View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations 
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Re: Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations
Are you guys talking about parties you get invited to? Or all parties (like even the ones you throw)? I'll agree that parties you get invited to completely suck. But I've thrown successful parties and the people have stayed most of the day. Though I don't throw parties more often in TS2 than I do TS3. I usually only throw wedding parties and then in TS2 I threw a ton of parties iin University. It was always easy with mascots and random people coming by. :P

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Thu May 05, 2011 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
...I hate to brag but my game has been working really good. I mean, a few bugs here and there. The biggest bug i've been getting is the routing bug where the sim isn't on the right floor and they walk through walls and stuff. That's been the biggest one. But I feel like that is my fault, sometimes. Oh, and this damn sound error I get. The sound will just stop and keep playing somthing that was cued.

Okay.. so i guess I do have bugs. Boo.

HOLY SHIT. THose bugs are straight up SCARY. The firetruck was fucking going up the stairs?! I do not have ANY prroblem compared to that. AT ALL.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:08 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Swatme101 wrote:
...I hate to brag but my game has been working really good. I mean, a few bugs here and there. The biggest bug i've been getting is the routing bug where the sim isn't on the right floor and they walk through walls and stuff. That's been the biggest one. But I feel like that is my fault, sometimes.

I got that one recently too. It was my elderly lady sim. I'd send her to like put her grandson in the highchair and she'd walk upstairs, get him and the next thing I'd know she'd be downstairs in the garage and walking back through the kitchen, up the stairs and back to his room. It was soooo annoying. If she hadn't been only a few days from dying I would have been pissed.

And how do you figure it's your fault sometimes? I can't remember anything I did to glitch her. :no:

Thu May 05, 2011 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
come hither
come hither

I haven't used multiple story homes much, so I hope I don't have that glitch :O

I had a glitch where my sim would upgrade objects, and right after she finished upgrading, the meter would go back to 0% finished upgrading, and the upgrade wouldn't work.

So basically, objects in my game are un-upgradeable.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:57 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
One of my sims was being totally glitchy the other day, whenever he was on the top floor and I sent him to walk or do something he sank down through the carpet to the tile directly underneath him on the ground floor and go wherever he needed to go from there.

Fri May 06, 2011 11:03 am
Enchantment
Enchantment

Name: Lauren
^That happened to me once too. But thats it, I thought it was funny though =P

Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

We can only pray new bugs won't come in generations, but you KNOW they will.

Sat May 07, 2011 12:05 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Draik wrote:
One of my sims was being totally glitchy the other day, whenever he was on the top floor and I sent him to walk or do something he sank down through the carpet to the tile directly underneath him on the ground floor and go wherever he needed to go from there.

UGH That freaked me out the first time I experienced it!! Luckily it only happened when I downloaded a new world, and only in that new world :) I uninstalled it and now it works just fine

Sat May 07, 2011 1:49 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
It was happening to a premade sim though, in an EA-made neighbourhood. I used moveobjects and put him out the front of the house on ground level and the problem went away, luckily.

Sat May 07, 2011 2:28 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

No Prima guide because they won't be able to stuff it with useless information like collectibles and where to find the bookstore in the new neighborhood.

No big loss, the Sims 3 prima guides are rubbish. You're better off looking for an online guide written by someone else.

Sat May 14, 2011 10:21 am
Simmer
Simmer

Well, I don't see the point in having a guide for any sims 3 game, because really...the features so far has been pretty obvious. You can find half of it in the in-game manual anyway. I never had a guide for TS2 and the only "secret" thing I couldn't figure out was the secret society in university...

Offtopic: I have no idea who runs the front page, but there are several typos on it. Including:
Primgaguide
expansiopack
disapointing (at the new poll)

At http://snootysims.com/thesims3infoindex.php?id=fixes
it says "tuturial"

Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Although I never use them, I think that there not being a prima guide speaks volumes.

I definitely feel that the EP's are being released in the wrong order except for LN. Generations should have been first, Ambitions second, Late Night third, Seasons 4th, and WA 5th.

Sat May 14, 2011 4:22 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Scryer wrote:
Although I never use them, I think that there not being a prima guide speaks volumes.

I definitely feel that the EP's are being released in the wrong order except for LN. Generations should have been first, Ambitions second, Late Night third, Seasons 4th, and WA 5th.

I agree. The only prima guide I bought was for the Sims 3 base game. (I bought it because I was overwhelmed by the new features :ton: ) Ever since then, I haven't bought a new prima guide.

Generations should've definitely have been first, but if you think of it this way, perhaps the idea of Generations hadn't gone to the discussion table in 2009. I think they are releasing it now because of the Sims Community's requests. Let's be honest, the Sims 3 base game left out a lot of key features that would make the sims more realistic; some of these features are now included in Generations.

Don't worry! Pets and Seasons will be here!! *Keeping fingers crossed* :smile:

Yes EA is a bit unorganized with the Sims 3 series....unfortunately.

Sat May 14, 2011 5:19 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

The prima guide always misses stuff out though, so I would have thought an expansion like this would be right up their alley....

Sun May 15, 2011 12:31 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I once aquired a PDF of the prima guide, but I never once read it. It's just too long. I may read it someday (to rejuinate my experience) but I see no point. Is there anything that good in it? What does it even do?

Sun May 15, 2011 3:22 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Swatme101 wrote:
I once aquired a PDF of the prima guide, but I never once read it. It's just too long. I may read it someday (to rejuinate my experience) but I see no point. Is there anything that good in it? What does it even do?

It has several maps for insects, gems and meteorites which is very helpful for sims who enjoy collecting them. It's a lot of info but nothing that you don't already know lol. But it is useful when I wanted to look at the career levels and the maps. LOL I wouldn't delete the PDF, you might find out something you never knew before like I did :smile:

Mon May 16, 2011 3:02 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Alina
I don't know if this type of bed has been mentioned here yet... I found it on a French site. But I find it awesome (I might just use it!), so I'll throw it here in the hope that someone will go all "weeeeeeeeeeeeeee" with me.

Source: L'Univers Sims

Mon May 16, 2011 4:24 pm
Profile YIM
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Yeah bunk beds look pretty awesome. My sister and I had them when we were really young and I had the top, even though I always slept on the bottom since she always went to sleep with my parents. XD Anyways, definitely will use them a lot. :D

Mon May 16, 2011 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Alina
Kira wrote:
Yeah bunk beds look pretty awesome. My sister and I had them when we were really young and I had the top, even though I always slept on the bottom since she always went to sleep with my parents. XD Anyways, definitely will use them a lot. :D

I'm not big on bunk beds, firstly because I once fell from the top of one, second because most of my sims-children each have their own room. But I really liked the fact that this is just one bed, placed up, with a desk underneath. I always liked this kind of arrangement. And I've only seen the bunk bed with 2 beds until now (in Sims pictures, I mean). This is why I put in the picture. ^_^

Mon May 16, 2011 5:56 pm
Profile YIM
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Ah well half the time my kids share a room since I always end up with many sims in my households. I'm ttly with you about the desk though, it's a nice way to save space.

Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next