View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
 Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations 
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Re: Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations
Səphiroth wrote:
... It would work similarly to how when you take a trip in World Adventures.

God no. It takes too long for me to load up the vacation spots. I have a great computer but I get impatient (what with all my CC bwahaha).

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Kira wrote:
Səphiroth wrote:

God no. It takes too long for me to load up the vacation spots. I have a great computer but I get impatient (what with all my CC bwahaha).

I know it looks horrible, but TS3 in itself IS horrible.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:22 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Simmer
Simmer

Səphiroth wrote:
Kira wrote:
Səphiroth wrote:

NO IT'S NOT, THE GLITCHES TURN ME ON

Do you guys think Generations will come with more glitches? Because my game is already broken enough since I installed LN

Offtopic: How come the TS3 forum is never working? they had maintenance yesterday, and now this piece of crap appears: http://awesomescreenshot.com/022bi85ad

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:25 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Are you kidding me? I just installed Ambitions and everything, surprisingly, is working absolutely perfect. Like smooth as all hell. I haven't noticed any annoying lag. Someone grew up without lag!!!! And I fixed the one outdated mod I had. Like seriously. Everything is working perfectly.

But back to topic, of course this EP will come with Glitches! Especially with them focusing on Ambitions. I predict that it will take 2-3 patches before this EP works.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:42 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
There'll be a patch released before the game even goes to retail, just you watch.
EA seems to think that speeding up the release date and focusing on ironing out the wrinkles while they're making money from the sales is a smart thing to do. It's not.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:54 pm
Simmer
Simmer

Swatme101 wrote:
Are you kidding me? I just installed Ambitions and everything, surprisingly, is working absolutely perfect. Like smooth as all hell. I haven't noticed any annoying lag. Someone grew up without lag!!!! And I fixed the one outdated mod I had. Like seriously. Everything is working perfectly.

But back to topic, of course this EP will come with Glitches! Especially with them focusing on Ambitions. I predict that it will take 2-3 patches before this EP works.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=35484
Wait until that happens to you and we will see how happy you will get :stare:

I wont buy Generations at release day until they squashed the bugs already affecting my game. My glitches include:
Spoiler:
Extremely laggy game for no reason + incredibly long loading times
Elevators stop working for no reason, trapping people inside the restaurants in LN
Got stuck in Egypt...twice
Sims get stuck when they walk near my sim. Also happened to some NPCs, like the consignment store guy (GJ with that EA)
Sometimes pictures never show up in the relationships tab, which makes it 200% harder to figure out who that person is
Ghosts fill my entire town with cars, because for whatever reason ghosts travel using cars now, they don't disappear when they do either. They stay
Invisible sims when you go to holiday, that ends up trapping you by removing the HUD when you reload

And now my vampires no longer get hurt by the sun. My butler also drinks everything I make using mixology in less than 30 sec. He picks up a glass, takes a sip and then picks up another until all glasses are gone

Draik wrote:
There'll be a patch released before the game even goes to retail, just you watch.
EA seems to think that speeding up the release date and focusing on ironing out the wrinkles while they're making money from the sales is a smart thing to do. It's not.
I really hope this glitch fixes some of the more game breaking glitches, like the glitch that gets people stuck on holiday and the glitch that prevents me from moving out.

I wonder what glitches related to the Imaginary friend might appear? I bet he will get stuck all over the place, or that all sims will be able to see him...
But if they add a "oh! An Imaginary friend!" every time I walk near him, I'm deinstalling this game 4 life :sad:

I found some more pictures btw:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/365082.page pictures of the treehouse and the seesaws
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/364999.page picture of loading screen

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:10 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Sylar wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=35484
Wait until that happens to you and we will see how happy you will get :stare:

I wont buy Generations at release day until they squashed the bugs already affecting my game. My glitches include:
Spoiler:
Elevators stop working for no reason, trapping people inside the restaurants in LN
Sims get stuck when they walk near my sim. Also happened to some NPCs, like the consignment store guy (GJ with that EA)
Sometimes pictures never show up in the relationships tab, which makes it 200% harder to figure out who that person is
Ghosts fill my entire town with cars, because for whatever reason ghosts travel using cars now, they don't disappear when they do either. They stay
Invisible sims when you go to holiday, that ends up trapping you by removing the HUD when you reload

And now my vampires no longer get hurt by the sun. My butler also drinks everything I make using mixology in less than 30 sec. He picks up a glass, takes a sip and then picks up another until all glasses are gone

Draik wrote:
I really hope this glitch fixes some of the more game breaking glitches, like the glitch that gets people stuck on holiday and the glitch that prevents me from moving out.

