hang out with other gothic friends. Geeks would love hanging out with other geek friends. Of course this adds to what they do as well. Geeks are more likely to hang out and do homework, where as insane sims would love blowing up buses, peeing on lawns, etc.

When your sim becomes a youngadult, The Label feature doesent come in to play as much as it did when you were a child. Of course it will carry over, but as a young adult, your sim will realize being Labeled is a very childish phase. :lol:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: The Label feature.
I like this idea! It seems like somthing that would help the game kind of transform your sims by itself. Thats the hard thing about traits. A feature like this would be really nice to have, IMO.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:01 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Phoebe
Roleplay: Kenzie Jacobson
Yeah it sounds pretty cool. I'm just not sure how this would work with all of the NPC sims. Since usually their clothes and stuff are just chosen at random, would this mean that they would all have to look a certain way? And if this is the case, then wouldn't you end up having a lot of repetitive and identical-looking sims (not unlike all of the NPCs were in TS2 University).

Otherwise, though, it sounds really good and realistic.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:39 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Alina
You got me at pre-teen. I'm thinking of re-creating a family from the "Modern family" sitcom, and I came to realize that Sims 3 is seriously lacking an age group between child and teen. I mean, just look at all the industries created in real-life for those so-call "tweens". If I want my game to be a quite similar simulation, I would *really* love this new age group. At least for a height difference between child and teen if not for gameplay differences.

Sun May 15, 2011 8:15 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I will always be against a pre-teen stage until EA comes up with a gradual-aging feature. Please explain how a pre-teen stage would be any different from a teenager that does less things in the game. Yeah it would be like limiting the things a teenager can do. And honestly, there is no age-gap whatsoever (or at least not as bad from adult-elder in TS2) from kids to teens. We already got the pranks thing for teens (in Gen) and the imaginary world for kids (in Gen) so what would the pre-teens get to do that's original?

As for labels/stereotypes, I definitely agree! How about instead of calling some kids "Normal", we call them "Unlabeled"? Back in the day I did everything to not be defined as a stereotype in school and I am definitely not an "Average" or "Normal" person. I was original and there is no one word that will define me and I think that we should have some sims reflect that.

Mon May 16, 2011 2:58 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I think this is a great idea! It would be great for story telling, like the Goths could be enemies with the popular kids. :)

Fri May 20, 2011 5:51 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

That sounds a bit like the features that was in the Urbs, you know how there were different groups that socialized together.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:47 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I like the idea. It could be fun as long as it's not forced. I'd still want control to make my geek sim friends with a gothic kid. And I have to agree with Scryer about the pre-teen. While I always love the idea of more age groups I realized I couldn't think of anything special for pre-teens to do.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Sat May 21, 2011 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

A pre-teen sim phase would be pretty awesome. Just hearing my 14 year old sister go through middle school, (going into 9th grade this fall) would create all kinds of awkwardly awesome and confusing scenario's for that phase in a sims life. I dated a guy in 10th grade that was a total goth, but now he's anything but(i wasn't a goth, but I always have had an open mind towards people of all different walks of life)! It would be a good time to incorporate "cliques" like Apartment life did, but for tweens and teens. Jocks, nerds, Goths(like Kira mentioned), the popular crowd, etc all fit VERY well into a tween/teen life scenario (Damn you Generations...a golden opportunity!). EA, get on it!

Kira, for new stuff to do, it could relate to the "clique" that they become apart of. Have distinct ones like Jock/cheerleader, loner, goth, geek/nerd, etc. For example, a goth could have an interaction of, "Talk about a bleak future" which could influence the sim you are talking to to join your clique, or maybe "write dark poetry", etc. Have cliques against others where the popular crowd never really gets along with the other groups(impacting future relationships so all kids aren't friends with one another as they grow up in an open neighborhood) Make it like romance, where you have to do 5+ romantic interactions to get a sim to be recognized as that clique(and you could potentially be friends with more than one clique). Let your imagination run wild with ideas!

Last edited by Profplumbob on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:55 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
EA kind of touched on the whole clique thing with Apartment Life, although a lot of those social groups were a little specific and added together they could not touch base on every different type of person. They had their own interactions and greetings and everything, it was pretty cool. I've been wanting a pre-teen life stange since the very start of TS2. The gap between child and teen in by far the most noticeable, they suddenly jump from 9 or 10 to 17. A "young child" stage would also be nice, somewhere around 5 or 6, just to round out the younger ages. I don't see it happening any time soon though, if EA were going to add new life stages to TS3, Generations would have been the EP to do it. :\

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:11 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

You are so right...toddler > child is a dramatic change. I don't think we'll ever get gradual aging until Sims 5 or 6, but I want to see two more stages(a stage between toddler and child, Tyke? and a Tween stage). I think I'd be ok with Todder to Child if Toddlers could do more. LIKE INTERACTING WITH OTHER TODDLERS... I think if I were in control, I'd set it up as such:

Larvea - you feed them, bathe them and nurture them. If you don't, it increases the chances of having bad traits. example: parent Sims that ignore their babies have a higher % of their kids to turn out bad, and the same goes for other stages you ignore in their development. ("development" stages consist of Larvea>Child) example: Never feed your sim babies quality food and you'll never see your kids grow up to be smart and logical unless they grind the living daylights out of their life phases.
Toddler - This stage focuses on left/right brain development like the blocks or xylaphone skill building. If you don't influence them on left/right brain development(creative or logic), sims will be more wishy washy(random) in their traits. Maybe have more activities that go beyond left/right thinking that influence cooks, sculptures, writers and other skill sets or trait defining. BUT, interacting with other toddlers will influence their social impact on making friends in later stages. As in, a sim with zero interaction has a MUCH harder time making friends compared to a toddler that interacted and played with other toddlers and will grow up easily making friends and socializing. Non social sims have a large chance of becoming evil and bad for sim society.
Pre-Child(what do you call this? It's like a "pre-teen" stage but for children) - no more training to walk/talk and pee. If parents didn't potty train them, they have a high % of peeing the bed in both this phase and later with child/tween/teen phases. Again, if they don't socialize enough, it will make it even harder for them to make friends in the future. Learning how they interact with sims is what this life stage is all about: Social!
Child - same as before, but with their development process impacting their life more than ever. They want to socialize, play and learn, unless traits dictate otherwise.
Tween - cliques are now an important culture on a Sims life. Jocks/Cheerleaders, popular, loners, geeks, goths, etc. are set up in this phase in life. You can befriend at least 2-3 cliques, but being apart of just one will reap the benefits far more than being apart of multiple ones. (befriending others with a 80%+ relationship score will allow your sims to get in on multiple cliques)
Teen - Cliques are carried over and have an even bigger impact on a teens life as it's much harder to get out of the clique you're in, or join a clique in general. You piss off your clique? prepare to be booted out of it.
Young Adult - Being apart of a "Clique" will give you advantage moving into YA phase. With the jocks? You get an advantage with the athletic skill. With other cliques? They all supply different benefits(and negatives) when moving on to a YA.
Adult
Elder

Not a bad setup if gradual aging isn't possible and there's more than enough content to explore for each life stage. I'll sit back and hope they eventually make a tween stage for Sims 3(it's the most needed as long as they supply gamplay-but they can't even supply toddler gameplay besides skill grinding).

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:18 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
I feel toddler/pre child is quite similar, I felt there is sufficient difference once they've been taught to walk. They look a lot different walking age to crawling age.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]