View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
 Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post Re: Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations
An annoucment would be welcomed yes. Enough about Medieval already!!

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Radiant wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:
I'm tellin yah. I'm feelin this Thursday. IF not, then I will be upset. I am just dying for new information. THeres like nothing to talk about, and speculation always bites you in the ass afterwards.

Why are you saying Thursday? Is there some kind of event going on that day?

I just have a hunch. Because didn't EA always announce stuff on Thursdays? Weren't they called Sim Thursdays?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:06 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
No thats only store stuff i think. Most game retailers, and publishers release info and games on tuesdays. Its the same for books. The only game i can recall that was announced on a thursday is saints row: the third.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:27 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Hmm.. But i swear that before the game was released it was "Sim Thursdays" or "Sim Tuesdays"

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:14 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

They did have Sim day Thursdays. It was back mainly when the Sims 1 was out. They'd have new downloads or screen shots. Things like that.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:39 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

LadyAngua wrote:
lewisb40 wrote:
Hey, does this sort of confirm the rumors?

http://www.thesims3.com/game/ep4/systemreq

Top left corner under Games, this is for Generations.

Seems they added a screenshot and video page, they are not functioning yet.

http://www.thesims3.com/game/ep4/screenshots
http://www.thesims3.com/game/ep4/videos
The links are no longer going to the "Generations" page it says Late Night instead. It still gives a 404 message if you click it though. ???

Does it mean they give up to release Generations ???

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 pm
I'm a Stereo
I'm a Stereo

Name: Joe
WhiteCloud wrote:
LadyAngua wrote:
lewisb40 wrote:
Hey, does this sort of confirm the rumors?

http://www.thesims3.com/game/ep4/systemreq

Top left corner under Games, this is for Generations.

Seems they added a screenshot and video page, they are not functioning yet.

http://www.thesims3.com/game/ep4/screenshots
http://www.thesims3.com/game/ep4/videos
The links are no longer going to the "Generations" page it says Late Night instead. It still gives a 404 message if you click it though. ???

Does it mean they give up to release Generations ???

I'm pretty sure this usually happens when EA realise people have found it, and they hide it for a while and then show it again when it's been announced.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

I don't know how I feel about this expansion pack right now, tbh. Maybe if they include some new interactions with babies/toddlers... such as, A CHANGING TABLE! :O And giving baths... they overlooked a lot of the little things when they made the base game.. Maybe you can actually give babies clothes that were passed down from previous generations? :D Maybe you can make clothes with sewing machines/knitting etc.
Also maybe some discipline.. like, if your kid gets an F you can ground them or something.. I dunno, just make it a bit more realistic.

I would love to see seasons and pets and I think they are playing with the option of animals because I did see some pigeons in Late Night.

Here's hopin'. :ahh:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I think Generations is probably still there, haha. They most likely just changed the name on the page.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:40 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Danny
If this expansion pack is gonna be a recreation of the Sims 2 free time then I'm not even gonna buy it. :meh:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
lamar1313 wrote:
If this expansion pack is gonna be a recreation of the Sims 2 free time then I'm not even gonna buy it. :meh:

I agree. At first I liked the new objects and things Sims could do but after a while I felt like it would have been better as a Stuff Pack because it wasn't EP-worthy.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Quote:
I don't know how I feel about this expansion pack right now, tbh. Maybe if they include some new interactions with babies/toddlers... such as, A CHANGING TABLE! :O And giving baths... they overlooked a lot of the little things when they made the base game.. Maybe you can actually give babies clothes that were passed down from previous generations? :D Maybe you can make clothes with sewing machines/knitting etc.
Also maybe some discipline.. like, if your kid gets an F you can ground them or something.. I dunno, just make it a bit more realistic

There would have to be a TON of more content than this to make me buy the game. If they actually try to pull an EP like this then I will release my inner-ghetto on EA.

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if Generations turned out to be another Console game :evillaugh: ?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:39 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

lamar1313 wrote:

I, persoanlly, loved Freetime, IDK about you guys. But Idk.. I feel like I will like whatever it is. I'm easily won over. I am still waiting to buy ambitions. Can't wait :)

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:58 am
come hither
come hither

I kinda liked free time too. I loved it and Apartment life. Apartment life was one of my favorite eps, maybe even my favorite.
I think the problem with free time though is the lack of new gameplay. Sure the objects were fun and I loved giving my simmies new things to do, but I could see where some people would think "this is just a random objects ep?" Which it sort of was.

So the issue with generations is, how will it affect the gameplay? Will it add any actual substance? Probably not.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Teisha
Post Generations.
Is it just me or is the son from the generations trailer really attractive for a Sim!

I think you know the one I'm talking about :wink:

*merged* -lauren

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

The grandpa is even attractive. He looks so lively for an elder.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:27 am
come hither
come hither

I think the grandma is a really attractive grandma. She looks like a gray haired 30 year old to me. Time was gracious to her.

I definitely don't think this looks like a stuff pack. Anyone who has bought a stuff pack knows that it is against the rules for an SP to add anything the game doesn't already have. (With VERY rare exceptions.)
I feel like this game feels somewhere inbetween and ep and sp, and therefore should be priced inbetween the two prices. :nod:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:55 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Nobody is saying it's an actual Stuff Pack, I'm saying that it doesn't look like an EP. Just looks like a pack with a few items and interactions.

I'm so disappointed with this. Generations could have meant so much more. It could have meant the addition of University. It could have expanded schools in some way. It could have given kids musical instruments to play, etc.

There are a few small things that look cool in this EP: the strollers, the chest hair (not sure I'd use it much on my male Sims, but it's nice to have), the cane, and the wedding items, however all of them seem like something that would have been minor features added in an much larger EP (and we would have only discovered them after buying the EP) but instead they're the main features... What in the world?

Take The Sims 2 University for example, remember how the pranks were a very minor advertised feature in that much larger EP? It's just very sad that now we have an EP for The Sims 3 where they are a main feature and there aren't any other main features that seem any larger than it.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:49 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Interesting after watching the trailer....doesn't seem to add much to the game...

But I will wait a bit at least until the game gets a release date. I'm sure there is some big feature (hopefully features) that will sell the game, I don't see how EA convinces people to buy a game with just a bunch of new animations :con: (of course though EA just plans to throw out another game with 'Sims' in the title...)

Although if there was something bigger you'd think they would hint at it in this video.

I like the idea of the EP though, I've always felt that the toddler-teen years were just soooo boring for sims at least to me. I mean it is fun mating the Sims and seeing the results, but the toddler-teen years always felt so monotonous to me so I hope this EP will break up that.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:18 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

H.O.W wrote:
Although if there was something bigger you'd think they would hint at it in this video.

I like the idea of the EP though, I've always felt that the toddler-teen years were just soooo boring for sims at least to me. I mean it is fun mating the Sims and seeing the results, but the toddler-teen years always felt so monotonous to me so I hope this EP will break up that.

That's what's really getting to me. If there's more to this EP than transparent interactions then it would've been shown in the trailer because trailers are meant to sell the game to the players. IMO the trailer looks like its trying to sell itself to the 'new' or younger players and not to the veterans (who know a thing or two when it comes down to the realistic expectations of the TS3 franchise).

The best case scenario, for me, would be that they open up schools and create daycares.

Radiant wrote:
I'm so disappointed with this. Generations could have meant so much more. It could have meant the addition of University. It could have expanded schools in some way. It could have given kids musical instruments to play, etc.

I agree. EA is only hitting the obvious points on the theme "Generations". Which is just interactions for each age and that is not enough to consitute a decent EP. I was also secretly hoping that university would be included in this EP.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next