I wonder what glitches related to the Imaginary friend might appear? I bet he will get stuck all over the place, or that all sims will be able to see him...
But if they add a "oh! An Imaginary friend!" every time I walk near him, I'm deinstalling this game 4 life :sad:

I found some more pictures btw:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/365082.page pictures of the treehouse and the seesaws
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/364999.page picture of loading screen

Offtopic: I'll tell you whether or not those bugs have happened to me:

Spoiler:
-- This has happened to me many times in the past. Cleared Cache, Got rid of bad mods, and made sure everything checked out. Finally went away.
-- Elevators just suck, they take forever and EA needs to take out arguments for them, eg, they just need to work reguardless of whether the routing works EG they need to just let people walk through eachother
--WA is a beast of it's own, don't have it and don't want it.
--That's odd, but probably caused by corrupt save file. You need to just start a new save game :/
-- Clear all your caches, get awesome mod, and type "fixall" in the cheat menu. That'll help.
--That's normal. You just need to clear derelict vehicles. You can do that with the Watchtower (is that what that's called?) or Awesome Mod. Use TowDerelicts or fixall in awesome mod
-- Noooo idea what that means. Once again, corrput save, start over.

Offtopic: I'm not trying to rub it in your face, I was just saying. May game may work perfectly, but there is such a big catch. I use so many systems to keep the game running smoothly. All the mods I have, constant cleanup, constant debugging, launching with AwesomeMod updater... My game is in no way pure, or anywhere close to the game that EA released. Am I satisfied? Yes? Am I happy that I have a game that you need so many third party systems to work right? Not at all. But what can I say, in the end, I still enjoy the shit out of the game.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:22 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Oh wow, I love that startup loading screen.
On the topic of game bugs in relation to mods... Mine's pretty much vanilla. Apart from the whole Store collection which I obtained less-than-legally, I don't have any other CC or mods. The game's patched up to the lastest version, and my Windows Experience Index thingo's 5.9 (I know there's more accurate ways of measuring PC performance but that'd involve delving into the RAM and graphics memory and all that stuff) but I still get a few glitches. I was playing this family for hours the other day and I went to send them to France for a holiday and they just disappeared. France loaded, but they weren't there, I got sent to the Edit Town screen for Champs Les Sims. It was kind of awesome because France became a playable neighbourhood, but my family just vanished.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:39 pm
Simmer
Simmer

Swatme101 wrote:
Offtopic: I'll tell you whether or not those bugs have happened to me:

Spoiler:
-- This has happened to me many times in the past. Cleared Cache, Got rid of bad mods, and made sure everything checked out. Finally went away.
-- Elevators just suck, they take forever and EA needs to take out arguments for them, eg, they just need to work reguardless of whether the routing works EG they need to just let people walk through eachother
--WA is a beast of it's own, don't have it and don't want it.
--That's odd, but probably caused by corrupt save file. You need to just start a new save game :/
-- Clear all your caches, get awesome mod, and type "fixall" in the cheat menu. That'll help.
--That's normal. You just need to clear derelict vehicles. You can do that with the Watchtower (is that what that's called?) or Awesome Mod. Use TowDerelicts or fixall in awesome mod
-- Noooo idea what that means. Once again, corrput save, start over.

Offtopic: I'm not trying to rub it in your face, I was just saying. May game may work perfectly, but there is such a big catch. I use so many systems to keep the game running smoothly. All the mods I have, constant cleanup, constant debugging, launching with AwesomeMod updater... My game is in no way pure, or anywhere close to the game that EA released. Am I satisfied? Yes? Am I happy that I have a game that you need so many third party systems to work right? Not at all. But what can I say, in the end, I still enjoy the shit out of the game.
Offtopic: I already got AM but the "fixall" rarely helps. I'm also enjoying the game, but really. I cant even use WA anymore because I might get trapped somewhere

I really hope they release a really cool patch that fixes most of these. At least the "get stuck near sims" and and the slow loading times. I can live without WA, you can only do the dungeons once anyway...

I really hope they post a picture of the darn Imaginary friend soon. Because really, how fun does

Code:
This fantasy creature with a [b]fancy pants suit, different pairs of shoes[/b] and a glowing “light bulb” on the head, moves strangely. An imaginary friend stems from a doll which a child tends to nurture. Once the doll has turned into an imaginary friend, many new interactions become available.
Sound? Right now it sounds like he is going to look like a clown or something. If it looks like the Tragic Clown I swear I will murder him. I still got nightmares about him :| darn Sims 1

@Draik: when I got trapped in Egypt my sim was a vampire and I did not own a house there. So my experience there wasn't that fun...Would probably be pretty cool if you owned a house there though. Adventuring every night :yeah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:44 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Səphiroth wrote:

QFT. :ton:

I think the imaginary friend sounds really silly (the looks, not the idea). Though onto the idea, I play on a normal lifespan and the child age is really quite short so I'm wondering just how long it will take a kid to turn a doll into an imaginary friend. Oooh or maybe they can have this doll as a toddler. hmz

