View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Expansion packs worth buying.. 

You would reccomend buying:
World Adventures 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
Ambitions 39%  39%  [ 16 ]
Late Night 41%  41%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 41

Expansion packs worth buying.. 
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
Post Expansion packs worth buying..
For those of you who've purchased the expansion packs, which do you recommend buying? I'm sure with all the hype and newness of each expansion they've all seemed like good choices, at least at the time, but now that it has been awhile which would you still recommend?

A good way to think about it would be, if you could go back in time, would you still buy that expansion? And if you wouldn't recommend buying any of them, post that too!

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:47 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Post Re: Expansion packs worth buying..
I don't have WA but I would recommend Late Night and Ambitions. I have spent hours and hours and hours on Ambitions, playing out the professions, I think they're a lot of fun and added a whole new type of gameplay. As for Late Night, I love the big city and the fact that there are more community lots - clubs and bars - to go to. I think if I had to choose one though... it would probably be... don't make me choose!! Probably Ambitions.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Definitely, Late Night if I had to buy one. Though I'm not the best person to ask since I haven't actually played Sims 3 in many months. But Late Night was the one that got me hooked the longest. *nod*

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:22 am
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Kira wrote:
Definitely, Late Night if I had to buy one. Though I'm not the best person to ask since I haven't actually played Sims 3 in many months. But Late Night was the one that got me hooked the longest. *nod*

Offtopic: Wow that's a pretty long time... Right now I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms for not playing in forever :laugh: :sad: .

Anyways I voted Late Night because it really changes up the gameplay a lot. The dozens of community lots and the city feel is really something I don't think that players should pass up. If TS4 is made, I probably won't start buying that franchise until they release a downtown/LN type EP since it's pretty much essential for me to love the game.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:58 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I have only bought Late Night, ABSOLUTELY love it, and I am going to buy Ambitions ASAP. About World Adventures... Idk, that just doesn't appeal to me, suprisingly. I LOVED OFB. So that's why I am going to get Ambitions. Also, I need to do that so I can get my world in order with the right Rabbit Holes. I do want to play it too though!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:23 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Swatme101 wrote:
I have only bought Late Night, ABSOLUTELY love it, and I am going to buy Ambitions ASAP. About World Adventures... Idk, that just doesn't appeal to me, suprisingly. I LOVED OFB. So that's why I am going to get Ambitions. Also, I need to do that so I can get my world in order with the right Rabbit Holes. I do want to play it too though!

Ambitions is nothing like OFB. There is no real business aspect to it; only fleshed out, interactive careers.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:31 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Scryer wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

Ambitions is nothing like OFB. There is no real business aspect to it; only fleshed out, interactive careers.

No I know!! I just loved the crafting stuff. And so theres no coffee shops to be built?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:27 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Swatme101 wrote:
Scryer wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

No I know!! I just loved the crafting stuff. And so theres no coffee shops to be built?

In Amsterdam a coffee shop is where you go to purchase marijuana products if I remember correctly lol. And no, there aren't any cafe type community lots in Amb. But I wish that we'll be getting it in Generations.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:36 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Scryer wrote:
In Amsterdam a coffee shop is where you go to purchase marijuana products if I remember correctly lol. And no, there aren't any cafe type community lots in Amb. But I wish that we'll be getting it in Generations.

LOL. But no, that won't be in generations. I doubt it will ever be in TS3.
But tell me, can you make shops with WA then?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:12 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Swatme101 wrote:
Scryer wrote:

LOL. But no, that won't be in generations. I doubt it will ever be in TS3.
But tell me, can you make shops with WA then?

If by WA you mean AMB, then also no :smile: . You can create your own stylist place, consignment store, etc but you can't create something like a clothing store, grocery store, cafe, coffee shop, etc. Now that I think on it you can't even own a stylist place, you can only work at one. The only place that you can really own is the consignment store.

Like I mentioned before, I do think that AMB is a little overrated.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:17 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I'd have to say Late Night. It offered the most. Ambitions was fun and I absolutely love Twinbrook. I haven't even play Bridgeport because of it, so Ambitions is second, and I only got WA just to have all three :smile: . As for the upcoming EP Generations, I think this one seems more like a stuff pack, much like Free Time was with Sims 2.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:53 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I like all three :)

When I first played WA, I was actually impressed. I like the beautiful landscapes of China, France and Egypt, and the different songs you could learn from each country. Going on adventures are a lot of fun as well. I would recommend it. Whenever my sims get married, they would go to another country for their honeymoon lol :love: I don't know, it just adds basically 3 different worlds for your sims to experience, in my opinion, I think it really enhances the experience of playing the Sims.

China is probably my favorite place to visit out of the three 8{^_^}8

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

chippy wrote:

When I first played WA, I was actually impressed. I like the beautiful landscapes of China, France and Egypt, and the different songs you could learn from each country. Going on adventures are a lot of fun as well. I would recommend it. Whenever my sims get married, they would go to another country for their honeymoon lol :love: I don't know, it just adds basically 3 different worlds for your sims to experience, in my opinion, I think it really enhances the experience of playing the Sims.

I want WA, but I know I just won't use it too much. Hopefully someday if I got some change in my pocket, I'll discover it's awesomeness.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:22 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Swatme101 wrote:
chippy wrote:

I want WA, but I know I just won't use it too much. Hopefully someday if I got some change in my pocket, I'll discover it's awesomeness.

LOL You probably don't have long to wait, I think the price for WA dropped recently. Just the other day, I saw a dual pack with the Sims Adventures and AmbitionsHigh-End Loft Stuff Pack for only $29.99. :smile: LOL Sorry for the mistake

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:25 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Can't believe i'm actually doing this - but i ticked reccommend WA. I actually think its been the best expansionpack so far. And no. I'm not being sarcastic! Ambitions wasn't all that great for me, I played the firefighter career and was completeley turned off by the 'maintain the fire alarms' thing you have to do every day. Pretty sure a mechanic does that?? Not the actual firefighters..... They should be fighting fires.. Hence the title.
I then played the fashion styler career, and I actually thought this career was good, but only for making fugly townies look a little bit more acceptable.
Late night is good, I've been playing the town quite a lot, but the town is pretty much the only good thing about it, as well as some awsome new objects, and night clubs. So i reccommended that one too.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]