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Simmer
Simmer

Kira wrote:
Səphiroth wrote:

QFT. :ton:

I think the imaginary friend sounds really silly (the looks, not the idea). Though onto the idea, I play on a normal lifespan and the child age is really quite short so I'm wondering just how long it will take a kid to turn a doll into an imaginary friend. Oooh or maybe they can have this doll as a toddler. hmz

Well, basically this is what we know about the imaginary friend so far (minus all the obvious parts, like the doll):

Your imaginary friend will look something like a cross between a doll and a robot
It will dress really strange
It will have a color, maybe like a ghost?
It will walk strange
You can start a romantic relationship with it when you turn teenager
It will have a light bulb over their head (instead of a plumbob I guess)

Things we don't know (might be released on Tuesday):
Exactly what it looks like
If it got any unique interactions at all (not counting minor ones, like possible "talk about imaginary buildings" or whatever)
If they actually got a lifespan (meaning they can die before you do)
If the imaginary friend might still stick around if the creator dies (unlikely)
If an imaginary friend that turns into a real sim will be unique in any way, or if it's just like alien or something
If it got a frustrating "An Imaginary friend!" whenever you walk anywhere near it
If it can improve skills (imagine if it could cook for you? :smile: )
If NPCs will have imaginary friends as well (oh please no..)

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:50 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I have to say....I'm getting more and more excited about this EP after reading all the articles on the homepage. I really believe this will enhance the game play, make each life stage more interesting (and worth going through!), and I'm especially very interesting in this new creature - imaginary friend :smile:

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:55 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I winder if there will be any thoughts anytime soon!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:49 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Andrew
I think imaginary friends are gonna disappear when Sim turns into a young adult UNLESS
They turn them into a real Sim (I remember hearing something about this in a previous article)
OR
You use some sort of mod, which I am sure will be made, to keep around forever.

Im actually excited for this mod, just because its not what you WANT, does not mean it wont be good.
-It may not have as MUCH gameplay enhancements as other expansions
-It wont be what you WANT (Seasons, Pets, and Magic)
-You are going to put it down because its not what you want.

This expansion offers what I need, because dear god, children and sometimes teens lives are dreadful.
(and the memory system:D)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:49 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

inu323 wrote:
This expansion offers what I need, because dear god, children and sometimes teens lives are dreadful.
(and the memory system:D)

Same! I've always missed memories and my kids need more to do. I seriously can't wait until they grow up to YAs. Finding things for them to do it hard. And it's a shame because kids were so much more fun in TS2 (well with EPs).

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Simmer
Simmer

inu323 wrote:
I think imaginary friends are gonna disappear when Sim turns into a young adult UNLESS
They turn them into a real Sim (I remember hearing something about this in a previous article)

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/116/1162165p1.html

If a Sim develops his chemistry ability (also new in Generations) to the highest level, they'll have the power to bring their imaginary friend to life, where it will become an actual member of the family. A Sim could even opt then to marry their imaginary friend if they want.
Teenagers cant marry people from what I know, so you are probably wrong.
Also, it would be suicide for EA if they made it so that the IF disappears when you turn YA.
Imagine in Sims 2 if an alien sim turned normal when they turned adult, would you like that? No?
EA is dumb, but not THAT dumb

Oh shit, I didn't see it said "A Sim could even opt then".
But whatever, I still doubt EA would make the IF disappear...

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:10 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

I said that due to the fact that its an IMAGINARY friend. xD
But I understand that a ton of people would be mad at that x)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:07 pm
Simmer
Simmer

inu323 wrote:
I said that due to the fact that its an IMAGINARY friend. xD
But I understand that a ton of people would be mad at that x)

If it's true, it would be nice if you could find the article that said that. If it's really true I swear I will rage..

You know, it just hit me: If they do, in fact, disappear...then what happens to them? Is the Sim still in the game, inactive? Or is it erased completely? If so, wont that screw up the memories?

Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Sylar wrote:
If it's true, it would be nice if you could find the article that said that. If it's really true I swear I will rage..

You know, it just hit me: If they do, in fact, disappear...then what happens to them? Is the Sim still in the game, inactive? Or is it erased completely? If so, wont that screw up the memories?

Ooohh, noo.

I said I heard about an article stating that you can turn imaginary friends into sims.
Not that they will dissapear x)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:41 pm
Simmer
Simmer

inu323 wrote:
Sylar wrote:

Ooohh, noo.

I said I heard about an article stating that you can turn imaginary friends into sims.
Not that they will dissapear x)

Oh thank goodness Christ. You scared the living shit out of me for a while there.

I also heard you can turn them into sims using the chemistry set.
The REAL question is: will they be turned into REAL sims, or something in between?

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next